The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341283 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#100544 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I still miss PH.
His farmer soliloquy was exceptional.
He was 'one of a kind' wasn't he ... ;0)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100545 Feb 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You wake up loser! You are still a nobody! Oh, and nobody cares what you think either.
I do.

"mdbuilder" and I go way back. Though he'll remember me under a different screen name, I've always respected (and laughed along with) most of his opinions.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100546 Feb 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read, write and speak English idiot!
Sorry DP!
You are 'wrong'...
He came across quite WELL ...

ABOVE "most" on here ;0)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100547 Feb 6, 2013
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#100548 Feb 6, 2013
“It is, I think, an indisputable fact that Americans are, as Americans, the most self-conscious people in the world, and the most addicted to the belief that the other nations are in a conspiracy to under-value them”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#100549 Feb 6, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep !!
Mother, two children die in shooting at 49th and Pearl in Denver; 3rd child in critical condition
Family: Mother likely the shooter
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-ne...
Dumb A$$$$$

Calexico - Ballad of Cable Hogue

Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#100550 Feb 6, 2013
Armed with an RPG wrote:
2 rocket launchers turned in during Los Angeles gun buyback
“Life is, in fact, a battle. Evil is insolent and strong: beauty
enchanting but rare; goodness very apt to be weak; folly very apt to be
defiant; wickedness to carry the day; imbeciles to be in great places,
peolpe of sense in small, and mankind generally unhappy. But the world as
it stands is no illusion, no phantasm, no evil dream of a night; we wake
up to it again for ever and ever; we can neither forget it nor deny it
nor dispense with it.”

Location hidden

#100551 Feb 6, 2013
Calexico & Mariachi Luz de Luna - El Cascabel

Location hidden

#100552 Feb 6, 2013
Mariachi Sol de Mexico- El Rey de La Huasteca

Location hidden

#100553 Feb 6, 2013
Cypress Hill - Armada Latina ft. Pitbull, Marc Anthony

&pl aynext=1&list=PL0277DC7673 E7D6BC&feature=results_mai n

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100554 Feb 7, 2013
huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I mis-acronym-ed, here you are, a link to a practise test: http://1889885.r.msn.com/...
I've hobnobbed with reps of all the branches- choosing a branch isn't about your score -qualifying-you-for-a-particul ar-branch, it's about what appeals to you. If you choose the Air Force (for example), and you're not pilot material. promotions are hard to come by. Combat Arms (Army, Marines) will get you promoted much faster, provided you can "...provide purpose, direction and motivation to accomplish the mission while working to improve the organization", but medical specialties will almost gaurantee a commission in ANY branch. In short, it's what you bring to the table regardless of what table you choose to "sit".
I provided you a link with facts, and it IS, indeed, about a score. If you don't score high enough, some branches of service don't have a slot for you and won't sign you up. It's that simple. Now, you may never go to the Navy recruiter because you don't want to spend your career on a ship somewhere, or maybe you're afraid of heights and The Air Force leaves you cold, but you also may not be qualified for the Navy which has a higher standard for who they enlist than does the Army. This is a fact. It's right there in black and white and blue and gold on the site. We were simply discussing the basics of enlistment. Now, you've danced off into "specialties". We weren't discussing ROTC to the best of my knowledge.

This started with a discussion about women in combat positions. The Marines and The Army have a dearth of women in high positions who didn't come equipped with a specialty degree and ROTC background. It is particularly those women who haven't had the opportunity up 'til now to advance because they were frequently not given the opportunity to prove themselves. Now, they will be able to do so if we continue to be in war zones going forward.

I leave you with Ann Dunwoody's words:

When Dunwoody first became a Soldier, women served in the Women's Army Corps and "it was not equal," she said. But much has changed since then.

"Over the last 38 years I have had the opportunity to witness women Soldiers jump out of airplanes, hike 10 miles, lead men and women, even under the toughest circumstances," she said. "And over the last 11 years I've had the honor to serve with many of the 250,000 women who have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan on battlefields where there are no clear lines, battlefields where every man and woman had to be a rifleman first. And today, women are in combat, that is just a reality. Thousands of women have been decorated for valor and 146 have given their lives. Today, what was once a band of brothers has truly become a band of brothers and sisters."

Here's her story, a woman whose life was always about the Army:

First female four-star general retires from Army
http://www.army.mil/article/85606/

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#100555 Feb 7, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI
There are times to talk politics, and a time for religion. Talking to your grandchildren about either is not feasible until they are older, and understand what it is you are actually telling them. Me and MINE have BETTER things to talk about, like having FUN!
Some people love to bake in the sun, same as some do not. I'm the type that loves being outdoors. As for my grandchildren, you need to leave those out of your mouth. You have NO business whatsoever talking about them. Shows how 'classless' you are by even mentioning them.
I will tell you, I had my 16 year old out today, in my lil red Roadster teaching him/her(NO business of yours)how to drive. So that blows your negative theory all to hades. Just because your life is filled with negative energy, doesn't mean everyone's is.
If, I'm as dumb as Aunt B's box of rocks, per se, how did I ever end up driving the Roadster, that I bought as a present for myself two weeks after I retired. They do not lose their value, so it is a great investment, plus it means I'm not paying it in taxes to the obama admin, to spend on FRAUDS like you.
A proven one, so I've read.=)
If your life is so grand, why do you always assume the worst in others? Why wouldn't you assume that their life is as grand as yours? The negative life you parrot off onto others is more than likely your own truth. Just because you don't agree on a person's political stance is absolutely no reason to assume that a person would not have as good a life, as the one you seem to portray on here.
Right?
I responded to YOU bringing up grandchildren, oh clueless one. YOU brought them up in your post. What do you want, Hi-Ho? Do you want me to lie to make YOU feel better? Life is like a mountain railroad - lots of ups and downs, and I'm old enough to have been through mountain climbs and valley plunges. No mater how good or bad things are at any given moment, you should never grow complacent. Life is always subject to change. All we can do is adapt to change which is just about the only certainty there is. You can never be to "high" for too long or too "low" either. Otherwise, you'd never have joy or know pain - both an integral part of being human.

“American & Cowgirl by Birth”

Since: Jan 13

Dodge City, KS

#100556 Feb 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I responded to YOU bringing up grandchildren, oh clueless one. YOU brought them up in your post. What do you want, Hi-Ho? Do you want me to lie to make YOU feel better? Life is like a mountain railroad - lots of ups and downs, and I'm old enough to have been through mountain climbs and valley plunges. No mater how good or bad things are at any given moment, you should never grow complacent. Life is always subject to change. All we can do is adapt to change which is just about the only certainty there is. You can never be to "high" for too long or too "low" either. Otherwise, you'd never have joy or know pain - both an integral part of being human.
I most certainly DID bring them up! I can, they are mine. At the least I do not sit on here talking about myself all day, like you, you selfish wench. They could have been anyone's I was responding about. I'm on here for the future of our country, yours and mine. That is IF yours is even America.

Do you have any grandchildren? I want everyone's grandchildren to have a Country to grow up in like I did! Not just the Conservatives! I'm made THAT way. Not selfish one iota. But when it comes to my grandchildren ...

I AM SELFISH & PROTECTIVE!

You began to be condescending to me, using "my" grandchildren.
Do NOT EVER go there again, you worthless proven FRAUD! You continue showing just how worthless you are, with each consecutive post you make to me.

I'm NOT your kind, and with God's help, I hope to NEVER be.
Quirky The Eye

Denver, CO

#100557 Feb 7, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb A$$$$$
Calexico - Ballad of Cable Hogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N0Ur3b2FPHsXX
Shove it Ya little pretender!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#100558 Feb 7, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly DID bring them up! I can, they are mine. At the least I do not sit on here talking about myself all day, like you, you selfish wench. They could have been anyone's I was responding about. I'm on here for the future of our country, yours and mine. That is IF yours is even America.
Do you have any grandchildren? I want everyone's grandchildren to have a Country to grow up in like I did! Not just the Conservatives! I'm made THAT way. Not selfish one iota. But when it comes to my grandchildren ...
I AM SELFISH & PROTECTIVE!
You began to be condescending to me, using "my" grandchildren.
Do NOT EVER go there again, you worthless proven FRAUD! You continue showing just how worthless you are, with each consecutive post you make to me.
I'm NOT your kind, and with God's help, I hope to NEVER be.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't defrauded anybody. Yes, I have grandchildren: two living, one deceased. So, there were three in my life and two still bless me with their company. One is 7 years old, one is 22 years old. Both are wonderful.

