The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Rico

Rowland Heights, CA

#100650 Feb 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your research.
I posted a link to an article a couple of days ago that went through these claims and disproved them and explained where this all started.
The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-idea-that...
I know it's become a favorite theory of the far right, but it simply isn't true.
Fact is most mass shooters have had one thing in common. They share a far right ideology.
I can't log in where I'm at but your comment deserves a prop.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#100651 Feb 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The most successful economies in the world have a significant manufacturing component. We let ours go to h*ll in a hand basket but are currently working toward reversing the situation - IF we don't kill the consumer component of the benefit.
While our market has certainly been impacted (the EU being a material market for our product) by a lack of demand, we still have our own consumers for whom we can produce for sale, and that's what we should be targeting. I don't mean protectionism, I mean stimulating our own economy. But, if you take disposable income away from consumers, manufacturers have no impetus to increase production, hire folks and invest here at home because they don't have a strong market - no incentive. Since globalization got underway, if the buyers are overseas, they'll produce overseas to keep costs lower, profit higher. Any economic policy that harms the consuming public won't help grow the economy, i.e., increasing taxes on the middle-class, cutting dollars available to spend in the low income sectors. Those low income earners spend essentially everything they take in. The highest income earners are not a significant component of consumers. They're the savers and investors, but they won't invest in businesses if the market for the goods they produce isn't there. Instead, they'll invest their capital elsewhere in the world or park it overseas in tax havens which does nothing to help this economy.
Now, if you'd like to "educate" me, go right ahead and correct me with facts. I'm liberal leaning enough that I'm open to learning something new. We used to have a poster who was an excellent resource and non-judgmental.
Still, I have no idea how you connect the dots you do to assign blame to "diverse populations". Diversity is a strength, not a liability, and I have zero interest in playing the "blame" game pointing fingers at "diverse populations". I'd attribute the problem to lousy governing and short-sightedness, a problem not limited to Europe. China has grown a booming middle class while concurrently decimating the environment and quality of life in their industrial regions. It appears that they'll have more "stuff" but die much sooner as a result of toxic air and water pollution.
Good points!
http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/04/the-most...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#100653 Feb 7, 2013
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I presented info that debunks your idiocy. Stop it already.
Oh yes those gun crazy liberals -- ye friggen moron!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#100654 Feb 7, 2013
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I presented info that debunks your idiocy. Stop it already.
I presented info that says you're not only wrong but gullible. Kissmyass.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#100655 Feb 7, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I presented info that says you're not only wrong but gullible. Kissmyass.
Provide a link to a source and I'll be glad to read it. Otherwise you haven't provided any information at all.

Just unsubstantiated rhetoric that has been proven false.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#100656 Feb 7, 2013
What's the topic today?
Rico

Rowland Heights, CA

#100657 Feb 7, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes those gun crazy liberals -- ye friggen moron!
You ready for the civil war? I hope so. Nothing depresses me more than an unfair fight.

Location hidden

#100658 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Has he got hold of a missile-firing drone too? Well, he should just call Obama and get a Presidential OK. Once you get one of those, you can kill whoever you want, as long as they're far away in some foreign land. They can even be Americans!
But it gets better. Some of them can even be totally innocent! Yes, that's right: not Al Qaeda or anthing, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kids, grandmas, puppies...whatever. It's like you're friggin' 007, but drunk & near-sighted, and with a "License to Kill" that's unlimited.(You don't get to bang the local hotties though.)
It might surprise you to find out that I don't like the way they're using these drones at all.

I don't like the idea that they think the "war on terror" justifies killing American citizens overseas without due process either.

You're so into dividing people into left and right that you fail to understand the wide range of opinions a person can have on a wide variety of issues.

That and the fact that the conversation that was going when you started this was about the shootings in California and had nothing to do with drones.

