The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391235 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#155036 Jul 4, 2013
Hemp Flag to Fly Over Capitol on Fourth of July

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/07/...

Fireworks won’t be the only thing flying high over the Capitol during the Fourth of July celebration.

An American flag made of hemp, a non-psychoactive variant of marijuana, will be flown over the Capitol on July 4 for one day. Industrial hemp–which is considered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to be a Schedule I substance along with ecstasy and heroin–is a type of cannabis plant that cannot legally be grown in the U.S. but is legally imported and used in hundreds of products ranging from rope to clothing.

Advocates say the plant has been unfairly demonized by drug regulators, even though it actually contains very little THC, the psychoactive chemical in its cousin plant, marijuana.

Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo.–who authored an amendment to the Farm Bill which passed the House allowing industrial hemp research in states where it is legal–sponsored the hemp flag through the Capitol Flag Office, which allows members to request specific flags be flown over the Capitol building. This will be the first time in more than 80 years that a flag made from hemp will fly over the Capitol, according to The Atlantic.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#155037 Jul 4, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
So how the community butch doing these days? You still injecting testosterone to bulk up?
J/K!!
Have a happy 4th of july and don't go& shoot your propane tanks [to see the bang]. Just buy some sparklers... anything more and I'm be scared for the city of Boise!!
Yeah, and if you hear something howling, don't shoot it.. It's NOT a wolf. Your hind end probably just needs regreased. If you get close to a bar of soap..Don't drop it Rico..

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#155038 Jul 4, 2013
PRJester wrote:
Happy Independence Day to (almost) everyone.
I would exclude those who advocate for the overthrow of the American government; those who do not believe that the American spirit, American beliefs, and the will of the American people can get us through this current period in history.
I've been around for more than a quarter of this country's existence. As a nation, we've faced many challenges during my lifetime. Some were harder than others, but we have fared pretty well regarding most of those. Life in the U.S. today is much more dramatically affected by events in other parts of the world than it used to be. If the European economy (or a significant segment of that economy) hits the skids, America feels it. The same is true of the Asian markets. The world has changed in the last 237 years ... a LOT. That change will continue, and America will continue to meet the challenges that change will create. Blaming a President, ANY President, for everything that isn't perfect is asinine.
America has a right to exist.
Obama wants to take that right away. IMAO.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#155039 Jul 4, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your Cohorts need to take a serious look in the mirror and re-evaluate your negative outlook of America. You are not in the right state of mind. In other words Pull your head out!!!!!!
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-200556...
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#155040 Jul 4, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
North Carolina Democrat Says Republicans Should Be Feared
North Carolina Republicans have apparently decided to one-up Texas when it comes to ridiculous laws that seek to infringe on a woman’s right to choose what to do with her own body—by sneaking abortion provisions into an “anti-Sharia law” bill introduced to the state Senate.
Yes, in a state with a struggling economy, the worry that Sharia law might break out at any moment and engulf North Carolina is of utmost concern—if you’re paranoid, insane and delusional. Which many Republicans unfortunately have proven themselves to be.
But the real irony here is that Republicans are using their religious beliefs to define life and restrict abortions, while trying to prevent “Islamic religious law” that might possibly (and by “possibly” I mean not a chance in hell) impact our laws here in the United States.
Nothing quite like being fearful that Muslims might try to force their religious ideology on Americans, writing a bill to try to prevent it, and then using that same bill to try to force religious ideology on Americans.
read more @ http://www.forwardprogressives.com/north-caro...
Congratulations you have earned a red X.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#155041 Jul 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Obama and company want to archive and eventually delete the American dream.
Even worse - they want to archive and delete our Constitution. Obama is still merely a junior congressman of no repute - he takes his orders and his scripts from the CFR and the FED. The real ruler (read: dictator) of the USA is a Rockefeller, count on it.

The propaganda for the last few decades has been hot and heavy in favor of illegal foreign nationals (the destruction of USA national sovereignty), the destruction of religious moral values, the division of races in the US, the approval of welfare economics, the fostering of homogenizing the population, the fostering of approval for militant, anti-American religion (which is the fostering of stupidity), the fostering of hatred for our Constitution, the creation and sustainment of fear, and much, much more that will eventually destroy the USA.

All the while the public is busy fighting amongst itself, the fascists have been moving businesses overseas like chess pieces and globalizing their incomes and power. The USA is hampering fascist goals with our Constitution. Now, our destruction is their immediate goal to further their larger one, and they've been working on this for many decades. We are seeing the culmination of their subversive efforts today.

One can read the propaganda like a book and see the destructive intent of it. Propaganda worked well for Hitler and his minions, and it will work well here for current fascists because those who believe what the propaganda spews are not intelligent people and are people who want things without having to work for them or deserve them.

Rockefeller admits his and the CFR's subversion of our government, as do his CFR minions, but only to each other:

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries”
- David Rockefeller, Member CFR, in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991

“For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
- David Rockefeller, of Standard Oil, Chase Manhattan and the Council on Foreign Relations, from his Memoirs in 2002.

