The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409432 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#104172 Feb 17, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly do not need YOU to chastise me or refer to me and many others as "ignorant" based on what you refer to as "indisputable scientific evidence". It is actually very disputable that a cell was created by random chance. The number of possible explanations as to how this occurred is almost as large as the number of scientists.
You feel free to believe as you wish and I won't even call you "ignorant" or "ill-informed", but I can assure you many theories related to evolution are just as disputable as the theories related to creationism.
As I stated earlier, your comments provide proof of your prejudiced and narrow-minded views. You certainly have evolved. You have evolved into an "indisputably" mean-spirited, narrow-minded woman. When anyone disagrees with you, you immediately assume they are "ignorant" and "ill-informed". Get over yourself.
I'm guilty of being able to see when somebody is actually genuinely mean-spirited and am capable of responding accordingly. You, my dear, are a bigot, a racist and not very bright. I don't like you. You continue to find fault with anything I post, and I, in turn, consider your fault finding to be 99% personal. So, I reply in kind. If you don't like it, stop. If you don't want me to tell the truth about you, stop slandering me. Pretty simple Philosophy 101 stuff here.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#104173 Feb 17, 2013
In California,’Moderate Democrat’ Is an Oxymoron
By Steven Greenhut Feb 14, 2013 3:30 PM PT

California taxpayers have nothing to fear from the new Democratic supermajorities in the state Assembly and Senate. That’s the assurance we keep hearing from the political class and interest groups in the Golden State, where Republican legislators are now reduced to irrelevancy and Democrats control two-thirds majorities to pass anything they want.

“Fortunately, there is a backstop to flagrant tax increases and immediate spending and it’s not Republicans -- it is the moderate Democrats,” according to an analysis by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of California.

According to this wishful thinking, the Democratic caucus is more divided than ever, and a growing band of moderates will fill the swing-vote role that Republicans used to play, especially when the left-leaning leadership needs a two-thirds majority to pass direct tax increases and constitutional changes.

The deadline for filing new bills for the next state legislative session is a week away, so we will soon see how restrained the Democrats will be. Yet a look at the background of these moderate lawmakers shouldn’t ease high-earners’ concern about rising tax bills in California.

For instance, Henry Perea, a Fresno Democrat who leads the Assembly Moderate Caucus, has written a bill to increase or extend $2.3 billion in automotive-related fees. This is one of the Democratic majority’s first big maneuvers for the year, with committee hearings expedited.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-14/in-c...

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#104174 Feb 17, 2013
Rodeo The Wiggles wrote:
Its refreshing to see some new blood on this thread.
Pigs Blood.......

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

http://youtu.be/gfeiIetGqbQ

U2
animal farm revolution

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#104175 Feb 17, 2013
Barn E wrote:
Did I forget to change back to Barn E? Yep. I was making a point about names to some dummy named bf262 on another Topix page. He thinks he deserves some sort of Topix Citizenship Award for keeping one fake name intact! Fool.
noted
discomedian

Canyon Country, CA

#104178 Feb 17, 2013
Rodeo The Wiggles wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday you might even form a whole sentence.
Your sentence is Henderson, Nev. LOL!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#104179 Feb 17, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! I'm sure you don't. That's what I'm talkin''bout when I say there is absolutely no way you could have headed up a staff of over 200 workers including 30 attorneys (rolling eyes). It's obvious. You don't have the mental facility to have performed at that level. Just the way it is, Hooey.
LMAO!!!! Are you going to start this again after I thumped you on every pitiful post you threw out and after your numerous posts about anyone calling you a liar when they "knew" nothing about you? I know it is difficult for you to understand, but those who do not share your opinions or beliefs are NOT ignorant or unintelligent.

You are so immature and malicious! You are actually pathetic! Get over yourself sweetheart!(laughing out loud)

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#104180 Feb 17, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!! Are you going to start this again after I thumped you on every pitiful post you threw out and after your numerous posts about anyone calling you a liar when they "knew" nothing about you? I know it is difficult for you to understand, but those who do not share your opinions or beliefs are NOT ignorant or unintelligent.
You are so immature and malicious! You are actually pathetic! Get over yourself sweetheart!(laughing out loud)
You're deluding yourself.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#104181 Feb 17, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly do not need YOU to chastise me or refer to me and many others as "ignorant" based on what you refer to as "indisputable scientific evidence". It is actually very disputable that a cell was created by random chance. The number of possible explanations as to how this occurred is almost as large as the number of scientists.
You feel free to believe as you wish and I won't even call you "ignorant" or "ill-informed", but I can assure you many theories related to evolution are just as disputable as the theories related to creationism.
As I stated earlier, your comments provide proof of your prejudiced and narrow-minded views. You certainly have evolved. You have evolved into an "indisputably" mean-spirited, narrow-minded woman. When anyone disagrees with you, you immediately assume they are "ignorant" and "ill-informed". Get over yourself.
LOL

Anything is "disputable". Whether that dispute is a rational, intelligent, VALID, dispute is the real issue.

Creationism as a dispute for evolution is well recognized as invalid under peer scrutinized scientific evaluation.

