The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393377 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100289 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Twisting? Did your definition of liberal not specifically mention wealth distribution?
Like I said before, ask minority conservatives how tolerant liberals are of their views.
The only thing twisting here is you - in the wind.
"Ask minority conservatives"

Ok, where do those two live???
Pilgrim In Aryan Land

Indianapolis, IN

#100292 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Pilgrim is a euphemism for illegal alien & squatter.
Too many ghetto dwellers and prevaricators on this thread. Way too many illegals and pro-illegals, too.
Pathetic

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100294 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose to dismiss it because of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Hey, maybe it was true 25-30 years ago, but these days liberal tolerance is a fallacy, an outright myth.
It may be true, that liberal tolerance of Conservative hatred and stupidity has become somewhat thin, but let's face it, there's only so much you can tolerate until a stand must be made for what is right. As was done with slavery, prejudice, via civil rights. Rico made some great points about "Conservatism" in a previous post on where our country would be if Conservatives were allowed free reign. God instead of science, slavery, racism, war, ignorance...people like Sarah Palin running the country. Nightmare.

No, liberal tolerance is indeed a reality and still in tact. After all look how I tolerate you.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100295 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ask minority conservatives"
Ok, where do those two live???
Marco Rubio :)

On a conference call with reporters this morning, the Republican State Leadership Committee announced the formation of the Future Majority Caucus, an initiative to recruit and support women and minority candidates. It will be led by Republican governors Susana Martinez(M) of New Mexico and Brian Sandoval(M) of Nevada.

Governor Martinez recalled that her conversion from a registered Democrat to a Republican occurred when Republican friends reached out to her and had a “sincere conversation” about issues. She emphasized that Republicans will appeal to Hispanics only “if we are careful about our tone and really listen and not be condescending about what we think they want or need.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/339967/g...

)8~D>

Since: Nov 10

Willies head WV

#100296 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, you're so sweet! lol
Hugs back at ya! ;)
Awwww! Thank you!((HUGS))

Since: Nov 10

Willies head WV

#100297 Feb 6, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Figgy!
Isn't it funny how we all have so many socks we never know which to wear on Wednesday? My friend PhreakkyPhroggy say's hello! ;) Ribbitt!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GB2yiIoEtXwXX
OMG! I know you!((HUGS))
Nice to see you!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100298 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ask minority conservatives"
Ok, where do those two live???
Maybe minority conservatives could be log cabin republicans, you know the republicans that republicans shun for being gay!!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100299 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. You're too stupid to argue with.
"Investment"? Don't make me puke. That's just liberal-talk for more tax & spend. You're like the Grinch telling Little Cindy Lou Who: "Why, no, I'm not stealing your Christmas tree. There's a light out on top and I'm just taking it to my workshop to repair it."
When a politician walks into the room, put your hand on your wallet. When he speaks, get ready for more BS. But when he says he'll "invest" your money for you, and you believe it?! Then go ahead and give him ALL of your money. Because you're a damn fool. And you know what they say about a fool and his money, don't you?
I don't pay any attention to politician speak. I'd prefer to be informed by reading what economists have to say. You, on the other hand, seem not to have the history lessons of economics at your fingertips. It takes spending cuts, increased revenues and INVESTMENT in the economy to recover from such a major hit as we've sustained. The biggest complaint from economists about Obama's stimulus is that it wasn't BIG enough - not that he used stimulus. Do you get it?

We have a crumbling infrastructure, and if we intend to compete with China and India, we'd better get our show on the road to repair it. If we try to "fix" our problems off the backs of the middle-class taxpayers in America, where the h*ll are the consumers coming from who have historically boosted the economy via spending? If they have no disposable income, where's the market for the goods and services produced by American businesses? Overseas? Well, fine. They can go wherever it works for them, but what happens to THIS nation and our living standards?

See, we have a difference in focus. I'm focused on the quality of life in America, and I believe that as it declines, so declines the motivation of arguably the most productive work force in the world. If your efforts result in NO improvement, why work so hard? If you demotivate American labor, we're headed for an even bigger fall than some predict already.

I may be stupid, but I'm not crazy. I operate from common sense. The single greatest investment we can make is in EDUCATING our people - all of them, not just the sons and daughters of the wealthy.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100300 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be true, that liberal tolerance of Conservative hatred and stupidity has become somewhat thin, but let's face it, there's only so much you can tolerate until a stand must be made for what is right. As was done with slavery, prejudice, via civil rights. Rico made some great points about "Conservatism" in a previous post on where our country would be if Conservatives were allowed free reign. God instead of science, slavery, racism, war, ignorance...people like Sarah Palin running the country. Nightmare.
No, liberal tolerance is indeed a reality and still in tact. After all look how I tolerate you.
I'm FINISHED "tolerating" any BULLCHIT!

