The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99238 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>If I "lowered the boom" or "raised the boom" you people would still call it a threat.
Personally I am very glad the material was reposted. It should have never been taken down in the first place, IMHO, and why it was, I'll never know.
Posit, I called it a threat because it sounded like, a threat. You didn't "lower the boom", did you? You posted, "wait till I lower the boom on him" and spoke of all the posts you "had". Now either you were speaking of an action you are planning on fulfilling or you were making a threat. Why continue playing these games?

It's good to know as far as Ntr's posts are concerned that you are on the right side of right.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99240 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not okay to spread disinformation and propaganda. It's the equivalent of gossip without basis and no facts to back it up. All it is designed to do is inflame. There are thousands of resources on the web where your CAN get verified information, and when you're not sure, you can go to sites that operate to set the record straight.
Opinion? Yes, everybody has one, and it's fine to post an opinion piece that backs your own POV, but posting links from sites widely known to push lies and slander as fact? That does NOBODY a favor.
The bottom line and the point is is that disinformation and propaganda is being spread in favor of both sides of any issue and that
is what disguises the absolute truth of any matter.
All sides are to blame equally and the media as a whole has "evolved" into a social circus intended to feed the masses what they desperately want to hear just to appease them withthout presenting the raw facts and truth only. IMO of course.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99242 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you point me to the specific language? I'm sorry, but maybe I'm out of the loop on that. Does the legislation require you to surrender any weapon you already own? I'm sure you wouldn't be able to carry or display it in public, but I didn't know you were required to surrender. My feeling is that there is no reason to publicly display an assault weapon unless the time is nigh that you have no other conceivable option but to use one. And, if so, screw the consequences. You'd be dealing with life or death in the midst of chaos.
At this point no but I consider the whole issue as a smelly foot in the door designed to eventually "Evolve" (that word again" into something even more "fundamentally" sinister.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#99243 Feb 2, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
"But like PJ I am only open to discussion on future bills from the house and senate.."
In that case, why have you been here on Topix for years discussing the immigration issue at all?
I guess we can assume then that nothing YOU post on the issue should be taken seriously. Got it.
You just wanted to dismiss NTR's proposal because you have a petty little spite game going against her, nothing more. You're childish like that though.
For one rosie I have nothing against NTR.. Second if I am given 3 months to live I sure as hell wouldn't plan a vacation next year.. I am willing to discuss that is being proposed in todays time..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#99244 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no you did't Eagle. In most states it's illegal to be paid under the table. But it sure isn't illegal to be paid cash! Not in your state, not in most states and that's the thing. You don't know if someone is being paid under the table when they receive cash or not.
So just for your information seeing someone being paid cash doesn't mean it's all under the table.
Isn't that what I stated about being paid under the table??

"EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference in "illegal labor" and "illegal alien labor" on jobsites?? In my state if you are paid under the table its illegal.. Get it?? Even our day-labor sites take out taxes and cover them with WC.."

"You don't know if someone is being paid under the table when they receive cash or not."

Now here you backing up.. The discussion with DP was about roofing contractors using day labor.. Thats illegal unless they are made employee's.. The roofing contractor has to pay the labor site for labor and not cash on the spot..

http://www.fubaworkerscomp.com/upload_documen...

Eagle

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99245 Feb 2, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It would only subject you to fines or imprisonment if you are telling us right here and now that you intend to violate the law regardless of what it says.
We have "gun control" laws now, weak as they may be.
Are you currently in violation of those laws?
As the laws stand now I am not in violation of any gun laws.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#99246 Feb 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I read it a bit differently Jax. It didn't look to me like a unique data base but one that the Government already has established.
Thats the problem with reading a fairy tale dream as opposed to what the senate and president is offering.. A pipe dream on topix is just that and the reason I will not waste the time with it..

Eagle

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99247 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>At this point no but I consider the whole issue as a smelly foot in the door designed to eventually "Evolve" (that word again" into something even more "fundamentally" sinister.
Okay, Posit. You have gone straight for the "fear factor" which is, indeed, being hyped that this proposal is only a first step to taking away our guns. I don't agree with you. We already had an almost identical ban on assault weapons for a long time without anything sinister happening. I hope you recognize that even the folks who would support this ban would fight a circle saw to defend their Second Amendment rights to bear arms? I know I would. I'm not giving mine up, and I have no doubt whatsoever that there are many millions of Americans (by significant majority) who feel exactly the same way. The difference between some of us is that we truly believe we have the right to protect and defend our families against criminals who wish them harm. I'm not of the mindset or believe that, regardless of what weapons I have, I could overthrow the government with guns. And, even more important to me, is that I keep my eyes on how to protect our homeland, to keep it a land of opportunity and freedoms - with liberty and justice for all;-)

Now, I know that just sounds so sentimental mushy (LOL), but I actually do believe that's what we ALL must work to protect and defend. I just believe we do it with our votes, with protest, and with every tool within the law that is available to us short of destroying that which is the very foundation of the Republic - structure under The Constitution. It's not likely that we'd ever be able to return to what we have again in over a 100 year period - if even then. Let's not screw it up with divisiveness and extremism.

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99248 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No, I asked it. Please learn to distinguish the difference between a question mark and a period.
Oh please, you learn to distinguish between sarcasm and taking anything YOU say seriously. You generally have nothing to say, so you nitpick and play childish little word games.

Get real and grow up already.

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99249 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I am honored but don't assume that because I am that you think or feel about anything but you. LOL
Huh? Would you mind re-writing that in a coherent sentence please?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99250 Feb 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Posit, I called it a threat because it sounded like, a threat. You didn't "lower the boom", did you? You posted, "wait till I lower the boom on him" and spoke of all the posts you "had". Now either you were speaking of an action you are planning on fulfilling or you were making a threat. Why continue playing these games?
It's good to know as far as Ntr's posts are concerned that you are on the right side of right.
Perhaps I was speaking of the same "action" that many here perform such as scouring through topix and bringing certain old posts forward that expose certain inconsistencies having to do with integrity and conviction in specific individuals.
You know as well as I that many here are playing some form of "game". That "game" starts with many here that compromise their own honesty by posting as multiple identities.
Perhaps you should address those folks about the same issue of "games" because IMO that "action" alone is a complete breach of one's own integrity.

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99251 Feb 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For one rosie I have nothing against NTR.. Second if I am given 3 months to live I sure as hell wouldn't plan a vacation next year.. I am willing to discuss that is being proposed in todays time..
Eagle
What?? