The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 328730 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#120506 Mar 27, 2013
AP Attributes Ill Intent to Republicans Passing New Va. Voter ID Law

By Ken Shepherd | March 27, 2013 | 13:20

We've come to expect this sort of thing from MSNBC, but the Associated Press should be ashamed of itself. In a story about Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) signing into law a new voter ID law requiring a photo ID to vote-- which may be provided free-of-charge to indigent Virginians, by the way -- the AP strongly suggested the bill is an attempt by Virginia Republicans to prevent a Democratic presidential candidate from winning the state in 2016.

"Republican majorities in the Virginia House and Senate pushed the bill to passage one year after a more modest GOP-sponsored voter identification law failed to prevent President Barack Obama from winning Virginia for the second presidential election in a row and a Democratic U.S. Senate victory," the AP noted in the fourth paragraph of their March 27 story. As you can see in the full story pasted below, this was in the context of hyping a liberal Democrat's charge that requiring voter ID is akin to Jim Crow-era disenfranchisement efforts (story accessed via FoxNews.com , emphases mine):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/201...

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#120507 Mar 27, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"He's about four emotionally"
LOL
Like 1 month in dog years. lol
Hahhahah! Lapdog years at that.

Hi X.

Santa Clara, CA

#120508 Mar 27, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
You and X-Woman fancy yourselves as fine poets. So it was a natural assumption. Oh, wait? I remember. That poetry page of yours is what got you outed as the phony liar you are. As time went by people began to see just how devious and Hooved you are.
What??? LMAO! Quirky, you're getting desperate again.

Your lies are hilarious though. It's so much fun laughing at you and your bullchit. LOL!

San Bernardino, CA

#120509 Mar 27, 2013
Ebay User Sells Jim Carrey Photo So He Can Buy Gun

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
March 27, 2013

“From MY cold dead hands Mr. Carrey!”
An enterprising eBay user has put an autographed photo of actor and comedian Jim Carrey up for bid. He hopes to raise enough money to buy a new Glock G30S .45 ACP, a handgun retailing for over $600.

“Hopefully I can get at least that much for the autographed photo. If it sells for more than I’ll get a laser sight for it and take some gun safety classes and get my ‘concealed carry’ permit,” explains “astrobuzz,” the seller.

“I’m selling this Jim Carrey Autographed B&W 8X10 Photo (mint condition) in hopes that I sell it for enough to buy a GUN to protect my family,” the eBay description continues.

“I lost all respect for Mr. Carrey after he released his ‘Cold Dead Hands’ video mocking responsible gun owners and Charlton Heston… I believe in the 2nd Amendment and my rights shall not be infringed! From MY cold dead hands Mr. Carrey!”

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/ebay-user-sells-jim-c...

Santa Clara, CA

#120510 Mar 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, would Rose or NTR appreciate that advice?
It wasn't directed toward me or NTR. Stop baiting.

San Bernardino, CA

#120512 Mar 27, 2013
‘Born to campaign’: Ashley Judd equates running against Mitch McConnell with rape
Posted at 1:32 pm on March 27, 2013 by Twitchy Staff

http://twitchy.com/2013/03/27/born-to-campaig...

Santa Clara, CA

#120513 Mar 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a link to that poetry page, Q. Thanks in advance.
LOL! What a scumbag you are.

Posey wosey was so nosy
From his head to his toesys.
When he laughed
Out came Quirky
Like a piece of beef jerky.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#120514 Mar 27, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>Notice her fingers racing to change all the judgits? Lmao! She is always saying how they don't matter but she just broke 3 nails rushing to change them!:)
The content of her character is reflected in the content of her posts and they both are afflicted with communistic intent meant to deceive and to further our nation's current demise to the level of the former USSR in direct contradiction to what history has shown to be a dismal failure.
Types like her, IMAO
Are dangerous.
For their uncanny ability to easily sway anyone they come in contact with.
With their Marxist propaganda.
That never ends.
I should say that they could be cinders.
On their way to hell.
But I won't.
I'll just watch them slowly combust.
And wheel on by them.
Up that hill.

San Bernardino, CA

#120516 Mar 27, 2013
Law would fire sheriffs for defying gun control measures
March 27, 2013 | 1:22 pm | Modified: March 27, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Supporters of the 380 sheriffs in 15 states who so far have vowed to defy new state and federal gun control laws claim that legislation is starting to pop up around the nation to fire any state elected or appointed law enforcement official who doesn't obey federal orders.

The first effort emerged in Texas. Legislation proposed by Dallas Democratic Rep. Yvonne Davis would remove any sheriff or law enforcement officer who refuses to enforce state or federal laws.

What's more, it would remove any elected or appointed law enforcement officer for simply stating or signing any document stating that they will not obey federal orders.

A gun lobbyist told Secrets, "Beware because once something like this is introduced in one state, it will be followed very quickly in several other states."

Secrets has charted the growing group of sheriffs opposed to new gun control initiatives. They argue that citizens should be allowed by buy the types of weapons they want to defend themselves. They also claim that there is no way to tell the difference between old rifle and pistol magazines and new ones that President Obama wants to ban.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/law-would-fire-...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#120517 Mar 27, 2013
MADISON, Wis.(AP)-- A new report says insurers who sell medical policies to Wisconsin individuals will face an 80 percent increase in claims costs by 2017 thanks to the national health care law.

