The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341227 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#100612 Feb 7, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
How much military is enough?
The United States spends more on defense than all the other nations of the world combined. Between 1998 and 2011, military spending doubled, reaching more than seven hundred billion dollars a year—more, in adjusted dollars, than at any time since the Allies were fighting the Axis.
Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/atlarge...
We got our nose buried in the business of nations of no threat to us perhaps?
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100614 Feb 7, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Defense secretary says military readiness crisis coming unless budget cuts are prevented
If the billions of dollars in cuts are allowed to stand, Panetta said, he would have to throw the country’s national defense strategy “out the window,” and the United States would no longer be a first-rate power.“This will badly damage our national defense and compromise our ability to respond to crises in a dangerous world,” Panetta said.
Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congre...
Perfect example of politics at work. Panetta (Obama) is playing to the sympathies of Republicans by pointing out that we live in "a dangerous world" and therefore the military needs more money. The Democrats know that is heart warming for Republicans to hear that the military needs more dough because the world is dangerous.

The question is: are they serious or just pandering?
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100615 Feb 7, 2013
If it's true that the world is a dangerous place, how did it get like that? And who is it dangerous for?

The US seems to be the brunt of it. I suspect it's true that the reason for that is because the US has a long history of oppressing other nations, a history of military, political and economic colonization (i.e., Iran, Iraq, etc.) that these enemies of ours are actually our own creation. They are rising up and seeking retribution for what we've done to them in the past.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100616 Feb 7, 2013
The LAPD is trying to silence a whistleblower or Christopher Dorner is a nutcase with the skills of a killer ?????

Christopher Dorner’s Manifesto (Disturbing Content and Language)
Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-d...
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#100617 Feb 7, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>America can certainly take advantage of any good crisis. We never let any go to waste. We can also keep them from us.
“Incalculable waste” in U.S.-paid 100 billion USD Afghan fund

one recent report identified massive thefts of fuel and another revealed a sprawling American-paid .3 million security facility built for 175 police but that holds just 12

The unprecedented $100 billion program slated to rebuild war-torn Afghanistan has been ravaged by theft, cost overruns, bribes, unused facilities and "incalculable waste," and now the federal auditor of the reconstruction effort is urging Congress to make sure taxpayers are getting their money's worth before spending more.

But, warned an urgently written quarterly report to Congress from the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction, even if Congress gives the OK, auditing how Afghanistan spends the largest rebuilding fund in U.S. history will be difficult after American troops leave in October 2013.

Read more:

“Lets Go - Why Not”

Since: Jun 11

Laredo Tornado

#100618 Feb 7, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
The LAPD is trying to silence a whistleblower or Christopher Dorner is a nutcase with the skills of a killer ?????
Christopher Dorner’s Manifesto (Disturbing Content and Language)
Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-d...
They're going ballistic over here, nervous & hair triggered. I told my boy not to drive his black crewcab around right now.

LA police shoot innocent people in ex-cop manhunt
http://news.yahoo.com/la-police-shoot-innocen...
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#100619 Feb 7, 2013
NuRidersoftheePurpleSage wrote:
<quoted text>
They're going ballistic over here, nervous & hair triggered. I told my boy not to drive his black crewcab around right now.
Targeted by the trigger-happy

The other day I made the mistake of engaging a teenage male in conversation while he was playing the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. He was blasting away at helmeted soldiers in a landscape that looked like a bombed-out Los Angeles.

I asked him what his character was doing.''I'm shooting those guys,'' he said.

''Yes, I see,'' I said,''but who are they? What's your mission?''

''I don't know,'' he said,''I just have to shoot them. I'm in multiplayer'

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/ta...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100620 Feb 7, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes, locked up in a basement, scary. Let's get down to the real nitty-gritty, shall we?
Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan was a registered Muslim Democrat.
Columbine shooters Dylan Klebold's and Eric Harris' parents were registered Democrats.
Aurora, Colorado shooter James Holmes was a registered Democrat, he was a staff worker with the Obama campaign and was an 'Occupy' participant.
Newtown, Conn. shooter Adam Lanza was a registered Democrat who hated Christians.
Wow... your connect the dots to the "Manchurian Candidate Democrat" is typical hyperbole that a nutcase conservative crackpot would muster up while locked in their basement.

I hate to inform you but your cherry-picking 4 instances doesn't impress me much.

Eric Robert Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, James W. Von Brunn, Wade Michael Page were all right wing in ideology and clearly anything but a Democrat.

So much for the "theory" that mass murders are only Democrats.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100621 Feb 7, 2013
NuRidersoftheePurpleSage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup... I think I might have to go out in my ballistic vest today!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100622 Feb 7, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Defense secretary says military readiness crisis coming unless budget cuts are prevented
If the billions of dollars in cuts are allowed to stand, Panetta said, he would have to throw the country’s national defense strategy “out the window,” and the United States would no longer be a first-rate power.“This will badly damage our national defense and compromise our ability to respond to crises in a dangerous world,” Panetta said.
Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congre...
It's a military industrial complex scare tactic.

