The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#113729 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.. Who didn't know that??
Eagle
Well, let's start with the fact that you didn't seem to know that until we discussed it a couple of nights ago and higgans has been raising hell claiming it wasn't true tonight.

I'm assuming that you no longer have any question about the fact that Zimmerman can still be convicted on the lesser charge of manslaughter even if he is not convicted on the charge of second degree murder.

You might want to let some of your "friends" know. They seem to keep missing the memo.

:)

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#113730 Mar 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It might come as a surprise to you, but Trayvon Martin isn't the person on trial here, he is the person that was murdered.
If (note that I said if) George Zimmerman was taking medications that could have been a factor in this case you can bet it will be mentioned at trial.
It would be a mistake to use that defense jax.. Look the meds had nothing to do with it unless he took some prior and I don't mean in the morning.. I think they would be barking up a wrong tree there..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#113732 Mar 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>"He" is a stickler for truth and logic. I find that refreshing and positive. That probably doesn't count much with you;-)
sure ...
when pigs FLY ...

[EXCEPT for on TV!]

;0)

Location hidden

#113733 Mar 9, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He discredits anyone who is a threat to the his advancing of his agenda. It is apparent with every post he makes.
That may be the nicest thing you've ever said about me Posit.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

:p

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#113734 Mar 9, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> Did you catch her latest twist was to imply the defense might use the meds to "get him off"? Lol!
LOL..

Jim Croce - Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I wish they would find something else.. The meds will never fly with a jury as most know.. If they try that route they just as well plead to manslaughter..

Eagle

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#113735 Mar 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It might come as a surprise to you, but Trayvon Martin isn't the person on trial here, he is the person that was murdered.
If (note that I said if) George Zimmerman was taking medications that could have been a factor in this case you can bet it will be mentioned at trial.
It may come as a surprise to YOU, sir- the defense CAN put the victim on trial during their conduct of the trial. A good lawyer will leap at the opportunity- playing "defense" is not always the best route, you must attack when possible. Remember, TM isn't there to give his version so he'll be painted negatively by the defense and as much as the judge and the Prosecutor will allow.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#113738 Mar 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's start with the fact that you didn't seem to know that until we discussed it a couple of nights ago and higgans has been raising hell claiming it wasn't true tonight.
I'm assuming that you no longer have any question about the fact that Zimmerman can still be convicted on the lesser charge of manslaughter even if he is not convicted on the charge of second degree murder.
You might want to let some of your "friends" know. They seem to keep missing the memo.
Ummmmm.. Go back to the Z thread or fear thread.. I always stated he was being overcharged.. Personally I think he will be found innocent but most not second degree..

Eagle

Location hidden

#113741 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a mistake to use that defense jax.. Look the meds had nothing to do with it unless he took some prior and I don't mean in the morning.. I think they would be barking up a wrong tree there..
Eagle
Eagle, try to keep up.

It would not be part of the defense. It would be part of the prosecution especially if they decided it was best to try for the lesser charge of manslaughter.

It would only work in favor of the defense if they thought there was a murder conviction coming and they wanted to to avoid that by getting the jury to go for manslaughter.

Either way, whether it's the prosecution afraid they won't get a murder conviction, or the defense afraid that they will, it doesn't do anything toward avoiding a conviction.
Simcoe

Longview, WA

#113742 Mar 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not see you coming,your definitely going to be the clue winner for today.

Location hidden

#113743 Mar 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>It may come as a surprise to YOU, sir- the defense CAN put the victim on trial during their conduct of the trial. A good lawyer will leap at the opportunity- playing "defense" is not always the best route, you must attack when possible. Remember, TM isn't there to give his version so he'll be painted negatively by the defense and as much as the judge and the Prosecutor will allow.
Of course the defense will try and paint the victim in a negative light. That's part of their job (distasteful as it is), but that has noting to do with the post I was replying to.
Gun shy

Los Angeles, CA

#113745 Mar 9, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
The only the Obama can sell;
All Top 10 Days And Weeks For Gun Purchases Have Come Under Obama
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams...
Night Eagle, Higgans A.L. HUnts, snake and NTR
Just the mere thought of gun clips and multi round magazines is giving you a hard on.
we understand, go take care of it before your neglected wife sees it.
Night Ralffie.

