Romney's Son Campaigns in Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

New poll numbers show Mitt Romney narrowly edging out President Barack Obama in the commonwealth. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TIP

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Did any of his son join the army or anything.
god-fearer

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 11, 2012
PERHAPS

this Romney son who - like all the others - actively avoided military service would explain all the Romney avoid service?

Dad Romney actively avoided service - time and time and time again with excuses - and ultimately escaped from service by going to live in France.

What family philosophy keeps the Romney family from serving? And, yet they grow filthy rich on freedoms preserved by other fathers and sons, mothers and daughters.

Isn't that something most Virginians would regard as shameful?

And, certainly DIS-qualifying from being Commander in Chief?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 11, 2012
The rich and entitled have always avoided military service, nothing new here. Clinton did the same thing but went to England instead. Bush2 did join the air national guard but never showed up. The rich live in a different world.
Oh really

Rocky Mount, VA

#4 Oct 11, 2012
So if you don't choose to go into the military you're not fit to be Commander-in-Chief? I'm just trying to figure out what your argument is. I'm assuming you're an intelligent individual, and certainly are not basing your argument on hearsay as opposed to fact. I'm pro military and we have quite a few servicemen in our family, but we don't attack people who make different choices. Your current president, however, was not in the military and you seem to have no problem with that, and look at what a smashing job he has done in the foreign policy department.
Oh really

Rocky Mount, VA

#5 Oct 11, 2012
TIP wrote:
Did any of his son join the army or anything.
Yes, I hear his right arm and left leg both joined. I'll let you think about that.
Heather

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Tagg's visit to Cville shows how desperate Mitt is in wanting to win this election. He is pulling out all the stops. I also don't believe that Tagg made his wealth without the help of his father.
Kitty Cat

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 12, 2012
All of you are HATERS!!!!!!! Just wait until after the election!!!! ROMNEY is going to WIN!!!! how you like that??????????
Nice Name

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 12, 2012
Did Palin name him or is that a republican thing?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Oct 12, 2012
Heather wrote:
I also don't believe that Tagg made his wealth without the help of his father.
yep, pulled himself up by his bootstraps, harvard, byu, belmont hs

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/fenway-ke...

"In 2008, soon after Romney ended his first bid for the presidency, his eldest son Tagg and his chief fundraiser, Spencer Zwick, formed Solamere Capital, a private equity firm named after the exclusive community in Utah where Romney owned a vacation ski lodge.

What Tagg lacked in experience in the world of high finance, he made up for with a vast network of political connections forged through his father, who seeded the firm with $10 million and was the featured speaker at its first investor conference in January of 2010. Romney also reportedly gave strategic advice to the company, which secured prominent campaign donors as some of its first investors."

http://www.thenation.com/article/170470/tagg-... #

He also found compassion (and nimbyism) all on his own
"Romney said he would have never built his home on Greensbrook Way had he known about the potential for construction of a hospice facility."

http://www.wickedlocal.com/belmont/news/x1260...
god-fearer

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Oh really wrote:
So if you don't choose to go into the military you're not fit to be Commander-in-Chief? I'm just trying to figure out what your argument is. I'm assuming you're an intelligent individual, and certainly are not basing your argument on hearsay as opposed to fact. I'm pro military and we have quite a few servicemen in our family, but we don't attack people who make different choices. Your current president, however, was not in the military and you seem to have no problem with that, and look at what a smashing job he has done in the foreign policy department.
IF you actively avoided service and it is clear that everyone in your family lineage has actively avoided services : UNFIT to be Commander in Chief. Fit to do other things, sure. BUT UN-FIT to send other people's children, mothers, fathers into war. Please name one person in Romney's first degree lineage - father, mother or children - who have served?
god-fearer

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 12, 2012
thinking free wrote:
The rich and entitled have always avoided military service, nothing new here. Clinton did the same thing but went to England instead. Bush2 did join the air national guard but never showed up. The rich live in a different world.
DUDE, you've just made the most desperate, faithless claim: that Americans have to rely on the filthy rich for their security and independence!

America DOES NOT need the filthy rich to be a secure and independent nation! True patriots refuse to believe such a faithful thing!
Virginia gal

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Oct 12, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
PERHAPS
this Romney son who - like all the others - actively avoided military service would explain all the Romney avoid service?
Dad Romney actively avoided service - time and time and time again with excuses - and ultimately escaped from service by going to live in France.
What family philosophy keeps the Romney family from serving? And, yet they grow filthy rich on freedoms preserved by other fathers and sons, mothers and daughters.
Isn't that something most Virginians would regard as shameful?
And, certainly DIS-qualifying from being Commander in Chief?
Clinton, Gore, Obama all did not serve. Did you say anything about that?
itso

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Oct 12, 2012
TIP wrote:
Did any of his son join the army or anything.
Who cares!
jogger

Brookneal, VA

#14 Oct 12, 2012
American by birth, christian by choice... obumbules cannot say either of these things....
Concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Oct 12, 2012
Just wait until electionday 2012 (you bunch of lefties) when we can say to Oblamer and your drunk uncle joe..........HERE IT COMES ......wait for it .........wait for it........YOURRRRRR FIIIIRRED take your trash with you.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Oct 12, 2012
That "moderator" could not have been any more biased if she'd come dressed in head to toe blue and tattooed LEFT across her ugly, angular forehead! Let that giggling fool interrupt, and she herself interrupted Ryan or cut him off completely. She was dreadful.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Oct 12, 2012
Gru wrote:
That "moderator" could not have been any more biased if she'd come dressed in head to toe blue and tattooed LEFT across her ugly, angular forehead! Let that giggling fool interrupt, and she herself interrupted Ryan or cut him off completely. She was dreadful.
OTOH, a moderator like say, Hannity or O'Reilly would encourage him wander off into Mr Romney's Neighborhood blabbering unrealistic vague talking points unsubstantiated with specifics.
Ya think

Rocky Mount, VA

#18 Oct 12, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you actively avoided service and it is clear that everyone in your family lineage has actively avoided services : UNFIT to be Commander in Chief. Fit to do other things, sure. BUT UN-FIT to send other people's children, mothers, fathers into war. Please name one person in Romney's first degree lineage - father, mother or children - who have served?
Does being a "community organizer" count?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Oct 12, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE, you've just made the most desperate, faithless claim: that Americans have to rely on the filthy rich for their security and independence!
America DOES NOT need the filthy rich to be a secure and independent nation! True patriots refuse to believe such a faithful thing!
Crikie, are you deluded. The leadership has always been in the hands of the aristocracy. You think the founding fathers were broke(TJ was when he died). Do you really think that those aspiring for political office do so to be poor? Why do you think congress is so corrupt? History shows us that ALL wars have been fought by the underclass, most often initiated by old fat white guys. We don't depend on the rich to rule, they depend on us to be perpetually dumb by electing them.
Peace

Waynesboro, VA

#20 Oct 12, 2012
Gru wrote:
That "moderator" could not have been any more biased if she'd come dressed in head to toe blue and tattooed LEFT across her ugly, angular forehead! Let that giggling fool interrupt, and she herself interrupted Ryan or cut him off completely. She was dreadful.
So, because you don't like what she did, you resort to calling her ugly? Your true colors are showing and they're not pretty. Criticism of what she did does not need to include personal attacks on her looks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,035
Opinion Line 1 hr Tory II 38
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr - Lady Liberty - 262,127
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,109,989
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr fubar 22,579
Obama pledges to fight war on Ebola 3 hr kuda 10
UK party leaders promise Scotland new powers 3 hr woodtick57 17
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••