From "you" or any IDIOT on this board.
``````````

This "Conservative" IS: Open Minded

Open minded
1. Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.

Open minded people have views but know that their views do not have to be held by everyone. Open minded people also know that their views can be wrong.

2.Open minded
An ability to not dismiss an idea with sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.
Rather than preaching an intolerant ideal of "tolerance" you should strive to be more open minded.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Written WITH "sneering CONTEMPT" for a LIAR. I'm NOT as tolerant as I was when I first came on here, because of the "sneering CONTEMPT" towards me.

Furthermore, I have learned these SNAKES have NO respect for anyone BUT each other, with their IDIOTIC tale of "tolerance" ... They also have NO self respect. imo

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100301 Feb 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm FINISHED "tolerating" any BULLCHIT!
From "you" or any IDIOT on this board.
``````````
This "Conservative" IS: Open Minded
Open minded
1. Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.
Open minded people have views but know that their views do not have to be held by everyone. Open minded people also know that their views can be wrong.
2.Open minded
An ability to not dismiss an idea with sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.
Rather than preaching an intolerant ideal of "tolerance" you should strive to be more open minded.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Written WITH "sneering CONTEMPT" for a LIAR. I'm NOT as tolerant as I was when I first came on here, because of the "sneering CONTEMPT" towards me.
Furthermore, I have learned these SNAKES have NO respect for anyone BUT each other, with their IDIOTIC tale of "tolerance" ... They also have NO self respect. imo
Yawn.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100302 Feb 6, 2013
Pilgrim In Aryan Land wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many ghetto dwellers and prevaricators on this thread. Way too many illegals and pro-illegals, too.
Pathetic
It's hard to believe that “settlers” "crusaders" "opportunist" "heretics" "outcast"... and the rest of the Anglo trash who called themselves pilgrims from Europe in the 17th century arrived in lands where there were no existing societies. The insinuation that the East Coast was unoccupied & unclaimed territories free for the taking.

Pathetic indeed!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100303 Feb 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm FINISHED "tolerating" any BULLCHIT!
From "you" or any IDIOT on this board.
``````````
This "Conservative" IS: Open Minded
Open minded
1. Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.
Open minded people have views but know that their views do not have to be held by everyone. Open minded people also know that their views can be wrong.
2.Open minded
An ability to not dismiss an idea with sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.
Rather than preaching an intolerant ideal of "tolerance" you should strive to be more open minded.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Written WITH "sneering CONTEMPT" for a LIAR. I'm NOT as tolerant as I was when I first came on here, because of the "sneering CONTEMPT" towards me.
Furthermore, I have learned these SNAKES have NO respect for anyone BUT each other, with their IDIOTIC tale of "tolerance" ... They also have NO self respect. imo
So you're a progressive conservative?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100304 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe minority conservatives could be log cabin republicans, you know the republicans that republicans shun for being gay!!
The reality is, that the few "token" minority Pubs politicians have purposefully been pushed to the forefront, now that Republicans have been been forced to ACCEPT the reality that minorities carry power with their vote.

It's desperation on the part of the Republican party, it's disingenuous, and imo, will likely add to the resentment minorities already have towards the party, for the years of Republicans turning their nose up to minorities. Just the way it is.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100305 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I've presented you with the facts...
Facts? Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Good one!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100307 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be true, that liberal tolerance of Conservative hatred and stupidity has become somewhat thin, but let's face it, there's only so much you can tolerate until a stand must be made for what is right.
Bullshit. Hatred and stupidity knows no political party. Ask any minority that dares claim they are a conservative.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#100309 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
You're learning well little grasshopper!!!
I should think that I should have to. Wouldn't you say? In that case the term "beaner" wouldn't be racist, right?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#100310 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
I'll see that yawn and raise ya an eye roll.

What's with Gus goin' all butch on us?

;)

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100311 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is, that the few "token" minority Pubs politicians have purposefully been pushed to the forefront, now that Republicans have been been forced to ACCEPT the reality that minorities carry power with their vote.
It's desperation on the part of the Republican party, it's disingenuous, and imo, will likely add to the resentment minorities already have towards the party, for the years of Republicans turning their nose up to minorities. Just the way it is.
Republicans are now trying to rebrand themselves without changing a thing about themselves. Stay tuned, this should be interesting.

“Life is what you make of it”

Since: Jan 13

The good ol' USA

#100312 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatism is a closed minded ideology. If they had their ways, women would still be property, blacks would still be slaves and they'd all dress like drag queens wearing whigs while walking around calling their employers "Governor" as they take a drag of their fag while supping on tea from Britain.
Hmmmm, wasn't it you in an earlier post that labeled our Founding Fathers as liberals, and NOW refer to Conservatism in their memory?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100314 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't brag too much, "Rico", as your name is Spanish for "rich", which is pretty much all the settlers from Spain came to the New World for: to get rich. They were just as ruthless as any other European who arrived here.
If you'd like to go back farther, say to those conquerers speaking "Latin", namely the Romans, it gets worse. The original Latinos (the Romans) went about colonizing almost the entire known world. They didn't do it with flowers & love songs, but with sword, fire and slaughter.
Thanks for the advice but this is all irrelevant to the discussion between the pilgrim bigot boy and I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques in Orleans 222,304
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,417,366
News News 9 Mins Ago White House says feds doing the... 18 min Mizike67 35
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Serratus Anterior 61,001
News Obama to tour Louisiana amid criticism that he'... 41 min Captain Yesterday 22
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 1 hr WeTheSheeple 350
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 1 hr Tn clm 6,266
More from around the web