The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 4,783)

Showing posts 95,641 - 95,660 of243,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
The Melding Americas : Society : Miami: A Laboratory of Social Change : The migrant stream from Latin America and the Caribbean, coupled with 30 years of white flight, has pushed the city to the frontier of the urban future.
So while Little Havana remains a highly visible, vibrant neighborhood of grocery stores and small restaurants, monuments to Cuban heroes, Domino Park and the only McDonald's serving Cuban coffee, the Cuban-American majority in Miami lives everywhere, surrounding Little Nicaragua, and Little Haiti, and the Puerto Rican neighborhood of Wynwood, and areas populated by French Canadians, and yes, even an enclave of European Jews on Miami Beach where, as the in-line skaters swerve in and out, shouts of "Watch it!" go up in Yiddish and Russian.
Meld more: http://articles.latimes.com/1994-09-27/news/w...
Just what does this have to do with my post mail??

Eagle
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Another misleading headline.
The article says that the ordinance would allow law enforcement to disarm individuals who were behaving in an "unruly" manner, not the citizenry at large.
Seems unnecessary since police already have the authority to arrest these same individuals, but it isn't the gun grab the far right wants to make it seem.
Fear and rhetoric are the hallmarks of the far right.
define 'unruly'...
he raised his hand? his voice?

she wouldn't halt when approaching me? when walking away? when stepping to the side?

he/she called me a 'bad' name? wouldn't say anything? wouldn't shut up?

define 'unruly'...

now, tell us what/how the cop in the future situation defines 'unruly'...

L-J, just because YOU trust the government to do the RIGHT thing neither is borne out by history nor is the opinion of MANY of your fellow citizens. ask TM's family, while you are at it.lol
White Chuck

Kelso, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>A bunch of good old boys good enough for government.
Oh no good old boys,is that slander I'm hearing.
Appa Loosa

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what does this have to do with my post mail??
Eagle
Not much, but it's kind of like the Stablemans Daughter, All the HorseManure.
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

White Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no good old boys,is that slander I'm hearing.
Obamacare: A few changes coming in 2013

A new 2.3% tax goes on the price of medical devices. This doesn't include hearing aids or corrective lenses, but does include devices like defibrillators, pacemakers, artificial joints and others.

Hear more: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/health/obamacar...
Big Bubba Blackcock

Murrieta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

who dat racist on here's frum warshington states?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Many others were banned for that"
The thing is, most of the people around here that got banned were you.
What threat was made ralff/oakie/more equal/dissident/immigrunt...?
I am immune. I am civil. LOL

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
define 'unruly'...
he raised his hand? his voice?
she wouldn't halt when approaching me? when walking away? when stepping to the side?
he/she called me a 'bad' name? wouldn't say anything? wouldn't shut up?
define 'unruly'...
now, tell us what/how the cop in the future situation defines 'unruly'...
L-J, just because YOU trust the government to do the RIGHT thing neither is borne out by history nor is the opinion of MANY of your fellow citizens. ask TM's family, while you are at it.lol
It's not up to me to define "unruly" and i never said I trust the government to do the right thing.

As a matter of fact I said that in light of existing police powers the ordinance seemed unnecessary.

I simply pointed out that the headline of the article was misleading.

Far right wing media outlets have increasingly led their articles with headlines that play to the fear, paranoia and ignorance of their target audience, but misrepresent the actual facts of the story the claim to be covering.

There are several posters on this thread famous for finding articles with misleading headlines meant to incite the mindless right and your reaction is proof that it works.

I would suggest that in the future you read (and then re-read) each post several times before you decide to display your absolute inability to comprehend the written word.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It already is.
On the plus side, this case will help to correct that once Zimmerman has been convicted.
He won't be convicted no matter what you numbnuts say.(spit) LOL
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

pogo wrote:
<quoted text>
On a mind-altering drug, patrolling the neighborhood armed in violation of his concealed gun permit, being armed in violation of his neighborhood watch agreement and then ignoring the advice they gave him on the radio.
That's on Zim's side of things: a medicated idiot out playing pretend policeman.
Trayvon: guilty of "WWS".(Walking With Skittles).
Manslaughter at the least for Zim.
Getting prescription meds right

If drugs like Adderall help some people and harm others, why do reports on the drug skew one way or the other?

That Adderall, an amphetamine drug, can be addictive and can sometimes cause mental illness and suicidality is no surprise. If the Times searched its own archives, it would see several earlier periods of promotion of speed as a cognitive enhancer and study aid, followed by hysteria over psychosis and addictions.(Indeed, way back in 1937, the paper of record called it “high octane brain fuel”). And anyone old enough to remember the ‘60s probably recalls the admonition “Speed Kills.”

Add more: http://www.salon.com/2013/02/18/why_wont_the_...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Justifiable Homicide - WHAT Zman DID!
----------
justifiable homicide n.
a killing without evil or criminal intent, for which there can be no blame, such as self-defense to protect oneself or to protect another, or the shooting by a law enforcement officer in fulfilling his/her duties.

This is not to be confused with a crime of passion or claim of diminished capacity which refer to defenses aimed at reducing the penalty or degree of crime.(See: homicide, self-defense)

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Since the DAWN of Time!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Night :)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a good one for ya.. This just happened.. The house next door to me is for sale and a buyer just spoke through me screened lanai asking when I am moving my stuff out of the kids playhouse?? I told her that playhouse is on my property and she better talk to that realtor again.. Some people..
Eagle
The epitome of encroachment. The violators should be shot.(imo) hehe

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text> For sure "posi" -for sure!
Grace is the love that gives, that loves the unlovely and the unloveable! Oswald C. Hoffnam
Happy Spring forward(time) everybody AND for those spring breakers BE careful and safe travels!
Yes, for sure, with certainty. This I can be sure of.

There is always danger on the edge of town.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>The epitome of encroachment. The violators should be shot.(imo) hehe
A person interested in buying a piece of property believes a certain structure to be on that property and asks the people next door a question about it and your answer is "shoot them"?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluff is fluff and I call it that.. You just don't like what the article states..
In The Ghetto
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BTW I will be voting for Scott next year as well..
Eagle
Actually, I found the article to be current, informative and interesting. The article spoke to a broad range of issues effecting the state of Florida and opposing ideas as to what direction the state should go on several laws.

You can vote for whoever you want. You live there, I don't. I have considered visiting Disney World but have postponed my decision to spend dollars there every since they effed up the 2000 presidential elections. As long as Floridians elect Republicans to their state offices, I refuse to even catch a connecting flight in that state and if it says made in Florida on it, I will leave it on the store shelf to rot.

Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
A person interested in buying a piece of property believes a certain structure to be on that property and asks the people next door a question about it and your answer is "shoot them"?
Ask questions later.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. And Don`tPannic/Reweba along with Rico were some of the ones doing it! As well as NTR and ROSE .
Yep, the're the ones.....
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> that reminds me, where did NTR go? She came on strong but is nowhere to be found now....
She is probly searching out that thread where Rico claimed Zimmerman was a White guy and Racially killed a Black kid.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it should be..
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - I Won't Back Down (lyrics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Eagle
"You can slander my name all over this town but I won't back down". Our commander in chief has failed us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,641 - 95,660 of243,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Barack Obama Forum right now

Search the Barack Obama Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 min Defiant1 21,366
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Tinka 1,078,819
Joan Rivers calls President Obama gay, calls Mi... 10 min Homostats 3
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 14 min danetoo 541
Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds 17 min truth-facts 187
Black leaders worry about low turnout in November 20 min Zeppelin 1
Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP cooperation 27 min Zeppelin 1
•••
•••