When manilow feels better
janette

Hinsdale, IL

#1 Feb 9, 2012
He should (but probably will not)take it easy and not be on stage. Instead of worrying about pleasing his fans he should please himself, meaning retire.
For some people it is a pain to reschedule their plans in order to see him this year.Not everyone can do that.Plans were already made to see Manilow at certain venues. So I can see why some are upset about it. Alot of people want Barry to get better before he can perform again which is fine, But having all these concerts 6 weeks after this surgery he had was crazy. Barry Manilow will never be able to sit back and relax because there are some fans that live and breathe Manilow. Can not go a day without him. What would they do with their lives if Barry wasnt touring? Wish he would pull the plug on his remaining concerts and take care of himself instead
RICKIE ft lauderdale

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Feb 18, 2012
lighten up.barry wants to please his fans. what's wrong with that?i give him credit for putting his fans first.
Chrissy

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Barry is always damned if he does or does'nt. The man knows when he is capable of performing. Some people heal quicker Get off his butt & just enjoy what the man stands for I am always ready for more Manilow, whenever he is ready!!!.
Lyd

London, UK

#4 Feb 20, 2012
I flew to NYC on 06 February. tickets for front row in hand for 10/11/12th at Radio City Music Hall....can't describe how I felt when I received news from LA to say ALL shows were cancelled....wish I had been informed a week before!
Christine

Twinsburg, OH

#5 Feb 20, 2012
janette wrote:
He should (but probably will not)take it easy and not be on stage. Instead of worrying about pleasing his fans he should please himself, meaning retire.
For some people it is a pain to reschedule their plans in order to see him this year.Not everyone can do that.Plans were already made to see Manilow at certain venues. So I can see why some are upset about it. Alot of people want Barry to get better before he can perform again which is fine, But having all these concerts 6 weeks after this surgery he had was crazy. Barry Manilow will never be able to sit back and relax because there are some fans that live and breathe Manilow. Can not go a day without him. What would they do with their lives if Barry wasnt touring? Wish he would pull the plug on his remaining concerts and take care of himself instead
I think Barry is the type of personality that needs to be busy and on the go all the time. He becomes bored quickly according to interviews I have seen. Retiring probably would do him more harm than continuing. I do feel he should not push it though. I think he would be miserable in retirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barry Manilow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
manilow (Feb '06) Oct '16 Anonymous Woman 1,005
Where does Barry live in Palm Springs, doe anyo... (Mar '06) Aug '16 Tony Clifton Impe... 514
Barry sucks (Sep '07) Apr '16 Fire Island Crewe 58
Barry is Gay (Apr '09) Feb '16 Dumpity 230
News Sideshow: Barry Manilow health scare? (Feb '16) Feb '16 ReA123 1
Barry Manilow A Special Kind Of Singer (Nov '15) Feb '16 rearonson15 2
News Halton drama students wow the audience with Bar... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Young and old 1
More from around the web