World leaders react to death of Marga...

World leaders react to death of Margaret Thatcher

There are 269 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 8, 2013, titled World leaders react to death of Margaret Thatcher. In it, CBS News reports that:

Prime Minister David Cameron expressed sadness at the death of Lady Margaret Thatcher, saying, "We've lost a great leader, a great Prime Minister and a great Briton," while her political foes attacked the former prime minister for policies which, they said, "caused great suffering." The Conservative former prime minister, who died Monday of a ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#213 Apr 9, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> In 1980, Reagan was the superior candidate in hard times. In 2012, Romney was the superior candidate in harder times. We are now screwed. An inflexible inner city marxist that has mastered the art of pitting one person against another has the reigns. As times get wors eand worse in real terms, wait until it spreads to the things you like. And it has already but you keep sweeping the dirt under the rug for selfish reasons.
It took Hitler four years also to go from prison to leader.
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

#214 Apr 9, 2013
Spocko wrote:
Not only have the NRA's tactics cowed politicians and beaten back substantive national gun-control efforts, they've actually support moves to make guns easier to get. Shameless GOPers in Washington have signed on to Kentucky’s egomaniacal Rand Paul's call to filibuster any gun-control measure. Even though more than 3,000 Americans have died by gun violence since the 20 children murdered at Sandy Hook, the NRA has somehow managed to turn it into a mockery – the victims' families and gun-control advocates have lost. Forget any assault weapons ban — or any other serious gun regulation for that matter!
Why would I want to ban guns, I like guns, I'm an avid target shooter. I want to register guns, just like we register automobiles, now why would anyone object to that since it would take most guns out of the criminal’s hands? The current system prevented 1.7 million gun purchases in the past ten years, that’s a lot of guns. Those rejected buyers had plenty other options because many gun sales don't require a background check. Licensed gun dealers already have to keep records of their gun sales when they conduct a background check, which makes the opposition to the for a registry particularly absurd. As the law stands now the police are not allowed to create a database of guns using data from these records. For the sake of future gun victims, lawmakers should ignore the intense lobbying by the NRA thugs and pass a background-check bill with a very strong requirement for keeping records.
Joy Division

Reading, UK

#215 Apr 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose all the pubs closing and the cod is scarce is also her fault. I should have known it was mooches that were whining due to the choices they made in life, and blaming others.
Well she was the British PM who made an arse of everything she touched including shitting on miners by diddling them out of a job and onto the dole,privatising any commodity in sight, she as a usual propped up the rich, gave them Generous tax breaks, snatched the milk from the bairns, sent soldiers to unecessary deaths.

...So it's only fair she should have had to face the music, but she got off scot free didn't she?...and yet you expect others to applaud her for that?

She as PM of this country took these awful decisions which ruined countless lives, many folk have a right to blame her....and it's not like the public had any say matters.

Thatcher squandered North Sea oil revenues , saw off the demise of the steel and coal industries and created mass poverty because of her actions.

I would say many have a right to blame her for that, she took these decisions and knew the consequences, as well as let schools and hospitals rot under her tenure.

For ruining so many lives I would say Thatcher got off extremely lightly.

Its Hellywood

“I'm better than you”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#216 Apr 9, 2013
Margaret Thatcher now has hell to look forward to. Horrible politician and even worse person.
Joy Division

Reading, UK

#217 Apr 9, 2013
Its Hellywood wrote:
Margaret Thatcher now has hell to look forward to. Horrible politician and even worse person.
Well not everyone will agree but I'm sure you have spoken the thoughts and experiences of a huge amount of people.
mag-thatcher

Arlington, VA

#218 Apr 9, 2013
Its Hellywood wrote:
That's
why she screwed the miners ,,,,to save all that coal for this day..
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#219 Apr 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Revisionist, you mean like Obama following Hitlers book Mein Kamfpt.
No, Le Dimbulb.

Like Obama misstating or making up facts about Hilters book Mein Kamf.