Location hidden

#104184 Feb 17, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guilty of being able to see when somebody is actually genuinely mean-spirited and am capable of responding accordingly. You, my dear, are a bigot, a racist and not very bright. I don't like you. You continue to find fault with anything I post, and I, in turn, consider your fault finding to be 99% personal. So, I reply in kind. If you don't like it, stop. If you don't want me to tell the truth about you, stop slandering me. Pretty simple Philosophy 101 stuff here.
Actually, you inserted yourself into my response to JAX.
----------

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but there was nothing this gentleman said which would indicate he is irrational. His comments seemed to be well thought out and heart-felt. His having conservative views does not make him irrational.
Do you automatically assume those with conservative views are irrational?

NTR quote:

He's not around to answer you. He has much more important issues right now. He pointed out that this man has gone on record as dismissing evolution. That's not conservative. It's looney:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/ab ...

“The greatest history book ever written is the one hidden in our DNA.”
—Dr. Spencer Wells
----------

I also made a response back to you which was in no way confrontational or rude.
----------

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider it "looney" at all. I consider it his opinion which he certainly has a right to.

NTR quote:
Exactly! I'm sure you don't. That's what I'm talkin''bout when I say there is absolutely no way you could have headed up a staff of over 200 workers including 30 attorneys (rolling eyes). It's obvious. You don't have the mental facility to have performed at that level. Just the way it is, Hooey.
----------
You, my dear, are actually the one who is obviously a bigot, a racist and not very bright. I don't like you either, but I don't call you a liar. I do not indicate you do NOT live in Kentucky or deny any other personal information you provide. Do you know why? Because I do not KNOW the facts of your life and it would be inappropriate for me to do so. You do not seem to have a problem with calling people liars when you have absolutely NO knowledge of the facts. You actually retaliate when others do the same to you. I don't recall ever slandering you. Just the opposite in fact! I do not agree with you on most topics and that seems to be YOUR problem.

I will post to whom I want whenever I wish just as you do. You do not intimidate me at all sweetheart!

Location hidden

#104187 Feb 17, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Anything is "disputable". Whether that dispute is a rational, intelligent, VALID, dispute is the real issue.
Creationism as a dispute for evolution is well recognized as invalid under peer scrutinized scientific evaluation.
There have been many "rational, intelligent, valid" disputes regarding the creation of a cell by random chance. Scientists are not even in agreement as to how this may have occurred. As they cannot agree as to how it may have occurred, it cannot be "indisputable fact".
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#104188 Feb 17, 2013
Obama Golfs With Tiger Woods (Update: Press Blocked)
2:14 PM, Feb 17, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama, who is on a weekend getaway in Florida this weekend, hit the links with Tiger Woods today, the White House reveals.

"The President played golf today with USTR Ron Kirk, Jim Crane and Tiger Woods," deputy press secretary Josh Earnest says in a statement.

It's the first time Obama and Woods have gone golfing together. "President Barack Obama had an intimidating partner for a round of golf on Sunday - Tiger Woods, the world's No. 2 ranked player, according to a report," Reuters reports.

The president is vacationing by himself this weekend. The rest of his family, Michelle Obama and the two Obama daughters, are in Colorado on their own vacation.

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-gol...

Location hidden

#104191 Feb 17, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been many "rational, intelligent, valid" disputes regarding the creation of a cell by random chance. Scientists are not even in agreement as to how this may have occurred. As they cannot agree as to how it may have occurred, it cannot be "indisputable fact".
You're cherry picking. Are there parts of evolution theory that are not proven yet? Sure, but as a whole, it is accepted as scientific fact, creationism is not considered in the least as a rational, intelligent, or valid dispute against evolution which is one of the most empirically and mathematically tested and proved "theories" of modern science.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#104193 Feb 17, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you inserted yourself into my response to JAX.
----------
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but there was nothing this gentleman said which would indicate he is irrational. His comments seemed to be well thought out and heart-felt. His having conservative views does not make him irrational.
Do you automatically assume those with conservative views are irrational?
NTR quote:
He's not around to answer you. He has much more important issues right now. He pointed out that this man has gone on record as dismissing evolution. That's not conservative. It's looney:
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/ab ...
“The greatest history book ever written is the one hidden in our DNA.”
—Dr. Spencer Wells
----------
I also made a response back to you which was in no way confrontational or rude.
----------
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider it "looney" at all. I consider it his opinion which he certainly has a right to.
NTR quote:
Exactly! I'm sure you don't. That's what I'm talkin''bout when I say there is absolutely no way you could have headed up a staff of over 200 workers including 30 attorneys (rolling eyes). It's obvious. You don't have the mental facility to have performed at that level. Just the way it is, Hooey.
----------
You, my dear, are actually the one who is obviously a bigot, a racist and not very bright. I don't like you either, but I don't call you a liar. I do not indicate you do NOT live in Kentucky or deny any other personal information you provide. Do you know why? Because I do not KNOW the facts of your life and it would be inappropriate for me to do so. You do not seem to have a problem with calling people liars when you have absolutely NO knowledge of the facts. You actually retaliate when others do the same to you. I don't recall ever slandering you. Just the opposite in fact! I do not agree with you on most topics and that seems to be YOUR problem.
I will post to whom I want whenever I wish just as you do. You do not intimidate me at all sweetheart!
I answered for Jack, because I know that he is not around and may not be for sometime to the extent your post may be buried before he returns. My problems with you have to do with obvious lies and a bad attitude about minorities, which contrary to your contentions, were spelled out as you went about the business of discussing promotions and your "skills". I'm surely not the only one who felt a little nauseous reading your posts about that and how you refused to yield ground to advance a minority - presumably on some utopian principle of "best qualified" when everybody really does understand the subjective nature of such promotions.

