The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 11

They call me Hill Billy

#114793 Mar 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't ya write 'em and SEE ...???
Asking them would be "better" than asking me :)
I'll HELP ya this much tho ...
``````````
Stand-your-ground law
In the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first. The concept sometimes exists in statutory law and sometimes through common law precedents. One key distinction is whether the concept only applies to defending a home or vehicle, or whether it applies to all lawfully occupied locations.
Under these legal concepts, a person is justified in using deadly force in certain situations and the "stand your ground" law would be a defense or immunity to criminal charges and civil suit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-groun...
NEXT time ...
spend a lil time on GOOGLE ...
BEFORE
opening MOUTH
AND ...
INSERTING foot ...
;0)
I just googled "stand your grand".
Didn't come up with much of value, Birt.
Maybe you should stop and think before you type and who you're typing to, just a thought, Birt.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#114794 Mar 12, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Jut got back.
Did I miss anything?
:)
Economy is Improving Despite the GOP

Out of Left Field

We had a lot of positive economic news last week: The stock market closed on Friday to 14,397, setting a new record, 236,000 new jobs were created and the unemployment rate fell to 7.7 percent, the lowest level since the recession hit in 2008.

I can’t help but believe that if Mitt Romney had been elected instead of President Obama, Romney would be doing a victory lap about now and the right-wing media would be bragging about how it was the confidence inspired in the markets by Romney’s election that dramatically turned the economy around so quickly – even though by this point, Romney would’ve only been president for around 6 weeks.

Lap more: http://scvnews.com/2013/03/11/economy-is-impr...

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#114795 Mar 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that the reason Jack is out on a Farm is because he could not get along with others in the City.
Your entire life has been predicated on wrong guesses Q.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114797 Mar 12, 2013
Mountain William wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should stop and think before you type and who you're typing to, just a thought, Birt.
I "did"
I "do" BEFORE "I" push that comment button ...
IS that a "threat" Birt ...???

My name is American Lady!
Address me as "such"
OR
not at all ...[preferably:)]

Mount Vesuvius

#114798 Mar 12, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am absolutely positive that you aren't the only one being "watched". But for what, I do not know.
Am I afraid?.... NO!
I like to watch too. I wouldn't want to miss seeing my enemies.
You make sure you keep an eye on 'em.....LOL!

They call me Hill Billy

#114799 Mar 12, 2013
Mountain William wrote:
<quoted text>
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "did"
I "do" BEFORE "I" push that comment button ...
IS that a "threat" Birt ...???
My name is American Lady!
Address me as "such"
OR
not at all ...[preferably:)]
As I clearly stated it was just a thought, Birt.

Are you handlers taking you to the Golden Corral for Easter dinner again this year?
It's a tradition for you, yes?
Have fun, Birt.

Mount Vesuvius

#114800 Mar 12, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. That's a lot of people calling you some real nasty names. Can they all be wrong?
Half of them are your socks, yes, all 3 of you are dead wrong.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114801 Mar 12, 2013
I wonder if the ---World *Nut Daily--- could give online courses on "standing your grand"!
Whatever that means.

As I clearly stated it was just a thought, Birt.
``````````

NO it wasn't!
It WAS an "insult" ...
as can BE seen ...

u get what you "give" ...
from me!

Mount Vesuvius

#114802 Mar 12, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder (republican) puts out the welcome mat for immigrants and declares his support for "a path to citizenship" for those currently in the country illegally.
----------
Snyder: Michigan Needs More Immigrants
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has a message for immigrants: "Please come here."...
..."Immigration and economic development -- they go hand in hand," Snyder said....
...Snyder and Peters both expressed their support for comprehensive immigration reform, which is being debated by Congress.
"We have to have a path to citizenship for the 11.5 million undocumented" immigrants, said Peters. We can't "force people to live in the shadows," he said.
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/3/8/snyd...
That's been his plan all along, first he made sure he hampered AMERICAN workers ability to negotiate for livable wages by ramming "right to work" law down their throat, so now he can lure illegal immigrants into Michigan's tight and cheap labor market....
Brilliant! if you're a predatory employer.
Snyder is serving the shaft the Koch brothers cooked, take a bite Ralff.....
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114803 Mar 12, 2013
stand your grand - GOOGLED
About 86,100,000 results (0.25 seconds)

Stand-your-ground law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_lawIn the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an ...
What is Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law?| HLNtv.com
www.hlntv.com/video/.../floridas-stand-your-g... 22, 2012 – The “Stand Your Ground” doctrine in can be found in Florida Statute ... However, since a grand jury will begin hearing evidence on April 10, it is ...

https://www.google.com/search...

