IT WAS FRANK STERNETT alias BARRY MAN...

IT WAS FRANK STERNETT alias BARRY MANILOW @ O'MALLEY'S IN 1993 .

Posted in the Barry Manilow Forum

Frank Sternett

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2006
CHRIS McNAMARA, SPECIAL TO THE TRIBUNE --
I'VE SPOKE OF THAT DAY SO MANY TIMES AS I WAS ON A 3 FOOT CORED MIC WITH 200-300 YOUNGER ADULTS AROUND ME STANDING TOGETHER LIKE BOWLING PINS WITH A FREQUENCY IN THEIR VOICES LIKE I'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE IN MY LIFE.
I JUST WALKED INTO O'MALLEY'S FOR A SECOND AFTER BEING AT THE CONCERT IN THE ASSEMBLY HALL AND MADE A SWEEP IN LIKE 40 SECONDS AND IN RETURNING STOPPED AT THE DJ BOOTH LIKE 6 FEET ABOVE THE FLOOR AND HE HANDLED ME THE MIC AND I HUNG ONTO THE SIDE OF THE BOOTH WITH THIS SHORT CORD AND SANG A SONG.
THEY WENT NUTS WITH JOY !
I JUST HAPPENED TONIGHT TO CHECK FOR ANYTHING WITH MY NAME ON GOOGLE AND CAME UP WITH YOUR RECENT 10-20-06 STORY.
MR. MANILOW IS A WONDERFUL & SINCERE ENTERTAINER. I WAS ENTERTAINING IN PALM SPRINGS, CA.FOR 35 SHOWS THIS LAST FEB. & MAR.06 AND CERTAINLY ENJOYED HIS NEW HOMETOWN OF PALM SPRINGS.
HAD MANY BUSINESS OWNERS THINKING I WAS HIM AND EVEN AT THE FOLLIES THEATRE, MR.RIFF MARKOWITZ STOPPED THE SHOW AND INTRODUCED ME, "WELL FOR THE PAST 2 HRS. OUR CAST THOUGHT HE FINALLY CAME TO OUR SHOW, YOUNGMAN WOULD YOU PLEASE STAND UP AS IF ANYONE LOOKS LIKE BARRY MANILOW YOU DO !".
ALSO I'VE ENTERTAINED AT THE CHI9CAGO HILTON'S GRAND 2ND FLOOR BALLROOM IN 96' FOR THE INTERN'L KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS OF WHICH THE GREAT STATE OF ILLINOIS HOSTED THEIR WORLDWIDE SUPREME CONVENTION. 3400 DELEGATES. WOW !
BEEN A GUEST ON REGIS & KATHIE LEE, OPENED FOR FRANKIE AVALON, BOOBY RYDELL, EDDIE HOLMAN, THE REFLECTIONS, FOUR TOPS AND MET TANYA TUCKER, RICKY SKAGGS, RICH LITTLE, BARBARA McNAIR, EDDIE FISHER, DAN HAGGERTY, LESLIE GORE, JIM PALMER, MR. MANILOW HIMSELF, WITH THE COMMENT,"YOU POOR UGLY GUY! ".
[email protected]
Warren

Enterprise, AL

#2 Aug 23, 2007
Hi Frank!

Warren

“A Little Travelin Music Please”

Since: Jun 07

Cleveland, Ohio

#3 Aug 25, 2007
Wow - Frank Sternett - there's a blast from the past!
I met you at a party the Toledo fan club threw about - oh man, what was it - 25 years ago?
I feel VERY old right now!
Anyway, nice to see you're still out there and kicking - take 'er easy!
Brenda
(formerly of Cleveland)
Gregg R - trying to reach

Central Islip, NY

#4 May 18, 2012
Frank Sternett wrote:
CHRIS McNAMARA, SPECIAL TO THE TRIBUNE --
I'VE SPOKE OF THAT DAY SO MANY TIMES AS I WAS ON A 3 FOOT CORED MIC WITH 200-300 YOUNGER ADULTS AROUND ME STANDING TOGETHER LIKE BOWLING PINS WITH A FREQUENCY IN THEIR VOICES LIKE I'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE IN MY LIFE.
I JUST WALKED INTO O'MALLEY'S FOR A SECOND AFTER BEING AT THE CONCERT IN THE ASSEMBLY HALL AND MADE A SWEEP IN LIKE 40 SECONDS AND IN RETURNING STOPPED AT THE DJ BOOTH LIKE 6 FEET ABOVE THE FLOOR AND HE HANDLED ME THE MIC AND I HUNG ONTO THE SIDE OF THE BOOTH WITH THIS SHORT CORD AND SANG A SONG.
THEY WENT NUTS WITH JOY !
I JUST HAPPENED TONIGHT TO CHECK FOR ANYTHING WITH MY NAME ON GOOGLE AND CAME UP WITH YOUR RECENT 10-20-06 STORY.
MR. MANILOW IS A WONDERFUL & SINCERE ENTERTAINER. I WAS ENTERTAINING IN PALM SPRINGS, CA.FOR 35 SHOWS THIS LAST FEB. & MAR.06 AND CERTAINLY ENJOYED HIS NEW HOMETOWN OF PALM SPRINGS.
HAD MANY BUSINESS OWNERS THINKING I WAS HIM AND EVEN AT THE FOLLIES THEATRE, MR.RIFF MARKOWITZ STOPPED THE SHOW AND INTRODUCED ME, "WELL FOR THE PAST 2 HRS. OUR CAST THOUGHT HE FINALLY CAME TO OUR SHOW, YOUNGMAN WOULD YOU PLEASE STAND UP AS IF ANYONE LOOKS LIKE BARRY MANILOW YOU DO !".
ALSO I'VE ENTERTAINED AT THE CHI9CAGO HILTON'S GRAND 2ND FLOOR BALLROOM IN 96' FOR THE INTERN'L KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS OF WHICH THE GREAT STATE OF ILLINOIS HOSTED THEIR WORLDWIDE SUPREME CONVENTION. 3400 DELEGATES. WOW !
BEEN A GUEST ON REGIS & KATHIE LEE, OPENED FOR FRANKIE AVALON, BOOBY RYDELL, EDDIE HOLMAN, THE REFLECTIONS, FOUR TOPS AND MET TANYA TUCKER, RICKY SKAGGS, RICH LITTLE, BARBARA McNAIR, EDDIE FISHER, DAN HAGGERTY, LESLIE GORE, JIM PALMER, MR. MANILOW HIMSELF, WITH THE COMMENT,"YOU POOR UGLY GUY! ".
[email protected]
Trying to reach Frank Sternett for a job - [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barry Manilow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
manilow (Feb '06) May 15 Village People 1,012
News Barry Manilow wins icon award; says coming out ... May 15 Village People 1
News Barry Manilow says he kept his sexuality secret... May 15 Village People 2
News Barry Manilow says he kept his sexuality secret... May 15 Village People 80
Poll Is Evan retarded (Dec '08) Apr '17 teravisbassssss 26
Keely Vasquez (Jul '06) Apr '17 Patti 87
subject of "could it be magic?" (Feb '09) Apr '17 Moishey Levy 17
More from around the web