The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 4,193)

Showing posts 83,841 - 83,860 of218,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you view this as a conflict between dems and pubs? There we go again. It always has to be a partisan issue. Yet, I'm absolutely positive that there are dems who oppose an assault weapons ban and pubs who support one. I know that for a fact. But, here's a Texas poll that's interesting:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/...
January 30, 2013
TEXANS SUPPORT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN, MIXED ON CORNYN
...Overall on the issue of guns Texans say they trust the NRA over President Obama by a 47/43 margin.
And despite all of that 49% of Texas voters support an assault weapons ban to just 41% opposed to it. Most Democrats support it, independents favor it by a 53/34 margin, and even among Republicans 23% support it. We've found support for the assault weapons ban everywhere we've polled it, but it's particularly striking to see that voters favor it in a pro-gun, anti-Obama state like Texas.
Party Identity in a Gun Cabinet

It will come as no surprise to those with a passing interest in American politics that Republicans are more likely to own guns than Democrats. But the differences have become much more stark in recent years, with gun ownership having become one of the clearest examples of the partisan polarization in the country over the last two decades.

Read more: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No, embarking on a quest. My legal right.
Well you shouldn't threaten people with your "quests", legal right or not. ;)
MrDouche

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Just wash the rotten thing Rosie for Petes sake

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MrDouche wrote:
Coward.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again! The constitution is an evolutionary document containing amendments. The policing of legal or illegal aliens falls under the policy and guidelines set forth by the Attorney General that trickle down to the enforcement branches of ICE.
Due process has nothing to do with "reciprocal treaty process." All that means is if they do it to us, then we do it to them. Once here, they're subject to due process in the form of a deportation hearing, where an Immigration Judge determines what benefits, if any, are warranted and what violations have been committed.
Over 40% of illegals are overstays.
"reciprocal treaty process" has everything to do with due process, were it not for treaties this nation could not prosecute any visiting aliens, we would have to depend upon the aliens country of origin to do so.

Since: Oct 07

illumination

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like those COMP tests they give to "idiots" before letting them into 'technical' college.
What a cr@ppy thing to say about your hard-working fellow Americans.
ANON PROXY PUZZIE LOCATER

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MrDouche wrote:
Anonymous Proxy puzzie tactics. The last line of defense of a desperate dying breed.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>It has been established that illegals are covered by our Constitution/Declaration of Independence as long as they are here.
they must obey the laws as set forth by treaties, but they are never subject to the jurisdiction of the US Constitution, only citizens are "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof".
Illegal aliens have any rights, since they have violated all treaties between the US and their country of origin.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
Will someone please start a remedial English Forum?
But the right wing nuts think they can spells and spokes wrong and itz OKEdoKe cuz der all aMERIKANS!!!

ROLF!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like those COMP tests they give to "idiots" before letting them into 'technical' college.
They're called placement testing and just about everyone has to take them. Had you gone to college, you too would have taken those exact tests. Apparently the furthest you've gone with higher education is when you get educated here on Topix.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the problem with reading a fairy tale dream as opposed to what the senate and president is offering.. A pipe dream on topix is just that and the reason I will not waste the time with it..
Eagle
You seem to be wasting a lot of your time telling us what you think of the proposal being made rather than telling us what you think of what the proposal actually says.

What's so productive about that?

Immigration reform is coming and if the people don't discuss alternative ideas and put pressure on their elected representatives to include those ideas in the final outcome then we are simply going to be saddled with Washington's latest version of amnesty and a path to citizenship.

Is that what you want, because that's exactly what you're going to get if we don't get busy and get invovled.

"NO" isn't an option anymore if it ever really was in the first place and right now may be our last chance to do something about it.
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
But the right wing nuts think they can spells and spokes wrong and itz OKEdoKe cuz der all aMERIKANS!!!
ROLF!!!
Illustrating duo creates comic book to help students master grammar

The book takes those hard-to-understand grammar concepts subjects, predicates, punctuation marks, and parts of speech and presents them as individual superheroes. Each one has specific powers to help students learn the grammar rules associated with each concept. For example, the Completion Team consists of two superheroes the Subject and the Predicate and together they form a complete sentence. The Subject has four super powers (including those of number, compound, and invisibility) that help him accomplish his goal. Preciado and Montijo have done an excellent job of using the superhero theme to explain each concept in simple terms with visual examples.