"your" browser must NOT be working too good ...
or is IT the "operator" of IT!

;0)
Quirky

Denver, CO

#114804 Mar 12, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. I don't cause people to be rude and disrespectful like you.
It's all due to ignorant, hateful, ill-mannered people who are cowards and think they can post any vile insult and get away with it.
Hey, kind of like you too. LOL!
Shut up Rose. You are just ignorant.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#114805 Mar 12, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been his plan all along, first he made sure he hampered AMERICAN workers ability to negotiate for livable wages by ramming "right to work" law down their throat, so now he can lure illegal immigrants into Michigan's tight and cheap labor market....
Brilliant! if you're a predatory employer.
Snyder is serving the shaft the Koch brothers cooked, take a bite Ralff.....
Better a hard working immigrant than a lazy union hack.

They call me Hill Billy

#114806 Mar 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
stand your grand - GOOGLED
About 86,100,000 results (0.25 seconds)
Stand-your-ground law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_lawIn the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an ...
What is Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law?| HLNtv.com
www.hlntv.com/video/.../floridas-stand-your-g... 22, 2012 – The “Stand Your Ground” doctrine in can be found in Florida Statute ... However, since a grand jury will begin hearing evidence on April 10, it is ...
https://www.google.com/search...
"your" browser must NOT be working too good ...
or is IT the "operator" of IT!
;0)
Ok, Birt, whatever you say. I really have to get back to work now or my handlers (my employer) will get pissy.

I just want to suggest trying the Country Buffet instead of the Golden Corral this year.
I've heard they have a much better cut of steak -
Suggest it to you handlers.

You be good, and Happy Easter, Birt.

MW
Quirky

Denver, CO

#114807 Mar 12, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the tonto variety.
Shut up Sot. You are just ignorant. Nerd in Sacramento!
fritobandito

San Diego, CA

#114808 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you one of the horde of trolls against those people? I guess when a Republican tells you to eat a heap, you scramble for seconds.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114809 Mar 12, 2013
Mountain William wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Birt, whatever you say. I really have to get back to work now or my handlers (my employer) will get pissy.
I just want to suggest trying the Country Buffet instead of the Golden Corral this year.
I've heard they have a much better cut of steak -
Suggest it to you handlers.
You be good, and Happy Easter, Birt.
MW
I don't have ANY "handlers" ...
I'm SELF employed!:)

... but thanks just the same ... ;0)
Quirky

Denver, CO

#114810 Mar 12, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you one of the horde of trolls against those people? I guess when a Republican tells you to eat a heap, you scramble for seconds.
Shut up or someone will come pound your face with their fist. Right Tough guy?

Mount Vesuvius

#114811 Mar 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
Our company hires nothing but union men and women, wouldn't want it any other way, you have no idea how many projects we take over to fix shoddy work by non-union contractors that think they can match our union trained workforce. Needless to say they eventually weed themselves out, going bankrupt or going back to smaller residential jobs that require little or no formal training, hard work and expertize go hand in hand.
Fortune 500 companies don't jeopardize their status in the industry by compromising quality, workmanship and design engineering among other factors.

It's going to be interesting to see how the auto industry is going to respond to the backlash they'll undoubtedly receive should they decide to displace American workers with lower entry level non-citizens.
Be careful what you wish for mofo.

Mount Vesuvius

#114814 Mar 13, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Frito, nice to see you, I missed your post the other day, to answer your question, no I didn't see "El Capitan" but I did see a whole lot of people pretending to be one, that usually happens after a couple of brewskis and a shot of the "good" tequila down south, Americans seem more joyful down there.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#114815 Mar 13, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated "immigrant", not "illegal immigrant". We know to those like yourself there is no difference, but to those of us "real Americans" there is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 min Truth is might 23,170
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,220,920
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,900
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 2 hr Earthling-1 103
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,432
News GOP Lawmakers: Reject Loretta Lynch's Nomination 3 hr KnutesNiche 7
News New book by Dick Cheney takes on Barack Obama 8 hr Chicagoan by Birth 170
More from around the web