Jackson, TN

#1 Apr 28, 2008
i like Barry Manilow and Billy Joel both but which one is a better piano man
Corby

AOL

#2 Jun 23, 2008
Evan wrote:
i like Barry Manilow and Billy Joel both but which one is a better piano man
Good question. I think it would be hard to answer that. I have been to several Billy Joel concerts. And thought he was great on the piano. The one time I saw Barry he was also great on the piano. Here's where comparing them gets tough. They are both very talented. But they also play very different types of music. When I want to listen to music that makes me want to get up and dance, I listen to Billy JOEL. For mellow moods I listen to Barry. Could Billy Joel perform any of Barry's songs as good as Barry does them ? I don't think so. But I could be wrong. Could Barry cover any of Billy Joel's songs ? Maybe a few. I still think trying to compare them is like comparing apples to oranges. That's my opinion.
Evan

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jun 23, 2008
well the Billy Joel songs Barry Manilow would cover would be Shes Got a Way Piano Man Just the Way You Are Shes Always a Women Honesty and thats all i can think of
Evan

Kingsport, TN

#4 Jun 23, 2008
Billy Joel has songs that are mellow too
Corby

AOL

#5 Jun 25, 2008
Evan wrote:
Billy Joel has songs that are mellow too
Yes he does . And I think they are good. His voice is so different from Barry's . It is hard to think of a Manilow song he could do well. But that is only my opinion.
Evan

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jun 26, 2008
Billy Joel however was in the movie Oliver and Company he played Doger and he singed and Barry Manilow wrote most of the songs for Oliver and Company Billy Joel also met Barry Manilow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barry Manilow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where does Barry live in Palm Springs, doe anyo... (Mar '06) Apr '15 JeOy 510
Barry is Gay (Apr '09) Apr '15 Primetime 225
News Suzanne Somers confirms Barry Manilow secretly ... Apr '15 Mathis 1
News Concert preview: Dave Koz, opener for Barry Man... Apr '15 Ravenite Coffee 1
Marry a man? Barry Manilow's done stranger things Apr '15 Ravenite Coffee 2
barry manilow looks horrible (Jun '11) Apr '15 Mickey Mouse 55
News Pacino hits the high notes in feel-good 'Danny ... Apr '15 ivfnurse 2
More from around the web