Read more: http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/30/illustrating-...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was so true then why were you all up in Bill Clintons sex life? Nobody seen what he was dong yet you and your voyeurist Republican party seems to want to know all about Clintons sex life.... and held hearing on it too.
Fcking perverts.
I could have cared less what Bill did, his problem wasn't sex, his problem was lying about it, when caught!
If you are going to fiddle around, make sure you fiddle with tight lipped fiddler and not in the Oval Office.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have acquired all the firearms I own through private sales and inheritance. It's not illegal to own a firearm and there are no laws requiring me to register the firearms that I own. However, I believe that the gun control legislation being proposed is a start at forcing all law abiding citizens who have a firearm to report their weapons and pay a fee or a fine.
Currently, If I sell a firearm to an acquaintance there is no law requiring me to fill out papers or run a background check on my acquaintance. He/she simply hands me what I want and I had him/her what she wants.
If the proposed legislation turns to law, I will have to comply with the same requirements as a licensed gun dealer or face fines and perhaps imprisonment. Should I follow the law, I would have to bring my merchandise and prospective customer to a licensed dealer, pay that licensed dealer a fee and hope that licensed dealer doesn't steal my customer after passing the background check.
Not only would this legislation screw private citizens wanting to sell or trade, it would also create tens of thousands of soft targets for federal agents to make a name for themselves busting private citizens who are now criminals for doing what they have been doing for centuries.
The Agency enforcing the proposed legislation would go to congress asking for thousands of new agents needed to enforce the rampant criminal activity and congress will approve the request and borrow hundreds of billions to fund it.
This proposed legislation is not about saving lives. It's all about money, power and control for the proponents and it will not stop with assault rifles and high capacity magazines. It will only lead to the end of the 2nd amendment and the beginning of tyranny.
"It will only lead to the end of the 2nd amendment and the beginning of tyranny."

Rhetoric, propoganda, nonsense and paranoia, or is this more of that sarcasm that I never quite get?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<propaganda>

American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>"reciprocal treaty process" has everything to do with due process, were it not for treaties this nation could not prosecute any visiting aliens, we would have to depend upon the aliens country of origin to do so.
Hi JD ...
So "HAPPY" to SEE you!

Let's Keep on KEEPING on! <3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a cr@ppy thing to say about your hard-working fellow Americans.
Serously.

She claims to be a patriot and then mocks American citizens that are making the effort to improve their job skills and training.

Reminds me of Santorum mocking the idea of making higher education available to as many Americans as possible.

There's a reason "smart people" are never going to support their agenda.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi JD ...
So "HAPPY" to SEE you!
Let's Keep on KEEPING on! <3
Hi AL!! Started this post five minute ago, all I got posted was, Hi AL then nothing, had to go to home and come back.
Most days it is a major task to get one sentence posted.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be wasting a lot of your time telling us what you think of the proposal being made rather than telling us what you think of what the proposal actually says.
What's so productive about that?
Immigration reform is coming and if the people don't discuss alternative ideas and put pressure on their elected representatives to include those ideas in the final outcome then we are simply going to be saddled with Washington's latest version of amnesty and a path to citizenship.
Is that what you want, because that's exactly what you're going to get if we don't get busy and get invovled.
"NO" isn't an option anymore if it ever really was in the first place and right now may be our last chance to do something about it.
Ummmm I have made several post about the senate's guidelines.. I am not posting about a pipe dream just hard facts.. If I wanted to comment on a pipe dream I would ask Ralff to repost the BP officers plan..

Eagle

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I could have cared less what Bill did, his problem wasn't sex, his problem was lying about it, when caught!
If you are going to fiddle around, make sure you fiddle with tight lipped fiddler and not in the Oval Office.
People like you have to believe that it was great to allow Ken Starr to spend $90 million dollars to attack Clinton because no other U.S. presidents have been unfaithful to their wives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,841 - 83,860 of218,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••