Support grows for U.S. "drone court" ...

Support grows for U.S. "drone court" to review lethal strikes

There are 65 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 9, 2013, titled Support grows for U.S. "drone court" to review lethal strikes. In it, Reuters reports that:

During a fresh round of debate this week over President Barack Obama's claim that he can unilaterally order lethal strikes by unmanned aircraft against U.S. citizens, some lawmakers proposed a middle ground: a special federal "drone court" that would approve suspected militants for targeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
For once i agree with you.
how is it different from our B-1 bomber attacks on the mountain tops of Afghanistan where we knew terrorists were hanging out?
Voluntarist

United States

#23 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is it different from our B-1 bomber attacks on the mountain tops of Afghanistan where we knew terrorists were hanging out?
US soil, us citizens, faulty intelligence, hitting political opponents, collateral damage.
Need you ask?

Violation of due process?
Voluntarist

United States

#24 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is it different from our B-1 bomber attacks on the mountain tops of Afghanistan where we knew terrorists were hanging out?
Please dont include me in your insanity, our and we, i dont own a b1 and i dont know any terrorists besides the ones in government that are hell bent on taking everyones rights.

St. Croix valley

#25 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
US soil, us citizens, faulty intelligence, hitting political opponents, collateral damage.
Need you ask?
Violation of due process?
when has that happened?

Yes, as a US citizen, it was your bomber doing that. again, how is that different/ congress suthorized the military to go after the Taliban and Alqueada and groups that affiliate with them.

perhaps you forgot that...
Voluntarist

United States

#26 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when has that happened?
Yes, as a US citizen, it was your bomber doing that. again, how is that different/ congress suthorized the military to go after the Taliban and Alqueada and groups that affiliate with them.
perhaps you forgot that...
Again i didnt bomb anything thats not logical.

People on us soil are afforded due process, that is the difference
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#27 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please dont include me in your insanity, our and we, i dont own a b1 and i dont know any terrorists besides the ones in government that are hell bent on taking everyones rights.
Not a peep from most republicans when the Bush administration created, passed and signed the Patriot Act into law but it's Obama taking all your rights away?

Poor teabagger.
Voluntarist

United States

#28 Feb 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a peep from most republicans when the Bush administration created, passed and signed the Patriot Act into law but it's Obama taking all your rights away?
Poor teabagger.
I never supported bush and that act was written before 9/11
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#29 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again i didnt bomb anything thats not logical.
People on us soil are afforded due process, that is the difference
See above "Patriot Act".

St. Croix valley

#30 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Poor teabagger.
yes, by the restrictions placed on this program, it cannot be used in the US, but our gov't spying on you is just fine if Bush did it...
Voluntarist

United States

#31 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, by the restrictions placed on this program, it cannot be used in the US, but our gov't spying on you is just fine if Bush did it...
If i rob a bank and hand you the combination numbers and you go back and take money for yourself, are you just as guilty as me?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#32 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never supported bush and that act was written before 9/11
Some provisions were created under FISA,Reagan and the 1996 anti-terrorism act.

9/11 just gave the opportunity to put all these provisions in one bill.

October 26 2001 was when it was signed into law so I don't believe they could put a bill that broad and specific in 5 weeks.

Reagadless the "act" was "created during the Bush administration.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#33 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, by the restrictions placed on this program, it cannot be used in the US, but our gov't spying on you is just fine if Bush did it...
Sad to say but it sure is being used in the U.S.
Voluntarist

United States

#34 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Some provisions were created under FISA,Reagan and the 1996 anti-terrorism act.
9/11 just gave the opportunity to put all these provisions in one bill.
October 26 2001 was when it was signed into law so I don't believe they could put a bill that broad and specific in 5 weeks.
Reagadless the "act" was "created during the Bush administration.
And obama continued the ndaa
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#35 Feb 9, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And obama continued the ndaa
The NDAA was created and signed by Ronald Reagan in 1987.
your own

Rochester, MN

#37 Feb 9, 2013
Please note American's "Al Qaeda hasn't been decimated"

This Obama is a giant LIAR!!!

St. Croix valley

#38 Feb 9, 2013
your own wrote:
Please note American's "Al Qaeda hasn't been decimated"
This Obama is a giant LIAR!!!
he said their leadership was decimated...it was. actually more than that...

St. Croix valley

#39 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad to say but it sure is being used in the U.S.
killing US citizens with drones? no, no it isn't....

sorry charlie...
Drink the hivE

New York, NY

#40 Feb 9, 2013
He Who Look' Outside Dreams - He Who Look' Inside Awakens...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/02/obama-drone-...

“VOTE CRUZ 2016!! - JOIN”

Since: Mar 09

THE CONSERVATIVE REVOLUTION!!

#41 Feb 9, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Maybe I’m missing something but if the last guy to occupy the White House had the worst terrorist attack on American soil happen on his watch and then drain the treasury of billions as he implemented a failed strategy in Afghanistan, and then lied this nation into a war in Iraq with another failed strategy…
And then now we have a brilliant President who change all those failed policies and strategies and there hasn’t been a single successful terrorist attack on American soil… Osama bin Laden is dead and Al Qaeda has been decimated, why is there anyone even questioning this President?
‘We the People’ just a few months ago landslided him for another 4 years with a mandate that says we agree with everything that he has done over the previous 4 years… so please, proceed.
So you wont have a problem when a Republican President kills any American citizen without due process who he deems a "terrorist" then?
your own

Rochester, MN

#42 Feb 9, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wont have a problem when a Republican President kills any American citizen without due process who he deems a "terrorist" then?
Marine Corp Pat , Barefoot2626 are the same person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 213,269
News Paris climate deal on track for early start 6 min Earthling-1 327
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Homer the Indepen... 1,375,561
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Denny CranesPlace 381,709
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 20 min Denny CranesPlace 74
News No wedding for Bristol Palin (May '15) 38 min Three Days 47
News President Obama to Travel to Flint, Michigan 1 hr CZars_R_US 6
More from around the web