Ill. governor takes case to 'The View'

Ill. governor takes case to 'The View'

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 26, 2009, titled Ill. governor takes case to 'The View'. In it, Newsday reports that:

Gov. Rod Blagojevich won't confirm or deny what prosecutors say he was caught saying on wiretapped conversations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gloria Maloney

Genoa City, WI

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Barbara Walters brought up a quote by Governor Blagojevich's father-in-law from three years ago and tried to make it appear that what was said then is why Patti did not appear with her husband on the show today. This is another example of the distorted news we have been getting about our Governor. Bejar should also be ashamed for ruffling the Governor's hair. I did not like "The View" before and I like it less now. If the Governor of Illinois had been treated with respect and allowed to explain why and how the Illinois Senate hearing is a sham, I may have started watching the show regularly. I hope the sponsors are reading this.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#2 Jan 26, 2009
don't forget a doggie bag for Behar
Barbaraisselfabs orbed

Old Bridge, NJ

#3 Jan 26, 2009
The "ladies" of the view are disrepectful.

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Why did this dolt go on 'The View' anyway? You're fighting for your political life and you choose this nonsensical hen-house to defend yourself? It's not very smart. Meet the Press or Face The Nation, sure, now you're talking...but the friggin' view? Thank Christ Elizabeth was not there today. Ugh! She is the worst.

Barbara Walters is the only one who has credentials and some skill at interviewing and I was grateful she interviewed him quietly and with some respect before the other cluckers were allowed to have at him. I liked that Barbara didn't back down from the hard questions, yet did it with aplomb.

Whoopi was having a hard time following his logic, which guilty or not, he presented articulately. She had this maddening expression on her face--you know the one--looks like a perplexed puppy dog, head tilted to one side, saying 'Arr?'

Behar needs to be thrown a beatin' for ruffling his hair like that. What a Maroon! And she had the audacity to ask him for a Nixon impersonation. yikes.

It's really here nor there that he was on this stupid show anyway. He's guilty as hell and he's going buh-bye when it all comes out. He's been wiretapped trying to sell the goddamned seat. Game over.
Titan

Corona, NY

#5 Jan 26, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Why did this dolt go on 'The View' anyway? You're fighting for your political life and you choose this nonsensical hen-house to defend yourself? It's not very smart. Meet the Press or Face The Nation, sure, now you're talking...but the friggin' view? Thank Christ Elizabeth was not there today. Ugh! She is the worst.
Barbara Walters is the only one who has credentials and some skill at interviewing and I was grateful she interviewed him quietly and with some respect before the other cluckers were allowed to have at him. I liked that Barbara didn't back down from the hard questions, yet did it with aplomb.
Whoopi was having a hard time following his logic, which guilty or not, he presented articulately. She had this maddening expression on her face--you know the one--looks like a perplexed puppy dog, head tilted to one side, saying 'Arr?'
Behar needs to be thrown a beatin' for ruffling his hair like that. What a Maroon! And she had the audacity to ask him for a Nixon impersonation. yikes.
It's really here nor there that he was on this stupid show anyway. He's guilty as hell and he's going buh-bye when it all comes out. He's been wiretapped trying to sell the goddamned seat. Game over.
Yes, game over in the real world. But remember, these are the same harpies who asked McCain ridiculous question after question- with Whoopi throwing the biggest whopper of all - if she needs to worry about slavery coming back b/c mccain wanted to appoint strict contructionists to the supreme court. Whoopi= idiot!! Whoopi, someone who follows the constitution would have to follow the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, which abolishes slavery.

The uttery stupidity of the gals on the view is scary.

Florida...home of Trump

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Barbara Walters has credentials ? like 'if you were a tree ? what tree would that be ?'

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#7 Jan 26, 2009
Gloria Maloney wrote:
Barbara Walters brought up a quote by Governor Blagojevich's father-in-law from three years ago and tried to make it appear that what was said then is why Patti did not appear with her husband on the show today. This is another example of the distorted news we have been getting about our Governor. Bejar should also be ashamed for ruffling the Governor's hair. I did not like "The View" before and I like it less now. If the Governor of Illinois had been treated with respect and allowed to explain why and how the Illinois Senate hearing is a sham, I may have started watching the show regularly. I hope the sponsors are reading this.
Thank you for your input Mrs. Blagojevich.

Huntington Station, NY

#8 Jan 26, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbara Walters has credentials ? like 'if you were a tree ? what tree would that be ?'
LOL! ok, I'll give you that one. She'll never live that one down. I still think she's head and shoulders above those air-heads she sits with...

