The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
104,261 - 104,280 of 253,397 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The Daily Caller seems to have put it's own unique spin on some very generalized information.
For example, they make the claim that "liberals" are more likely to disconnect from people that disagree with them because 28% of "liberals" have unfriended and/or blocked someone on a social networking site, while only 16% of "conservatives" have done that.
The claim that Republicans are more "knowledgable" about politics included some very subjective observations such as the fact that only 46% of democrats said the republican party was more interested in reducing the size of the federal governemnt than the democrat party.
76% of republicans agreed with that statement which (according to the Daily Caller) means that 30% of republicans know more about politics.
It's like that through the whole article. If you agree with the republican view of things you know more, if you don't you know less.
In other words, totally slanted propaganda.
The information provided by The Daily Caller was obtained from the Pew study and was reported almost verbatim by a variety of news sources including Yahoo.
----------

A March 12 Pew study showed that Democrats are far more likely that conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them.

“In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates,” said the report, tiled “Social networking sites and politics.”

The report also noted that 11 percent of liberals, but only 4 percent of conservatives, deleted friends from their social networks after disagreeing with their politics.

http://news.yahoo.com/surveys-republicans-mor...
----------

Jaxxon's quote: "76% of republicans agreed with that statement which (according to the Daily Caller) means that 30% of republicans know more about politics."

It is providing information from the study indicating one of the questions identifying the republican party. It does the same in the very next paragraph regarding a question identifying the democratic party.

----------

Much of this polling and survey work has been backed up by novel research from the University of Virginia.

The academics’ work is also being backed up by commercial research into the tastes and political views of potential customers.

----------

Spin? Propaganda? I don't think so. The continuous posting by liberals of the general ignorance of republicans has been proven as invalid. There are ignorant people in general (republican, democrat, independent, etc.), but to categorize republicans as the only ones to have this issue is definitely "slanted propaganda".
Rico Rims Rose

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Mayor McWages wrote:
<quoted text>
The 8 lowest-paying jobs in America
1. Food preparation and serving workers, including fast food
Alas, this job category has the not-so-great distinction of being the lowest-wage gig in the country, bringing in a measly $8.71 an hour, or $18,000 annually. Most of these jobs require minimal education and many are part time.
Despite the small paycheck, long hours, and hard work, lots of people hold these jobs. The occupation is now the fourth largest in the country with 2.7 million workers.
This kind of work, which the BLS projects will increase by 10 percent in the next decade, is often seen as a dead-end job. However, if you have plans of one day going into hospitality management, it’s a good idea to spend some time in the trenches, advised Quintessential Careers’ Hansen. But not too long, he added, or you’ll risk being seen as a grunt worker in the eyes of management.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38168029/
Certainly such highly skilled positions deserve much higher pay. ;^)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
The minute that I saw the word "open minded and Republicans" in the same sentence I knew that it was skewed somehow and just laughed.
If it's one thing Republicans are not, it's "open minded". They're not all that educated either. I do believe that they spend a great deal of time on the internet relaying right wing rhetoric to each other, so in that sense, they are aware of who people are in politics, but that doesn't help them when they are given facts and have to think critically to come to an accurate conclusion.
Jmo of course. ;)
However, Pew’s data suggests that the Democrats’ low average rating likely is a consequence of its bipolar political coalition, which combines well-credentialed post-graduate progressives who score well in quizzes with a much larger number of poorly educated supporters, who score badly.

Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The information provided by The Daily Caller was obtained from the Pew study and was reported almost verbatim by a variety of news sources including Yahoo.
----------
A March 12 Pew study showed that Democrats are far more likely that conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them.
“In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates,” said the report, tiled “Social networking sites and politics.”
The report also noted that 11 percent of liberals, but only 4 percent of conservatives, deleted friends from their social networks after disagreeing with their politics.
----------
Jaxxon's quote: "76% of republicans agreed with that statement which (according to the Daily Caller) means that 30% of republicans know more about politics."
It is providing information from the study indicating one of the questions identifying the republican party. It does the same in the very next paragraph regarding a question identifying the democratic party.
----------
Much of this polling and survey work has been backed up by novel research from the University of Virginia.
The academics’ work is also being backed up by commercial research into the tastes and political views of potential customers.
----------
Spin? Propaganda? I don't think so. The continuous posting by liberals of the general ignorance of republicans has been proven as invalid. There are ignorant people in general (republican, democrat, independent, etc.), but to categorize republicans as the only ones to have this issue is definitely "slanted propaganda".
LMAO

Knowing that FDR was a Democrat does not mean a person is "more educated".

That's hilarious. 18 Questions? LMAO

Most of the Republicans on this site can't even spell FDR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
However, Pew’s data suggests that the Democrats’ low average rating likely is a consequence of its bipolar political coalition, which combines well-credentialed post-graduate progressives who score well in quizzes with a much larger number of poorly educated supporters, who score badly.
Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.
An 18 question quiz about what party wants to drill oil where, is not going to accurately determine who is more "educated", empathetic, Open minded or open to criticism.

Funny stuff.

“"Hi, I'm Josie" WTF! LOL!”

Since: Jun 10

How do your eggs want You?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
An 18 question quiz about what party wants to drill oil where, is not going to accurately determine who is more "educated", empathetic, Open minded or open to criticism.
Funny stuff.