“The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down…but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault.”
- Richard Gardner, CFR member writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR’s journal, Foreign Affairs.

“The sovereignty fetish is still so strong in the public mind, that there would appear to be little chance of winning popular assent to American membership in anything approaching a super-state organization. Much will depend on the kind of approach which is used in further popular education.”
- 1944 Council on Foreign Relations Report
Vorenus

Los Angeles, CA

#155042 Jul 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>America has a right to exist.
Thx for your entry into the stupidest 4th of july statement,
Very stupid, probably the winning entry, but the day is still young and there'll be many more vying for that title.

Per entry rules, we have to allow all knuckleheads to submit their "stupid statements" before declaring a winner, please refrain from claiming victory, you know what happened last time you made a predicition........
Vorenus

Los Angeles, CA

#155043 Jul 4, 2013
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Even worse - they want to archive and delete our Constitution. Obama is still merely a junior congressman of no repute - he takes his orders and his scripts from the CFR and the FED. The real ruler (read: dictator) of the USA is a Rockefeller, count on it.
The propaganda for the last few decades has been hot and heavy in favor of illegal foreign nationals (the destruction of USA national sovereignty), the destruction of religious moral values, the division of races in the US, the approval of welfare economics, the fostering of homogenizing the population, the fostering of approval for militant, anti-American religion (which is the fostering of stupidity), the fostering of hatred for our Constitution, the creation and sustainment of fear, and much, much more that will eventually destroy the USA.
All the while the public is busy fighting amongst itself, the fascists have been moving businesses overseas like chess pieces and globalizing their incomes and power. The USA is hampering fascist goals with our Constitution. Now, our destruction is their immediate goal to further their larger one, and they've been working on this for many decades. We are seeing the culmination of their subversive efforts today.
One can read the propaganda like a book and see the destructive intent of it. Propaganda worked well for Hitler and his minions, and it will work well here for current fascists because those who believe what the propaganda spews are not intelligent people and are people who want things without having to work for them or deserve them.
Rockefeller admits his and the CFR's subversion of our government, as do his CFR minions, but only to each other:
“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries”
- David Rockefeller, Member CFR, in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991
“For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
- David Rockefeller, of Standard Oil, Chase Manhattan and the Council on Foreign Relations, from his Memoirs in 2002.
“The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down…but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault.”
- Richard Gardner, CFR member writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR’s journal, Foreign Affairs.
“The sovereignty fetish is still so strong in the public mind, that there would appear to be little chance of winning popular assent to American membership in anything approaching a super-state organization. Much will depend on the kind of approach which is used in further popular education.”
You are now the Front Runner.....
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155044 Jul 4, 2013
I'm sure the white woman will be held responsible somehow.

www.youtube.com/watch...

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#155045 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You are now the Front Runner....

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#155046 Jul 4, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now the Front Runner.....
Have a happy 4th of July!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#155047 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
........ One can read the propaganda like a book and see the destructive intent of it. Propaganda worked well for Hitler and his minions, and it will work well here for current fascists because those who believe what the propaganda spews are not intelligent people and are people who want things without having to work for them or deserve them......
In fact, they are those people who believe corrupt leaders who pander to their own enhanced level of income as being of greater benefit and value (investment income) than the labor of "workers". Somehow, this kind of income is perceived as entitling the unentitled to greater ROI which is NOT based on work, nor is it deserved.

Unfortunately, so many so-called "conservatives" here have it bassackward. They prefer to demonize the working poor and middle class contributors while championing and supporting the cause of the idle self-absorbed rich whom they appear to worship. It's disgusting.
Yuck

Albuquerque, NM

#155048 Jul 4, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and if you hear something howling, don't shoot it.. It's NOT a wolf. Your hind end probably just needs regreased. If you get close to a bar of soap..Don't drop it Rico..
What a classy broad. Not.

Did you learn your manners via The lady's school of trailer park etiiquette?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155049 Jul 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, they are those people who believe corrupt leaders who pander to their own enhanced level of income as being of greater benefit and value (investment income) than the labor of "workers". Somehow, this kind of income is perceived as entitling the unentitled to greater ROI which is NOT based on work, nor is it deserved.
Unfortunately, so many so-called "conservatives" here have it bassackward. They prefer to demonize the working poor and middle class contributors while championing and supporting the cause of the idle self-absorbed rich whom they appear to worship. It's disgusting.
I don't think it's just a conservative thing.

Santa Monica, CA -
(FOX 11 / CNS) President Barack Obama arrived at Los Angeles International Airport today to begin a roughly three-hour visit, during which he will speak at a luncheon fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee in Santa Monica.

Tickets for the fundraiser at the Santa Monica home of Peter Chernin began at $10,000, according to an invitation posted on the website PoliticalPartyTime.org , which tracks political fundraisers.

The price was $16,200 for the luncheon and the opportunity to have a photo taken with Obama and $32,400 -- the maximum allowable contribution to a national party committee in a calendar year -- to be a luncheon co-chair, which also allows the donor to attend what is described as a "special discussion'' in addition to the luncheon and photo reception.