Location hidden

#113747 Mar 9, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir, are no Alan Dershowitz:
Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball where fill-in host Michel Smerconish asked him his opinions of the arrest warrant issued and carried out for alleged Trayvon Martin murderer, George Zimmerman. Dershowitz called the affidavit justifying Zimmerman’s arrest “not only thin, it’s irresponsible.” He went on to criticize the decision to charge Zimmerman for second degree murder by special prosecutor Angela Corey as being politically motivated.
“You’ve seen the affidavit of probable cause. What do you make of it,” Smerconish asked.“It won’t suffice,” Dershowitz replied without hesitation.
“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said.“There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”
Dershowitz said that the elements that would constitute that crime are non-existent in the affidavit.“It’s not only thin, it’s irresponsible,” said Dershowitz.
Dershowitz went on to strongly criticize Corey’s decision to move forward with the case against Zimmerman.“I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not – if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit – this case will result in an acquittal.”
Smerconish identified the total lack of any mention of the supposed fight that occurred between Martin and Zimmerman prior to Martin being shot. He said he was disappointed that he did not see any mention of that conflict that led to Martin’s murder.
“But it’s worse than that,” said Dershowitz.“It’s irresponsible and unethical in not including material that favors the defendant.”
“This affidavit does not even make it to probable cause,” Dershowitz concluded.“everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense. Everything.”
Yes dear, I've seen your posts, but they are all missing one little detail.

Any mention at all of the subject of the posts to which you have replied which is the reality of lesser included offenses.

Even if Zimmerman is not convicted on the charge of second degree murder, he could still be convicted of the lesser included offense of manslaughter.

Ask eagle to explain it to you. He agrees with me on this one and we don't agree on much of anything.

Location hidden

#113749 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
Jim Croce - Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I wish they would find something else.. The meds will never fly with a jury as most know.. If they try that route they just as well plead to manslaughter..
Eagle
You get so close to point and then you just miss it altogether.
bitemywamy

Los Angeles, CA

#113751 Mar 9, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
it doesn't matter if Zimmerman was on peyote, acid, meth and crack, he had a right to stop the filthy, racist, scumbag criminal martin from bashing his head in, anyone who says otherwise is an imbecile.
Fku pansywoozy.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#113753 Mar 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm.. Go back to the Z thread or fear thread.. I always stated he was being overcharged.. Personally I think he will be found innocent but most not second degree..
Eagle
Good idea. After your track record on Romney, it's always good to hedge your bets. This is a little different than your earlier posts on the topic;-) What's giving you pause?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#113754 Mar 9, 2013
George Zimmerman

SHOULD

"walk FREE" ...

He has "already" been punished ENUF ...

with the "murdering" of his lifestyle ...
the denigration of his "integrity"

PLUS

assorted OTHER "monstrosities" you libTARDS have DONE to him!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#113755 Mar 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>"He" is a stickler for truth and logic. I find that refreshing and positive. That probably doesn't count much with you;-)
Both of you have lied.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#113756 Mar 9, 2013
Simcoe wrote:
<quoted text>Did not see you coming,your definitely going to be the clue winner for today.
Giant wave kills American tourist in Mexico's Cabo San Lucas, injures another

A 65-year old woman was killed when a giant wave struck two American tourists strolling on the beach near the famous stone arch in the Mexican resort town of Cabo San Lucas.

See more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/07/giant...
Simcoe

Longview, WA

#113757 Mar 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dear, I've seen your posts, but they are all missing one little detail.
Any mention at all of the subject of the posts to which you have replied which is the reality of lesser included offenses.
Even if Zimmerman is not convicted on the charge of second degree murder, he could still be convicted of the lesser included offense of manslaughter.
Ask eagle to explain it to you. He agrees with me on this one and we don't agree on much of anything.
Man your good jack,NTR you best be on the lookout,you got some trouble with this guy,he's going to whip ya good,get somemore clue's your going to need them.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#113758 Mar 9, 2013
Blame Bush.

Heavy waves crash Kennebunk beach after storm

Giant waves crashed around the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport and other ocean front homes. Maine only got a glimpse of that storm, but it was certainly eye-opening.

Crash more: http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/234221/2/He...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min smfh 1,223,497
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 5 min goonsquad 178
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 13 min goonsquad 4
News Obama sells trade deal to House Democrats 14 min goonsquad 1
News Obama blasts Baltimore rioters but cites 'slow-... 18 min JMO 60
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Scrutiny 187,728
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min Patriot AKA Bozo 52,987
More from around the web