I'd bet that you never promoted a minority (assuming you ever had any supervisory job in the first place), and that is why your superiors thought you should reconsider and make your track record less obnoxious than it probably was at the time. In brief, you were probably an embarrassment to the objectives of equal opportunity. I'm big on that.(See my profile for further details.) I'm not intending to intimidate you. Rather, I'd just like to hold a mirror up to your sad sack for you to take a good look. Am I abrupt? Yep. I reject social conservatives who want to impose their values on everybody else. I absolutely understand fiscal conservatives, and I appreciate moderates from both sides of the aisle. I don't like white folks who think the world revolves around white folks. It's a d*mned big world and we're just a part of it, not the Zenith of existence. I have no desire to be hated by any other race or ethnicity for something so superficial and unimportant, and I extend the same courtesy I want to be extended to me. Bigoted white folks embarrass me.

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#104194 Feb 17, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text> P never said NTR did so you grow the f*ck up.
Twist and spin all you like, grunt.

The insult was about NTR, and you implied it in your stupid post about a kidney patient.

Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text> Oh wow! Thank god no one else would make fun of a diseased person anyone. It would be just terrible if people used Topix to harass say kidney transplant patients or something!

Location hidden

#104195 Feb 17, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text> P never said NTR did so you grow the f*ck up.
LOL

When are you going to stop whining about getting your own nastiness thrown back at you?

You get what you give pal.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#104200 Feb 17, 2013
1RNRPRTN wrote:
<quoted text> Defending evolution is my favorite way to wage the war on Christianity. I don't even have to say there is no God to say there is no god!
There is no contradiction inherent between evolution and Christianity unless you subscribe only to the literal. We long ago got over literal interpretations where they were clearly allegorical interpretations to be put in context (metaphors). Those who refuse to acknowledge that are stuck on the literal 7 days and 7 nights story.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#104201 Feb 17, 2013
By Jill Schlesinger /
MoneyWatch/ February 17, 2013

Middle class remains stuck

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34227_162-5756974...

.....According to Saez, during the recovery from the Great Recession, which started in mid-2009, "real income per family grew modestly by 1.7% but the gains were very uneven. Top 1% incomes grew by 11.2% while bottom 99% incomes shrunk by 0.4%. Hence, the top 1% captured 121% of the income gains in the first two years of the recovery." The trend is likely to continue and income disparity will probably grow in 2012 and 2013. No wonder consumer sentiment indicators remain stuck at low levels. Retirement plan growth aside, a two-decade trend is tough to absorb for Americans who still have a long way to go before the effects of the Great Recession dissipate.(cont.)
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#104202 Feb 17, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't trying to hide pertinent facts you would proved links like I do;
Note: In certain circumstances there can be a modification or waiver of the Oath of Allegiance. See the link to the right to Chapter 5 of A Guide to Naturalization for more information.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuit...
Many immigration laws have changed since 1778.
My spouse was simply asked if he/she wanted to renounce their current Citizenship and the answer was "No". The oath was preformed on public with about 200 or so taking it. At no point in the oath was the part about renouncing citizenship mentioned. It wouldn't have mattered anyway as dozens of them couldn't speak English and had no idea what words they were (trying) to repeat as an oath. All papers are legal and there has been no fraud involved. My child was born a citizen of both countries.
Kick and scream all you want but you wouldn't change those facts.
One pertinent fact, Obama was born a citizen of his father's nation.
The second pertinent fact, Obama has never been naturalized.
The third pertinent fact, Obama is still a citizen of his father's nation.
The forth pertinent fact, Obama is an alien and not eligible to be POTUS.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#104203 Feb 17, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you just love it when out avatars are shown one right after the other like a few posts back? We look so good together!
Walffie, did you forget which poster you were? Slow down, bubba. You're imploding again.

Location hidden

#104205 Feb 17, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Walffie, did you forget which poster you were? Slow down, bubba. You're imploding again.
LMAO!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patriot 1,480,907
News PM Abe offers support for Duterte's war on drugs 33 min Ainu 12
News In bipartisan nod, GOP-led Mississippi Senate c... 46 min Cordwainer Trout 3
News Donald Trump arrives in Washington with a wave ... 49 min The Real Donald T... 20
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 234,182
News Our Views: Obama's legacy for Louisiana 1 hr lalady 1
News Chelsea Manning: a potent symbol for transgende... 1 hr El illegal in pri... 18
More from around the web