I think your just looking for a fight and I'm not interested.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#100662 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems Obama has a drone over LA and says he'll kill any damn American he pleases, as long as he suspects them of being in the Tea Party or Al Qaeda. But he does promise not to water board them, cause he's got like "moral superiority" & sh*t, unlike Bush.
Bush, he went on to explain, made passing a budget or fixing our economy permanently impossible. But that's ok, cause we have a magic debit card that you can spend with pretty much f*cking forever and (this is the good part!) you NEVER have to pay it off. But that's beside the point.
First off, President Obama hasn't killed anyone with his drones that you or I wouldn't have killed if we were the "decider".

Second, the Tea Party started off as a grass roots organization with a great charter as people from both sides of the isle found common ground on the "Taxed Enough Already" platform. It was infiltrated by the ultra right faction of the republican party running anyone with a brain away. Today, the members of the tea party are better known as Talibaggers and if they were not already on SSDI, they would qualify for it simply by being associated with the tea party brand.

That magic credit card you are talking about was maxed out way before Obama ever became president so quit blaming Obama. It was Bush/Cheney who gave the surpluses to the rich and sent the poor off to war.

Location hidden

#100663 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me quote yourself: "the conversation that was going when you started this was about the shootings in California and had nothing to do with drones".
Now the Topix topic, printed in bold at the top of the page: "THE PRESIDENT HAS FAILED US"
At least my ridiculous & irreverant post had something (somewhat) weakly related to the Topix topic, wouldn't you agree? There's certainly nothing in the LA shooting that relates to Obama, is there?
They'll catch the LA shooter. It's an godawful, horrible mess, to be sure. But in the long run what we do with our drones over other people's countries is far more important.
"At least my ridiculous & irreverant post had something (somewhat) weakly related to the Topix topic, wouldn't you agree?"

As long as we agree that your post was ridiculous, irrelevant and only vaguely related to the topic I think we've made considerable progress.

<I made a joke>

:p
Gus007

Jamestown, NY

#100665 Feb 7, 2013
If Obama had a son, I bet he would look like Christopher Dorner....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lapd-officer-suspect...

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#100666 Feb 7, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
What's the topic today?
There's a topic? Now they tell me.

Forum

#100667 Feb 7, 2013
The President has NOT failed us. This is a propaganda thread meant to spread lies, hate and extreme right-wing prejudicial attacks toward President Obama.

It's unpatriotic, untrue and a vicious display of domestic terrorism.

So there.

Forum

#100669 Feb 7, 2013
Gus007 wrote:
If Obama had a son, I bet he would look like Christopher Dorner....
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lapd-officer-suspect...
If you had a son I bet he would look like Chas Bono.
Gus007

Jamestown, NY

#100671 Feb 7, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a son I bet he would look like Chas Bono.
Obama: If I had a son hed look like Trayvon.....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100674 Feb 7, 2013
Miami-Dade Police Kendall Squad Caught Ignoring Emergency Calls, Shopping On Camera

http://theintelhub.com/2013/02/07/miami-dade-...

Coming Civil Unrest? Department of Homeland Security Orders Another 21.6 Million Rounds of Ammo
http://theintelhub.com/2013/02/08/coming-civi...

Ya don't NEED "hollow points" for target practice ...
Gus007

Jamestown, NY

#100675 Feb 7, 2013
Sharp increase in taxes take bite...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/business/re... ;

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#100676 Feb 7, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Once these threads get a little age to them "on topic" gets a little hard to define sometimes.
Plus it gets a bit boring as well. So a little distraction for a bit then back to the subject. That's what keeps things going.
Hi Jax.
Gus007

Jamestown, NY

#100678 Feb 7, 2013
Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/panetta-o...
From my cold dead hands

Providence, UT

#100682 Feb 7, 2013
Q: What makes someone who politicizes shootings call for a temporary moratorium on politicizing shootings?
By Doug Powers February 7, 2013 06:43 PM

**Written by Doug Powers

A: When the person who pulled the trigger writes a manifesto saying hes a fan:

http://michellemalkin(DOT)com/ 2013/02/07/politicize-shooting s/

Add dot to link

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball 2 min RayOne 245
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min loose cannon 177,969
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min fetch almighty 1,109,078
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 18 min Victim of Diversity 2,697
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,578
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 36 min Gasman 22,545
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 38 min Brian_G 32,634
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••