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#9 Jan 26, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, if she had any "credentials", she ;lost them when she started this show.....
My view

Islip, NY

#10 Jan 26, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Barbara Walters used to have credentials but she has turned into a joke in the last few years. She has given away any pretense about being a serious journalist. This show is just an extension of the liberal media, with Hasselback used as a punching bag much in the way Colmes used to be used by Fox.

“Enough Drama”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 26, 2009
Impeach Behar and also let him do a lil jail time too!

I bet he will come to his senses, then will try and commit suicide when he realizes how SENSELESS he was.

This govenor as well as this show must GO!

Huntington Station, NY

#12 Jan 26, 2009
My view wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbara Walters used to have credentials but she has turned into a joke in the last few years. She has given away any pretense about being a serious journalist. This show is just an extension of the liberal media, with Hasselback used as a punching bag much in the way Colmes used to be used by Fox.
Yes, I'll agree she has turned into a joke. Certainly, it was the wrong thing for her to do this show with entertainers, rather than real journalists.

Hasselback...mmmm...Well, she kind of brings the punches on herself, in my opinion. She's rabid and unfortunately for her, even if she has a point or two once in a while, it's hard to get past the shrill, angry way in which it's presented. I do respect her unshakable loyalty to her party though. Good for her.

Did you happen to catch Ann Coulter on the view a couple of weeks back? Holy Hannah, what a cat fight. For Elizabeth to sit quietly, obviously not a fan of Coulter, was something to see. Coulter showed up to the View after a tete-a-tete with Matt Lauer....
apocalypse soon

Hillside, NJ

#13 Jan 26, 2009
Barbaraisselfabsorbed wrote:
The "ladies" of the view are disrepectful.
The wadies are only diswespectful due to "The View" pwoducer Ba Ba Wa Wa, whom Hawwy Weasner had no wespect for either. I feel sowwy for Wod.

Huntington Station, NY

#14 Jan 26, 2009
dgshiner wrote:
Impeach Behar and also let him do a lil jail time too!
I bet he will come to his senses, then will try and commit suicide when he realizes how SENSELESS he was.
This govenor as well as this show must GO!
Oh jeez, please tell me you're kidding. Or maybe you got the syntax of what you wanted to say wrong. I almost choked on my coffee...'impeach' Behar? Can they do that? lol.

;-)

Florida...home of Trump

#15 Jan 26, 2009
Cogency wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh jeez, please tell me you're kidding. Or maybe you got the syntax of what you wanted to say wrong. I almost choked on my coffee...'impeach' Behar? Can they do that? lol.
;-)
don't know if 'impeach' fits here; if you bring her to trial, all she can do is bark twice for 'Yes' and once for 'No'

Huntington Station, NY

#16 Jan 26, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
don't know if 'impeach' fits here; if you bring her to trial, all she can do is bark twice for 'Yes' and once for 'No'
Ha...Yeah, that she can.

;-)
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Titan wrote:
<quoted text>

The uttery stupidity of the gals on the view is scary.
I think you meant to say the "udder" stupidity....
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#18 Jan 26, 2009
apocalypse soon wrote:
<quoted text>
The wadies are only diswespectful due to "The View" pwoducer Ba Ba Wa Wa, whom Hawwy Weasner had no wespect for either. I feel sowwy for Wod.
You are Barney Frank, posting under a pseudonym, right? I know that voice.
apocalypse soon

Hillside, NJ

#19 Jan 26, 2009
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Barney Frank, posting under a pseudonym, right? I know that voice.
Actually, I'm Dick Armey. But if there was a "dick army" Barney Frank would be the first to enlist.
apocalypse soon

Hillside, NJ

#20 Jan 26, 2009
D'ick Armey. "d'ick army".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbara Walters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee wildfire benefit just latest philanth... Jan '17 mariemonroecounty 2
News Barbara Walters reveals who ruined The View Dec '16 A viewer 4
News ABC News' Sara Haines joins 'The View' (Aug '16) Oct '16 Ms Buty and Brains 3
Barbara to interview a murderer AGAIN.... (Oct '15) Oct '15 pitterpat 1
News Joy Behar Has Rejected an Offer to Return to Th... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Schnooki 3
News Joan Rivers Bleeped On 'The View': What Did She... (Feb '13) Sep '14 Whiny1 2
News 'Clinton Inc.' Author Dishes on Monica Lew... (Jul '14) Jul '14 burger Queen 3
More from around the web