Oprah Drops BeBe From Show: Criticism...

Oprah Drops BeBe From Show: Criticism centers on his domestic violence charges.

There are 24 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Nov 6, 2009, titled Oprah Drops BeBe From Show: Criticism centers on his domestic violence charges.. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Oprah Winfrey has removed gospel singer BeBe Winans from her show's "karaoke challenge" until charges against him for allegedly pushing his ex-wife to the ground are resolved.

Winans appeared on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" last week to discuss the selection of contestants for the season-long challenge. He was also seen surprising some of the finalists with news they had made the cut.

Winfrey spokesman Don Halcombe said Thursday that Winans will be cut out of the karaoke segments entirely.

Winans was charged with misdemeanor domestic assault in a Feb. 13 incident, where Winans and his ex-wife Debra were allegedly arguing about their children. Winans has a court date set for Jan. 20.

As previously reported, Winfrey was criticized this week for including Winans after she had taken a strong stand against domestic violence earlier this year. She did a show on the topic when singer Chris Brown assaulted his then-girlfriend Rihanna. Winfrey said at the time: "Domestic violence is something that I wouldn't tolerate. Period."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim John

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2009
status quo...

...The funny thing is that criminals are never those that commit workplace violence.

Workplace violence is committed by those with no criminal record...

Because those with criminal records can not find employment... So laws that would hold Oprah liable for Bebe's actions at work, should he ever become 'violent', never really are used..ever...

Of course Bebe is innocent until proven guilty, but in America you are guilty until proven innocent and Oprah's move here goes a long way in showing that fact...

It's just like this Army Officer that just shot and killed 13 and wounded 31 at Fort Hood, you think he had a criminal record prior? Of course not, but the military will not accept persons with criminal records that would never commit such acts...

,... the status quo is that people charged, or convicted of crimes become 'monsters' in America ostracized forever, when the next (workplace) rampage killer will be someone not charged with or convicted of a crime...

So in retrospect, certain criminal records shouldn't even be a determining factor for employment in America, and is only used in America to ensure the status quo...
fedupwiththemess

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2009
Good for Oprah! Keep these woman beaters away like a fungas!!!
Tim John

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Good for Oprah! Keep these woman beaters away like a fungas!!!
How do you know he is guilty, you wouldn't be selected for jury duty in your lifetime...
KCUF Obama

Urbandale, IA

#4 Nov 6, 2009
He's black. He must have done it.
Tim John

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2009
KCUF Obama wrote:
If you are White, you would be selected for jury duty. The system loves racist Whites for jury duty, to ensure convictions against the targeted races...regardless of actual guilt or innocence....
Tim John

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2009
KCUF Obama wrote:
and what does that mean 'KCUF Obama'? Type it here... I may need to have you intercepted by the Secret Service...
Tim John

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2009
Like I said, I'm sure the next workplace (rampage) killer will not have a criminal record... this man in Florida appears to have not had a record...
WLC

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Nov 6, 2009
Tim John?

WTH kind of NAME do you call THAT?

The stench of devil is STRONG on YOU!

GorillaBlack

“I collect Dimes! ”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 6, 2009
Oprah Winfry hates Black Men!

“The One You Love To Hate”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Nov 6, 2009
He's a black man. Domestic violence is his very nature. Oprah should know this.
KCUF Obama

Urbandale, IA

#11 Nov 6, 2009
Tim John wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are White, you would be selected for jury duty. The system loves racist Whites for jury duty, to ensure convictions against the targeted races...regardless of actual guilt or innocence....
Good sign me up. One more brotha off the streets.

“Right-Wing Nuts Are 1%ers”

Since: Dec 07

Redneckville, Florida

#12 Nov 6, 2009
Tim John wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he is guilty, you wouldn't be selected for jury duty in your lifetime...
Thank you. I have an ex-wife as crazy as his, and she filed lie charges like this one against me 3 times---thanks to the cops and 3 different judges who saw it for what it was---child custody legal maneuvering, and all were dropped and I ended up with custody of the kids. Just because you lie doesn't mean the cops are always stupid, and the judges see thousands of these cases and know the difference.

Women can be such cu**s if you make them look bad.
Ron

Urbandale, IA

#14 Nov 7, 2009
Yolanda wrote:
He's a black man. Domestic violence is his very nature. Oprah should know this.
How would she know? Stedman isnt even a man. Gayle wears the pants in that house.
39ehonor

San Antonio, TX

#15 Nov 7, 2009
BeBe and Cece Winans are excellent Christian Rock singers, they had some great songs in the mid-90's
Frank

Detroit, MI

#16 Nov 8, 2009
F*** Oprah.
Mr Mother Yucker

Temple, TX

#17 Nov 9, 2009
Frank wrote:
F*** Oprah.
Yuck, why would anyone want to Yuck oprah?

I would never Yuck Oprah.

Gayle yucks Oprah.

Gayle and Oprah are lesbian mother yuckers!
John

Oakland, CA

#18 Nov 9, 2009
Who'd you rather boink: Oprah or Ellen Degeneres?
Frank

Detroit, MI

#19 Nov 9, 2009
Mr Mother Yucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck, why would anyone want to Yuck oprah?
I would never Yuck Oprah.
Gayle yucks Oprah.
Gayle and Oprah are lesbian mother yuckers!
LOL! Tru dat!
Frank

Detroit, MI

#20 Nov 9, 2009
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
How would she know? Stedman isnt even a man. Gayle wears the pants in that house.
LOL!!!!!
Jeff

Urbandale, IA

#21 Nov 9, 2009
John wrote:
Who'd you rather boink: Oprah or Ellen Degeneres?
Thats like asking would you rather have a punch to the face, or a kick to the balls. I'd prefer neither.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bebe Winans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BeBe Winans shares memories of Whitney Houston (Aug '13) Sep '13 Kim 6
News One Night Only: Bebe Winans to perform solo at ... (May '13) May '13 Zethu Magwaza 3
News Hewlett-Packard Worth $32, Bets On Australian G... (Jun '12) Jun '12 THE MASTER RACE 2
News Saginaw gospel singer Jessica Reedy competes on... (Mar '09) May '12 sharon richardson 24
BeBe Winans - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Vasiliki 1
News Sunday Best - BET Launches American Idol show f... (Oct '07) Jul '11 Delores 54
News BeBe Winans Oprah Ban - Talk Show Host Making C... (Nov '09) Nov '09 rjdgirl 1
More from around the web