I don't know what you think I do or what I'm about, and I don't know what you BELIEVE you're doing by posting garbage 24/7 here - nothing factual or helpful. However, I have taken the time to study illegal immigration and the harm it causes, and I have some ideas that could be useful - or not, depending on your point of view.

You aren't benefiting anybody by posting links to WND, Breitbart and some of your more zany sites with a specific agenda: discrediting our President with lies, lies and more d*mned lies, and trying desperately to misinform. I don't know what you hope to accomplish. The election is over. Obama won. End of story.

But, hey! Suit yourself. I just scroll. You can do likewise. Try to resist the urge to engage me, and you'll probably be a much happier troll regardless of which face you wear.

It's funny that you chide me for talking about myself while informing me about yourself and your stuff. I don't recall giving YOU a rough time about it. Think about that. I hope your roadster gives you many years of pleasure and your grandchild passes the road test with flying colors.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100559 Feb 7, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony!!!
No That would be you you little chicken choking Douche! Now shut it or I`ll sick Frito On you. He will shut you up!
BWA HA HA HA HA !
"Tony!" ?

Quirky, honestly, what is wrong with you? Nothing you do or try to do, can or will, ever, "shut" me up. I laugh at your dum azz on a daily basis because you are literally a joke to me. Plain and simple.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100560 Feb 7, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
f ing bozo, the majority of our criminals and murderers come from the ranks of democrats, take your racism and shove it.
Flagged and reported for personal attacks and being an extremely stupid troll that makes no sense. ;)

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100561 Feb 7, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Caucasian 1 Year Old Child is Pregnant
http://virtualfunzone.com/1-year-old-child-is...
Surely, this is nonsense.

“Life is what you make of it”

The good ol' USA

#100563 Feb 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I provided you a link with facts, and it IS, indeed, about a score. If you don't score high enough, some branches of service don't have a slot for you and won't sign you up. It's that simple. Now, you may never go to the Navy recruiter because you don't want to spend your career on a ship somewhere, or maybe you're afraid of heights and The Air Force leaves you cold, but you also may not be qualified for the Navy which has a higher standard for who they enlist than does the Army. This is a fact. It's right there in black and white and blue and gold on the site. We were simply discussing the basics of enlistment. Now, you've danced off into "specialties". We weren't discussing ROTC to the best of my knowledge.
This started with a discussion about women in combat positions. The Marines and The Army have a dearth of women in high positions who didn't come equipped with a specialty degree and ROTC background. It is particularly those women who haven't had the opportunity up 'til now to advance because they were frequently not given the opportunity to prove themselves. Now, they will be able to do so if we continue to be in war zones going forward.
I leave you with Ann Dunwoody's words:
When Dunwoody first became a Soldier, women served in the Women's Army Corps and "it was not equal," she said. But much has changed since then.
"Over the last 38 years I have had the opportunity to witness women Soldiers jump out of airplanes, hike 10 miles, lead men and women, even under the toughest circumstances," she said. "And over the last 11 years I've had the honor to serve with many of the 250,000 women who have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan on battlefields where there are no clear lines, battlefields where every man and woman had to be a rifleman first. And today, women are in combat, that is just a reality. Thousands of women have been decorated for valor and 146 have given their lives. Today, what was once a band of brothers has truly become a band of brothers and sisters."
Here's her story, a woman whose life was always about the Army:
First female four-star general retires from Army
http://www.army.mil/article/85606/
I'm not disputing the requirements, Ma'am, I'm telling you what you would find if you could look. Higher scores in the combat arms. Also, higher APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) scores, which sadly are ALSO used to determine promotions. In my observations, I've determined that everyone wants to BE Infantry, but too few want to EARN it. Here's a funny but sad fact: In Iraq, IF an Air Force member has to share accomodations with Army in the Army's quarters (like a quanset hut) they are eligible for an extra HUNDRED bucks a day for the discomfort "suffered"- weenies.

“Life is what you make of it”

The good ol' USA

#100564 Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone remember how much attention the self-enduced death of Whitney Houston was addressed by the WH? Compare THAT to the <crickets chirping> addressing of the War Hero Chris Kyle's murder. One was an Obama supporter with presence and star power and money, the other saved hundreds of lives of fellow Americans. Quite a statement of priorities, ain't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,277,263
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 11 min Go Blue Forever 101
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,977
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 42 min Denny CranesPlace 10
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 45 min rfirma1 485
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Mothra 54,555
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 1 hr nhjeff 35
More from around the web