Poll: Many say let illegal immigrants stay in US

Jan 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAUZ

A shooting on a Texas community college campus wounded three people Tuesday and sent students fleeing for safety as officials placed the campus on lockdown, officials said.

Comments
1 - 20 of 239 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Alex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

7

4

2

This is untrue.We want them deported.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

7

5

3

Alex wrote:
This is untrue.We want them deported.
Speak for yourself, you don't speak for me.

If they come here as kids and graduate and work, I say let them stay. I wouldn't give them special in-state tuition rates, but if they pay for it or get scholarships and graduate, they should be allowed to stay and work and eventually become citizens. Heck, I say let any college grad stay- we don't help the USA by deporting smart people.

If they serve in the military, let them stay and eventually work toward citizenship.
Alex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, you don't speak for me.
If they come here as kids and graduate and work, I say let them stay. I wouldn't give them special in-state tuition rates, but if they pay for it or get scholarships and graduate, they should be allowed to stay and work and eventually become citizens. Heck, I say let any college grad stay- we don't help the USA by deporting smart people.
If they serve in the military, let them stay and eventually work toward citizenship.
You pay for them SukA

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Hell no! Make them leave right alone with all the anchors they had here, leave they will not be missed, adios!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

8

5

5

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, you don't speak for me.
If they come here as kids and graduate and work, I say let them stay. I wouldn't give them special in-state tuition rates, but if they pay for it or get scholarships and graduate, they should be allowed to stay and work and eventually become citizens. Heck, I say let any college grad stay- we don't help the USA by deporting smart people.
If they serve in the military, let them stay and eventually work toward citizenship.
I'am a democrat and say, deport them all. They are not US citizens, can't make it any plainer than that. They are citizens of another country and are here without any legal status. They have a country.

BTW, illegal aliens can not join the military unless they do it through fraud.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'am a democrat and say, deport them all. They are not US citizens, can't make it any plainer than that. They are citizens of another country and are here without any legal status. They have a country.
BTW, illegal aliens can not join the military unless they do it through fraud.
illegal alien in our military,sounds like fraud to me.

these fake polls seem to think if they say it enough someone will fall for it.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Texas community college poll? ha ha ha.. they are kidding aren't they. The illegals are the employee's working in the Community Colleges in the Country in food service and landscaping. Half the employee's and student's at Utah's Community College are Mexicans. They probably polled their anchor's who get in State tuition and grant's up the yin-yang... Ha ha ha... these poll's are a joke and don't matter to legal Americans

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, illegal aliens can not join the military unless they do it through fraud.
Maybe not, but it happens- and illegals have been in the US military for decades, including some who have been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. In fact, I served with an officer who was an "illegal" and didn't even know it until he was serving in the Army (largely due to an administrative screw up)- he later got his citizenship and is currently a full colonel in the US Army.

Just a couple of years ago there was the case of a Marine who came to the USA as an illegal and later got his green card and joined the Marines. Had bigots like yourself had their way, this guy would have been "sent back" and a bunch of his fellow Marines would have died because Sergeant Rafael Peralta wasn't there to save their lives.

http://militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awa...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not, but it happens- and illegals have been in the US military for decades, including some who have been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. In fact, I served with an officer who was an "illegal" and didn't even know it until he was serving in the Army (largely due to an administrative screw up)- he later got his citizenship and is currently a full colonel in the US Army.
Just a couple of years ago there was the case of a Marine who came to the USA as an illegal and later got his green card and joined the Marines. Had bigots like yourself had their way, this guy would have been "sent back" and a bunch of his fellow Marines would have died because Sergeant Rafael Peralta wasn't there to save their lives.
http://militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awa...
You idiot.

He may have come here as an illegal, but wasn't one when he enlisted. Didn't the fact that he enlisted AFTER getting a green card give you a clue?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot.
He may have come here as an illegal, but wasn't one when he enlisted. Didn't the fact that he enlisted AFTER getting a green card give you a clue?
Genius, I said all that in my post. Which of the words was too long for you to read/comprehend?

Peralta was an illegal when he came here, but not when he enlisted (as I clearly stated). However, other illegals have served. I served with one. And at least 2 have been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Learn to use Google and you can figure out some of this for yourself. Here's a Wall Street Journal article that discusses several "illegals" who served in the military during Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274...
Frito Bandito

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>just ask Frito? He's such a fun guy and has the answer to everything about how illegals are good for the economy.
Yep. I'll bet you've been eating carne asada tacos for breakfast? Watch out for the gas. Don't light a cigarette or play with matches.... kaboom!
Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>you do realize how much of a vagina I am for not showing up?I'm so scared of you Frito? Please don't beat me up at the schoolyard.
OK, I'll let you slide this time, but no funny stuff, otherwise I'll have to really clonk you over the head with my baton.
Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>I am lame, Frito! Sorry....
Don't worry, it's not your fault that you ate paint chips as a kid and grew up being stupid.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Many also say that they should be removed...it doesn't matter, because this administration doesn't care what we the people want. He listens to the puppetmaster who is pulling the strings.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

teddyr4me wrote:
Many also say that they should be removed...it doesn't matter, because this administration doesn't care what we the people want. He listens to the puppetmaster who is pulling the strings.
Hillary?
USA

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

1

This poll doesn't speak for the American people. The majority of USA citizens do no support illegal immigration and that is a fact. Americans are fed up with the inaction of the government and the way the government caters to illegals. It is time to put a stop to this illegal immigration.
NO AMNESTY AND NO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!!!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

3

USA wrote:
This poll doesn't speak for the American people.
Nor do you.

At least they have some backing for their statement.

I don't think most Americans would favor a blanket amnesty, but I do think most would favor allowing those just come here to work hard and keep their noses clean to stay and eventually become citizens. It's just a matter of working out the details.

Americans such as yourself who hate Mexicans for whatever reason won't agree, of course. But unlike you, most Americans don't hate Mexican workers.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do you.
At least they have some backing for their statement.
I don't think most Americans would favor a blanket amnesty, but I do think most would favor allowing those just come here to work hard and keep their noses clean to stay and eventually become citizens. It's just a matter of working out the details.
Americans such as yourself who hate Mexicans for whatever reason won't agree, of course. But unlike you, most Americans don't hate Mexican workers.
What do YOU think should be those details?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>What do YOU think should be those details?
A number of years ago, President Bush briefly talked about a plan to allow Mexican workers to come here and work legally under an expanded work permit program.

He didn't really push it, and it didn't go very far, but something along those lines would be far more rational than what we have now.

Of course, in order to work, the program would have to work simply and efficiently- not be some bureaucratic goat screw- because if it didn't work well, both workers and employers wouldn't use it.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
A number of years ago, President Bush briefly talked about a plan to allow Mexican workers to come here and work legally under an expanded work permit program.
He didn't really push it, and it didn't go very far, but something along those lines would be far more rational than what we have now.
Of course, in order to work, the program would have to work simply and efficiently- not be some bureaucratic goat screw- because if it didn't work well, both workers and employers wouldn't use it.
Let's face it, anything the government does is going to be a royal goat screw.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••