Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows

Jun 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

About 8 million immigrants living unlawfully in the United States would initially gain legal status under sweeping legislation moving toward a vote in the Senate, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, adding the bill would push federal deficits lower in each of the next two decades.

Comments
61 - 80 of 142 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have 100 million illegals it would cost a HUGE amount of money to deport them and it would be a complete disaster for the economy as USA does not have 100 million unemployed.
The illegals don't pay taxes, they are not in the system so they are harder to be tracked so the more they are the more needed this immigration reform is. That would mean more money from taxes, more people buying house, cars, etc, more people opening up businesses and other things that would boost the economy. The CBO score showed that but also it is plain common sense.
One thing to mention though : in every country on this planet if you go and ask a native he or she would tell you that immigrants are not welcomed. It's the survival instinct but that won't stop migrations from happening.
That report also said amnesty would reduce wages and increase unemployment.Your view on migration is funny as hell.If Mexico can stop mass migration from central and South America then we can easily stop illegal immigration from Mexico.Your assumption that my country would some how collapse without illegal aliens is insulting,as if we were starving before they slithered across the border.The ony thing we need in this country is a guest worker program and enforcement of current laws

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have 100 million illegals it would cost a HUGE amount of money to deport them and it would be a complete disaster for the economy as USA does not have 100 million unemployed.
The illegals don't pay taxes, they are not in the system so they are harder to be tracked so the more they are the more needed this immigration reform is. That would mean more money from taxes, more people buying house, cars, etc, more people opening up businesses and other things that would boost the economy. The CBO score showed that but also it is plain common sense.
One thing to mention though : in every country on this planet if you go and ask a native he or she would tell you that immigrants are not welcomed. It's the survival instinct but that won't stop migrations from happening.
bullets will stop "any" migration or INVASION whether it be human or animal.

ANY INVASION.

we stopped the nazis in world war 2. the MUSLIMS in world war 1. the MEXICANS in the mexican american war.

this will no different.

if you enter our sovereign without our permission, there will be hell to deal with. mark my words, pilgrim.
Oh My

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Jun 22, 2013
 
8 million? What a load of k r a p!
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

To say this amnesty would cut our deficit is like saying losing your job wuld make you wealthier. Neither makes sense.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Jun 22, 2013
 
spud wrote:
To say this amnesty would cut our deficit is like saying losing your job wuld make you wealthier. Neither makes sense.
Too funny !

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> That report also said amnesty would reduce wages and increase unemployment.Your view on migration is funny as hell.If Mexico can stop mass migration from central and South America then we can easily stop illegal immigration from Mexico.Your assumption that my country would some how collapse without illegal aliens is insulting,as if we were starving before they slithered across the border.The ony thing we need in this country is a guest worker program and enforcement of current laws
Yes, that report said wages will drop 0.1% but they also added the wages of the new documented workers which are the lowest. So actually the wages of the Americans will go up.

No, I did not say that your were starving before these people came here. But you need to understand that they are already here and they are part of the US economy. That's something is impossible for you to understand.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Jun 23, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
bullets will stop "any" migration or INVASION whether it be human or animal.
ANY INVASION.
we stopped the nazis in world war 2. the MUSLIMS in world war 1. the MEXICANS in the mexican american war.
this will no different.
if you enter our sovereign without our permission, there will be hell to deal with. mark my words, pilgrim.
Paranoia !!!

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

spud wrote:
To say this amnesty would cut our deficit is like saying losing your job wuld make you wealthier. Neither makes sense.
You comparison has no logic. Or maybe it has if you have a brain of a squirrel.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Jun 23, 2013
 
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia !!!
listen to the voices of la raza.. listen to evil.. listen to the truth..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Austinite

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anopother BS study. Even if 8 million illegal aliens started to legally work and pay payroll taxes most would still be in lower wage jobs. This would likely give them tax refunds from the IRS and they may also be able to collect welfare for themselves instead of just their American born children.
8 million illegal aliens would imemdiately be able to bring any family over here and they too would be able to either, work, collect tax refunds, welfare, and so on.
Illegal aliens would still come over anyways to birth a Jackpot Baby and collect welfare off the baby so unless they change the birthright citizenship, or actually enforce it properly then this will to stop.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
listen to the voices of la raza.. listen to evil.. listen to the truth..
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't even know what La Raza is but probably it is a extremist organization and I would definitely not agree with it.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Austinite wrote:
Anopother BS study. Even if 8 million illegal aliens started to legally work and pay payroll taxes most would still be in lower wage jobs. This would likely give them tax refunds from the IRS and they may also be able to collect welfare for themselves instead of just their American born children.
8 million illegal aliens would imemdiately be able to bring any family over here and they too would be able to either, work, collect tax refunds, welfare, and so on.
Illegal aliens would still come over anyways to birth a Jackpot Baby and collect welfare off the baby so unless they change the birthright citizenship, or actually enforce it properly then this will to stop.
Apparently you didn't know much about this new bill since you are saying that they will start collecting welfare.
Hector

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jun 23, 2013
 
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what La Raza is but probably it is a extremist organization and I would definitely not agree with it.
It is and you would not. This is from a hispanic even but not one of those dumb ones.
Austinite

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you didn't know much about this new bill since you are saying that they will start collecting welfare.
I know plenty, it yourself who seem to be lacking. Their jackpot babies would continue giving them welfare, the family they bring in through chain immigration once the illegal is made legal will immediately be allowed to collect welfare and so on.
The three to four million illegals Reagan talked of giving amnesty to turned out to be eight million so these 11 million claimed today are more likely 20 million or more.
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that report said wages will drop 0.1% but they also added the wages of the new documented workers which are the lowest. So actually the wages of the Americans will go up.
No, I did not say that your were starving before these people came here. But you need to understand that they are already here and they are part of the US economy. That's something is impossible for you to understand.
The report clearly said it will reduce wages and increase unemployment,what part didn't you understand.I don't care if they're already here.we've got 24 million unemployed Americans who would do the jobs for a decent wage.it's more than possible to get illegal aliens out,other countries do it with ease

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jun 23, 2013
 
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> The report clearly said it will reduce wages and increase unemployment,what part didn't you understand.I don't care if they're already here.we've got 24 million unemployed Americans who would do the jobs for a decent wage.it's more than possible to get illegal aliens out,other countries do it with ease
http://www.seiu.org/assets_c/2013/06/EconOfIm...

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Austinite wrote:
<quoted text>
I know plenty, it yourself who seem to be lacking. Their jackpot babies would continue giving them welfare, the family they bring in through chain immigration once the illegal is made legal will immediately be allowed to collect welfare and so on.
The three to four million illegals Reagan talked of giving amnesty to turned out to be eight million so these 11 million claimed today are more likely 20 million or more.
http://www.seiu.org/assets_c/2013/06/EconOfIm...
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
That's not even worth considering amnesty.I take that report as seriously as people like you took the heritage report seriously and it sure looks like the house agrees with me
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what La Raza is but probably it is a extremist organization and I would definitely not agree with it.
La Raza is an advocacy group for Hispanics. It is similar to the Sons of Italy, the Hibernians or the similar groups that every other nationality has in the US. They are in no way extremist. This can be confirmed just by looking at their website. They have simply been made into a bogeyman by the clowns on these boards.

You know how it is. If somebody has no response to your post they call you an anchor baby or La Raza member. As a rule of thumb any time somebody mentions La Raza you can be sure they are a dope.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> That's not even worth considering amnesty.I take that report as seriously as people like you took the heritage report seriously and it sure looks like the house agrees with me
I don't need to see any report to realize this bill would have a positive impact to US economy and society. To me it's just common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••