I think it's time to show data that proves that FOX viewers are less informed than their counterparts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time to show data that proves that FOX viewers are less informed than their counterparts.
LOL

Looky looky!

Surprise-Surpise! Study shows Fox News viewers are the least informed

http://www.examiner.com/article/surprise-surp...
Fiscal Swingers

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Modern conservatives:‘Straight by day and swingers by night’?

Consider this quote from Daniel Bell’s classic,“The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism.” In the work world, Bell wrote,“delayed gratification, career orientation, career orientation,” are still valued attributes,

“Yet, on the marketing side, the sale of goods, packaged in the glossy images of glamour and sex, promotes a hedonistic way of life whose premise is the voluptuous gratification of the lineaments of desire. The consequence of this contradiction…is that a corporation finds its people straight by day and swingers by night.”

Bell’s book was written decades ago, and the line was not specifically about conservatism. But it occurs to me that American conservatism eventually mirrors the larger mainstream American culture.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/04/modern-cons...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, now that I've figured it out <rolls eyes> prove it. You don't know what I am or am not.
You however have proven, you're an ignorant sort running your mouth about matters you know nothing about.
;)
Ahh, so you've figured it out. I may not know your name but I do know you're a cookie cutter reproduction of every liberal jack-ass that ever sat on his butt bitching about how unfairly life and conservatives have treated you <raises middle finger>.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, so you've figured it out. I may not know your name but I do know you're a cookie cutter reproduction of every liberal jack-ass that ever sat on his butt bitching about how unfairly life and conservatives have treated you <raises middle finger>.
This doesn't look like proof to me maynard. You come on back when you can back up your claims eh?

Until then, back under that rock you go. ;)

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>She gave her link x-woman, you give yours.
LOL

X-woman?

Man, you are an ignorant SOB.

I'm a man Rallfy. A healthy man. ;)

That must chap your hide eh? Is this the only place you can play tough Ralffie?

I'll bet it is.

“God Bless America”

Since: Jun 10

Police State USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>Namaste Rose!
This is the link to the survey: http://www.people-press.org/2012/04/11/what-t...
Namaste USM!

What a stupid survey. LOL!
American Lady

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Summer is upon us. Doesn't a cool dobie jizz pop sound great?
American Lady

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I had 4 dobies to satisfy me last night. I just luv being a sticky mess in the morning
Modern Cons

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Government Monopolies Even Liberals Can't Love

In a post yesterday, I said that it would be absurd for the federal government to produce its own brand of cola, not because doing so would make us all less free, but because there's just no need. Well lo and behold, today I find out that the state of Pennsylvania, where I used to live, has its own brand of mediocre wine, called Table Leaf. It's manufactured by a winery in California, but sold through state-owned Pennsylvania liquor stores. Does that seem nuts? Well, it starts to make sense when you recall that in Pennsylvania, the state has a virtual monopoly on liquor sales through the stores run by the Liquor Control Board. So in addition to making it incredibly inconvenient for you to buy a bottle of wine or other booze, they also are able to market their own house brand (at apparently inflated prices). In the decade I lived in the state, I never met a single person who thought the state monopoly wasn't ridiculous (polls show support for privatization to be strong, albeit not universal).

http://prospect.org/article/government-monopo...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't look like proof to me maynard. You come on back when you can back up your claims eh?
Until then, back under that rock you go. ;)
LOL
Your post's provide ample proof, even those that've been removed. Now, back to your place in line.
Modern Cons

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Liquor control board wants to prevent marijuana consumption in bars

The Washington State Liquor Control Board voted Wednesday to create rules that would prevent marijuana from being consumed in bars or restaurants with a liquor license.

With Washington state voters passing Initiative 502 legalizing marijuana, The Associated Press reported that two businesses in Tacoma and Olympia have allowed customers to consume marijuana on the premises

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2013/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post's provide ample proof, even those that've been removed. Now, back to your place in line.
Still no proof eh? C'mon, I'm waiting....tic toc tic toc.

If my posts prove it than you shouldn't have a hard time finding plenty to prove your accusations.

;)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
----------
----------
----------
Honey, it's not the data that I was commenting on, it was the "conclusions" that were drawn from the data.

Here's an example...

I've had to ban people from public chat rooms before. As a matter of fact one of those people is posting on this thread, but that's another story.

I didn't make the decision to ban them because of their conservative ideas. I actually welcomed a conservative perspective.

I was forced to ban them because they were posting such personal information as phone numbers, full street addresses and the names of family members (some under the age of 16) because they couldn't tolerate me disagreeing with them.

Just like the crap we see here.

According to the article you linked to blocking those posters means I'm more likely to disconnect from people whose opinions I disagree with, but their opinions had nothing to do with it.

Get my point?

The conclusions that were presented were in fact very slanted and very biased.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Looky looky!
Surprise-Surpise! Study shows Fox News viewers are the least informed
I'm going to assume that Fox viewers tend to lean toward the conservative side of the political spectrum.
----------

Surprise-Surprise! Study shows Fox News viewers are the least informed

It will come as little surprise to intellectually honest Americans who appreciate good journalism that a study published December 10th by the University of Maryland, found that people who turn to Fox News on a regular basis are the most ill-informed of all voters who read newspapers, news magazines or tune into radio-TV news outlets...

...Fox viewers were the most likely participants in the survey to respond with inaccurate facts and misinformation...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••