They know their fat profits will be axed so they spread the fear!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100623 Feb 7, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Targeted by the trigger-happy
The other day I made the mistake of engaging a teenage male in conversation while he was playing the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. He was blasting away at helmeted soldiers in a landscape that looked like a bombed-out Los Angeles.
I asked him what his character was doing.''I'm shooting those guys,'' he said.
''Yes, I see,'' I said,''but who are they? What's your mission?''
''I don't know,'' he said,''I just have to shoot them. I'm in multiplayer'
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/ta...
My boy was stuck on that same game. Btw multiplayer is when you play other people online and your objective is to kill them before you they kill you. If you have a head set, you can talk shit to them as the game goes on. I thought nothing of it till all these damn school shootings were being discussed. Unfortunately there is a thing called "the ring of death" on an X-Box when it overheats.

Too bad for him... no more video games.

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#100624 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup... I think I might have to go out in my ballistic vest today!!
Well if you do, Check this out, and don't forget your hardhat either!

[What a Day for a] DAYDREAM

http://youtu.be/TH6bxo3_Jtk

Lovin' Spoonful
REEL LIFE VIDEOS
From my cold dead hands

Providence, UT

#100625 Feb 7, 2013
News Media Scrub Cop Murderer’s Manifesto of Pro-Obama, Hillary, MSNBC, CNN, Gay, and Anti-Gun Comments

I’ve been following closely the news story about Chris Dorner, who is now suspected of murdering three people, including one police officer, and shooting another two police officers. He is targeting police and their families for what he says is a corrupt system that robbed him of his name and his life.

You can read all the details here.

However, I started noticing that some of the details the media was talking about didn’t fit the released manifesto I’ve read everywhere. Especially interesting, is that KFI’s morning news regurgitator Bill Handel had mentioned some pro-Obama comments and anti-NRA sentiments in the manifesto.

Read more: http://www.soopermexican.com/2013/02/07/news-...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100626 Feb 7, 2013
From my cold dead hands wrote:
News Media Scrub Cop Murderer’s Manifesto of Pro-Obama, Hillary, MSNBC, CNN, Gay, and Anti-Gun Comments
I’ve been following closely the news story about Chris Dorner, who is now suspected of murdering three people, including one police officer, and shooting another two police officers. He is targeting police and their families for what he says is a corrupt system that robbed him of his name and his life.
You can read all the details here.
However, I started noticing that some of the details the media was talking about didn’t fit the released manifesto I’ve read everywhere. Especially interesting, is that KFI’s morning news regurgitator Bill Handel had mentioned some pro-Obama comments and anti-NRA sentiments in the manifesto.
Read more: http://www.soopermexican.com/2013/02/07/news-...
It's another LAPD Rampart Scandal in the making. Dorner was a whistleblower and not the LAPD Brass want his blood!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100627 Feb 7, 2013
not should have been now in previous comment
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#100628 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
6th grade education? Where in Mexico did you attend?
LMAO!!! Can't speak Spanish, don't intend to!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#100629 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I've never ate snake before so help me out here, what's it taste like? I have a corn snake that's about 2-3 feet long and I think about eating it at times.
Some thinks it taste like chicken, I think it taste like jalapenos, never had it made anyother way.
Corn snake, don't they stink!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#100630 Feb 7, 2013
E Piphany wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man. Under Communism, it's just the opposite.
Oh, so women exploits women!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100631 Feb 7, 2013
…and as far as the federal deficit goes, it’s not a problem any more. That’s right, Republicans; it’s not.

In 2009, a combination of stimulus and the worst recession in 80 years pushed the government to an unprecedented deficit of $1.4 trillion. But four years later, in 2013, we've made a lot of progress in stabilizing the deficit, which doesn't seem to be fully appreciated by those who continue to fret (and you know who you are). We had a $1.4 trillion deficit in 2009 (deficit as a % of GDP: 10.1%), but it has since come down by nearly a third, to $1.03 trillion (deficit as a % of GDP: 6.2%)

Two things have happened.

• One is that the economy has gotten stronger. There are 4.7 million more people working today than there were in 2010, which increases tax revenue. And total federal spending has increased just marginally (less than 1%) since 2009 as stimulus spending tapers off. Put those two together, and you get a smaller deficit.

• The second is the bigger change. It comes from two rounds of deficit-reduction bills Congress and the president hammered out over the last 18 months. The first was in 2011, when the Budget Control Act mandated a spending sequestration that begins this year. The second was the more recent fiscal-cliff negotiations, which raised tax rates on those earning more than $400,000 a year.
As a result of one and two, debt as a share of GDP is set to stabilize next year and decline until 2018.
Rico

Rowland Heights, CA

#100632 Feb 7, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Can't speak Spanish, don't intend to!
I was just messing with ya. Not sure if you know but public education ends at the 6th grade in Mexico thus the reason I said that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 5 min firefly123 474
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min John Galt 1,277,113
News Rubio Blasts Obama's Normalization With 'Tyrann... 13 min WE JUST DONT CARE 11
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 17 min Inquisitive 26
News Clinton: Email, Benghazi Inquiries Part of GOP ... 42 min Synque 102
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 48 min HNC 3,307
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 2 hr Synque 89
More from around the web