Following is what teabaggers do with FAUX, Limbaughtomy and Rannity.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#220 Apr 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It took Hitler four years also to go from prison to leader.
It should have only taken 4 years for Reagan and Bush, to go from "leaders" to prison, instead no information voters re elected them.

Poor teabaggers.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#221 Apr 10, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
It should have only taken 4 years for Reagan and Bush, to go from "leaders" to prison, instead no information voters re elected them.
Poor teabaggers.
Poor dumb leftist turd with a failed life. But at least we can all be thankful that in real life you are irrelevant.

Paris

#222 Apr 10, 2013
Joy Division wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she was the British PM who made an arse of everything she touched including shitting on miners by diddling them out of a job and onto the dole,privatising any commodity in sight, she as a usual propped up the rich, gave them Generous tax breaks, snatched the milk from the bairns, sent soldiers to unecessary deaths.
...So it's only fair she should have had to face the music, but she got off scot free didn't she?...and yet you expect others to applaud her for that?
She as PM of this country took these awful decisions which ruined countless lives, many folk have a right to blame her....and it's not like the public had any say matters.
Thatcher squandered North Sea oil revenues , saw off the demise of the steel and coal industries and created mass poverty because of her actions.
I would say many have a right to blame her for that, she took these decisions and knew the consequences, as well as let schools and hospitals rot under her tenure.
For ruining so many lives I would say Thatcher got off extremely lightly.
You must be John Major's cousin.

Paris

#223 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Poor teabaggers.
Golly for what, Name one thing they did that Obama hasn't done..........oh that's right fix the economy and provide jobs.

Paris

#224 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No, Le Dimbulb.
Like Obama misstating or making up facts about Hilters book Mein Kamf.
Following is what teabaggers do with FAUX, Limbaughtomy and Rannity.
Poor teabagger.
Sorry pookie, but Obama is using Hitlers book as a blueprint with a little Marx thrown in.
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#225 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Spood-fed, teadead wallow. Don't forget to swallow. Oops..you already did.
daccac

Pittsburgh, PA

#226 Apr 10, 2013
youtube.com/watch... … Thatcher not important to the USA

Paris

#227 Apr 10, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Spood-fed, teadead wallow. Don't forget to swallow. Oops..you already did.
Can you hear the baby's screams as they cut the spinal cord? You maggots are the new cannibals of the world.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#228 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> You maggots are the new cannibals of the world.
That is no way to talk about the gun gnutters mamas - the NRA/gun business! LOLL
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#229 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Want some kleenex?
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#230 Apr 10, 2013
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want to ban guns, I like guns, I'm an avid target shooter. I want to register guns, just like we register automobiles, now why would anyone object to that since it would take most guns out of the criminal’s hands? The current system prevented 1.7 million gun purchases in the past ten years, that’s a lot of guns. Those rejected buyers had plenty other options because many gun sales don't require a background check. Licensed gun dealers already have to keep records of their gun sales when they conduct a background check, which makes the opposition to the for a registry particularly absurd. As the law stands now the police are not allowed to create a database of guns using data from these records. For the sake of future gun victims, lawmakers should ignore the intense lobbying by the NRA thugs and pass a background-check bill with a very strong requirement for keeping records.
This sounds like common sense?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#231 Apr 10, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor dumb leftist turd with a failed life. But at least we can all be thankful that in real life you are irrelevant.
Poor Teabagger/Bachmann troll.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#232 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry pookie, but Obama is using Hitlers book as a blueprint with a little Marx thrown in.
Sorry Le DimBulb, even if he was, he is still not rewriting or changing Mien Kampf.

Does not qualify as revisionist.

Teabaggers trying to "revise" Reagan, Bachmann and Palin version of "history" and books, does.

Poor teabagger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 44 min Philosophic 132
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr spook food 230,970
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Brian_G 403,528
News Presidential commission urges better cybersecur... 1 hr Philosophic 6
News Tent jails, pink undies: Odd choices for New Ar... 2 hr TakeAmericaBack 6
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) 3 hr political smart 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,457,903
More from around the web