Chernin is chairman and CEO of The Chernin Group, which manages, operates and invests in businesses in the media, entertainment and technology sectors.

Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/22530851/obama-t...
You are a racist

Albuquerque, NM

#155050 Jul 4, 2013
freebird wrote:
I'm sure the white woman will be held responsible somehow.
www.youtube.com/watch...
You are a racist. Quit whining already.

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#155051 Jul 4, 2013
Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>Have a happy 4th of July!
Happy Fourth AF!
We'll make the best of it,
I'll explain later.
How 'bout you? Are you going to celebrate in San Marino?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#155052 Jul 4, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That he's a liar who orchestrated every step of his defense from the first night of shooting Martin.
He lied about his finances to post bond.
He lied about not being able to locate an address. There was a house number directly in front of his car.
He knew the law. He was the Neigborhood Watchman after all. He was very chummy with the police. He took those criminal justice classes where he claimed to know nothing about Stand Your Ground on the Hannity show last year.
There was no evidence of Martin's DNA on either the gun or the holster, even though Zimmerman claimed Martin reached for it.
He was in fear of losing his life, but while he was supposedly being beaten he had the time, energy and opportunity to reach underneath his body and pull his gun out of its holster?
The gun was loaded and ready to fire--no external safety on.
The article explains the weapon.
TUE JUL 02, 2013 AT 06:03 PM PDT
The Zimmerman Draw
Statements from both George Zimmerman and his friend Mark Osterman, claim that during the struggle, Trayvon Martin saw the gun that Zimmerman was carrying concealed and attempted to grab it. This caused Zimmerman to wrestle control away, draw from his holster, and fire one round into the center of Martin's chest.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/02/1220...
"wild irush hoe"
No trial necessary, Zimmerman is guilty. Send the jury home. "hoe" has spoken.
Peace
KMA
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155053 Jul 4, 2013
You are a racist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist. Quit whining already.
Not whining! I just like to show people their hypocrisy.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#155054 Jul 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>America has a right to exist.
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thx for your entry into the stupidest 4th of july statement,
Very stupid, probably the winning entry, but the day is still young and there'll be many more vying for that title.
Per entry rules, we have to allow all knuckleheads to submit their "stupid statements" before declaring a winner, please refrain from claiming victory, you know what happened last time you made a predicition........
Regardless of whether my post was a stupid post or not, you are the communist chump of the day as anyone with a shred of love for America would agree instead of ridiculing me.
Go burn some hot dogs, commie.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#155055 Jul 4, 2013
Jul 4, 2013

Stop calling it “Independence Day”

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/04/stop_calling_...

I love July 4. But what is “independence,” if full freedom still doesn't exist for everyone in this country?

By Edward Wyckoff Williams

..... Recently, liberals and conservatives alike were outraged by the revelation that the National Security Agency, under the auspices of the Patriot Act, were collecting phone records and data on millions of citizens. The thought of the government recording their intimate calls outraged their sensibilities and sparked a national debate. Likewise, following an outcry from angry travelers, changes have been introduced to curb post-9/11 Transportation Security Administration practices that allow airport security to aggressively search, screen and frisk flight passengers.

This is what one may call “white people problems.”

“Abstract liberalism” reflects the libertarian philosophy that social policy should not be engineered to achieve equal outcomes.“Naturalization” follows by allowing whites to justify inequitable outcomes as being the result of natural occurrences.“Cultural racism” uses loosely based facts and social phenomena to dismiss racial disparities.(e.g.,“Mexicans do not put much emphasis on education” or “Blacks have too many babies”).“Minimization of racism” suggests discrimination is no longer a major problem by emphasizing the progress made.(The minimization theory can most recently be seen in the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision invalidating Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act, in which Chief Justice Roberts admitted that though racism still exists in the South, the very safeguards that achieved progress were no longer necessary.)

For, you see, young black boys and black men in the Bronx and Brooklyn are stopped and frisked by police while walking to McDonald’s. They are criminalized and stigmatized — seen as suspicious and treated without respect. This culture is so deeply embedded that both police and citizens alike regard Skittles as a deadly weapon when held in a black boy’s hand.

Last week, Mayor Michael Bloomberg displayed an egregious case of cognitive dissonance when he claimed that the problem with the NYPD’s controversial “stop-and-frisk” policy (SQF) wasn’t that it racially profiled African-Americans and Latinos, but rather that far too many whites were subject to stops.

“I think we disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little,” he said.

You read that correctly: The white, male, billionaire Mike Bloomberg thinks that “whites” are being harassed by police at alarming rates.
(cont.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min District 1 219,475
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RealDave 1,404,218
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 37 min Th clng 6,106
News Mandela's remains transferred to air base (Dec '13) 49 min Geezer Disease 5
News KKK Endorsement (Mar '08) 1 hr Divorce Attorney 132
News Democratic convention speaker list: Barack and ... 1 hr TRUMP FAN 33
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 64
More from around the web