Support grows for U.S. "drone court" to review lethal strikes

Feb 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

During a fresh round of debate this week over President Barack Obama's claim that he can unilaterally order lethal strikes by unmanned aircraft against U.S. citizens, some lawmakers proposed a middle ground: a special federal "drone court" that would approve suspected militants for targeting.

Comments
1 - 20 of 65 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Maybe I’m missing something but if the last guy to occupy the White House had the worst terrorist attack on American soil happen on his watch and then drain the treasury of billions as he implemented a failed strategy in Afghanistan, and then lied this nation into a war in Iraq with another failed strategy…
And then now we have a brilliant President who change all those failed policies and strategies and there hasn’t been a single successful terrorist attack on American soil… Osama bin Laden is dead and Al Qaeda has been decimated, why is there anyone even questioning this President?
‘We the People’ just a few months ago landslided him for another 4 years with a mandate that says we agree with everything that he has done over the previous 4 years… so please, proceed.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Benghazi? Obamaloney is too stupid to have that kind of power. He's nuts.

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2013
The liberals were so worried about the rights of terrorists who were captured and now have no problem assassinating US citizens on the spot.
Conditional of Secrecy

Turku, Finland

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Conditional of Secrecy blogger reports for public awareness;

Another unreported terrorist attacks on democratic American in the middle of sea.

&li st=UUsP3Clx2qtH2mNZ6KolVoZQ &index=11

The terrorists hate America for being democratic !

This post was repeated for asserting the truth.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Obama was successful at killing Americans in Benghazi. He must like the blood lust he got out of Benghazi and his hate for Americans must run very deep. He will kill them where he can get away with it every time.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Compromising on the killing of American citizens by drones? Compromising on whether it's OK to take out civilians who may or may not be "terrorists" or combatants of any kind?

No thanks. The President should not have this power, period. Drone strikes are evil.

#8 Feb 9, 2013
Nutman wrote:
Obama was successful at killing Americans in Benghazi. He must like the blood lust he got out of Benghazi and his hate for Americans must run very deep. He will kill them where he can get away with it every time.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before a NUTJOB like you claimed that Obama, rather than Muslim terrorists, killed those Americans in Benghazi.

Suffice to say that you're a liar AND a traitor. Shoot yourself.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Grogan wrote:
The liberals were so worried about the rights of terrorists who were captured and now have no problem assassinating US citizens on the spot.
I agree, and with Obama in office and as many LIES as he has told I do not trust him or his methods.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 9, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Maybe I’m missing something but if the last guy to occupy the White House had the worst terrorist attack on American soil happen on his watch and then drain the treasury of billions as he implemented a failed strategy in Afghanistan, and then lied this nation into a war in Iraq with another failed strategy…
And then now we have a brilliant President who change all those failed policies and strategies and there hasn’t been a single successful terrorist attack on American soil… Osama bin Laden is dead and Al Qaeda has been decimated, why is there anyone even questioning this President?
‘We the People’ just a few months ago landslided him for another 4 years with a mandate that says we agree with everything that he has done over the previous 4 years… so please, proceed.
yes and the horse shit you put out is fudge. Keep on sucking pookie.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it was only a matter of time before a NUTJOB like you claimed that Obama, rather than Muslim terrorists, killed those Americans in Benghazi.
Suffice to say that you're a liar AND a traitor. Shoot yourself.
Yes, by going to bed he left them for dead. Your tainted brain can't see past the candy bag.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 9, 2013
Grogan wrote:
Why do you think Obama is stockpilling ammunition. He will keep pushing till the walls break. He knows most the government people will side with him for protection.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
AUbama cry-a-thon: Day 95.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 9, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
AUbama cry-a-thon: Day 95.
You are really struggling to be relevent. T'ain't working pookie.

#15 Feb 9, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, by going to bed he left them for dead. Your tainted brain can't see past the candy bag.
You're a liar.

#16 Feb 9, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think Obama is stockpilling ammunition. He will keep pushing till the walls break. He knows most the government people will side with him for protection.
"Obama is stockpiling ammunition?"

You're a liar.

#17 Feb 9, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You are really struggling to be relevent. T'ain't working pookie.
You've never struggled to be relevant.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#18 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama is stockpiling ammunition?"
You're a liar.
i think whackjob, is the more correct term for a statement like that...

#19 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i think whackjob, is the more correct term for a statement like that...
He is also that.:)
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Feb 9, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
pookie = dumboism. There's that tell again.

hahahahahahaha

AUfail-a-thon: Day 95
Voluntarist

United States

#21 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Compromising on the killing of American citizens by drones? Compromising on whether it's OK to take out civilians who may or may not be "terrorists" or combatants of any kind?
No thanks. The President should not have this power, period. Drone strikes are evil.
For once i agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min PDUPONT 1,100,993
Obamas attend wedding of their longtime chef 10 min squeezers 7
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Coffee Party 256,648
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 23 min Ethan Allen 121
Libyan armed faction takes over U.S. Embassy an... 47 min Marine Corp Pat 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,467
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,317
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••