The Society of Actuaries study says costs will rise largely because of spending on sicker people and other high-cost groups who will gain coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance spokesman J.P. Wieske says 24,000 Wisconsin residents with serious medical conditions will be moving into the private market as of Jan. 1.

http://news.yahoo.com/report-health-costs-ris...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120518 Mar 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong but it still is my right to be racist if I so choose. Go bark up another tree.
Communists like you want to take that right away.
Now you're afraid someone wants to take away your right to be a racist?

San Bernardino, CA

#120519 Mar 27, 2013
WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill
March 26, 2013 | 3:11 pm | Modified: March 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and the two senators who provided the most support for his talking filibuster of the drone program intend to use less dramatic means to block the Senate gun control legislation, a move the White House suggested is insensitive to the victims of gun violence.

“We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions,” the lawmakers wrote to Senate Majority Harry Reid, D-Nev., in a letter on Friday.

The White House criticized the Republican senators’ decision.“To tell the families of those who lost their children to gun violence, that votes like this might be filibustered, I don’t think that would be welcome news,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

Cruz raised the specter of a national gun registry in a statement explaining his move.“The Democrats’ proposed legislation would require universal background checks for private sales between law-abiding citizens, which according to DOJ would be effective only if accompanied by a national gun registry,” he said.“This raises serious constitutional issues, and would divert resources from prosecuting felons and fugitives who try to illegally purchase guns.”

Lee’s team took a broader, process-oriented view.“Bills that potentially violate Americans’ constitutional rights should at least pass with a bipartisan majority and not be imposed by the majority alone,” communications director Brian Phillips told The Washington Examiner.“That’s why we have these rules in the Senate.”

By requiring a 60-vote threshold to end the debate, the Republicans might increase pressure on red-state Democrats who face re-election in 2014. Reid has been trying to protect them from tough votes on gun control — for instance, separated the assault weapons ban from the broader gun package, which allows some lawmakers to vote for the full bill but against the ban. But if the red-state Democrats are needed to overcome the opposition posed by Paul, Lee, and Cruz, they might have to take the kind of vote that could damage them in 2014.

“It certainly holds accountable senators who vote against the interests and principles of their constituents,” Phillips said.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wh-tells-paul-l...

Location hidden

#120520 Mar 27, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Tranquillity (also spelt tranquility[1]) is the quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; serenity n.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranquillity
A quality which tran has never possessed in any of his many reincarnations here on Topix.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#120521 Mar 27, 2013
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are a racist!!!!!!!!!!
My experiences in the real world suggest otherwise.
PROVE IT? You stupid idiot.

You are a virtual judge in a virtual world.
Without a real jury
Wake up.
You do not know me.

Santa Clara, CA

#120522 Mar 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>The content of her character is reflected in the content of her posts and they both are afflicted with communistic intent meant to deceive and to further our nation's current demise to the level of the former USSR in direct contradiction to what history has shown to be a dismal failure.
Types like her, IMAO
Are dangerous.
For their uncanny ability to easily sway anyone they come in contact with.
With their Marxist propaganda.
That never ends.
I should say that they could be cinders.
On their way to hell.
But I won't.
I'll just watch them slowly combust.
And wheel on by them.
Up that hill.
Bullchit, you flippin' drama queen.

You are the dangerous one, spreading hatred, lies, propaganda and fear. You infect this thread with it, and people like you infect the country with your hatred and paranoid accusations.

You claim you have a right to be a racist, yet you lie about people who simply have different political opinions than yours, and you attempt to denigrate them because of it. You're un-American IMO. And you're a hypocrite.

You throw this notions around as if they actually have some meaning or importance, and all they are is you being intimidated by people like NTR who are more intelligent, honest, and insightful than you could ever be.

You're nothing but a lonely, ignorant little man and a coward besides who pretends to know things you have absolutely not inkling about. It makes you feel important and powerful when you know you have no power at all here or anywhere else.

You have to ask Quirky for a link to a poetry page just so you can use it to research and attack me, you pitiful excuse for a man.

Grow a pair or borrow Quirky's if you can find them.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#120523 Mar 27, 2013
Rico wrote:
I wish Rico was in me!!!
He is. You are all alike.
fritobandito

San Diego, CA

#120524 Mar 27, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? LMAO! Quirky, you're getting desperate again.
Your lies are hilarious though. It's so much fun laughing at you and your bullchit. LOL!
Hey Rose, how they hangin?

Location hidden

#120525 Mar 27, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>Notice her fingers racing to change all the judgits? Lmao! She is always saying how they don't matter but she just broke 3 nails rushing to change them!:)
You might want to consider the very real possibility that most of the people that read your posts just think you're an idiot.

"Clueless, nuts, spam" should be your motto.

Santa Clara, CA

#120526 Mar 27, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a disgusting POS.
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#120527 Mar 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
You are wrong but it still is my right to be racist if I so choose. Go bark up another tree.
Communists like you want to take that right away.
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you point out where he even came close to what you just implied he said? Thanks,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques Orleans 190,310
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min In Two The Ovens 1,234,660
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 18 min Zeppelin 1,420
News When It Comes to Dealing With Illegal Immigrati... 39 min ronnie 21
News Former NY Gov. Pataki launches presidential bid 48 min Pat Robertson s F... 13
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 53,511
News Police to receive less military gear 1 hr Barry 2
More from around the web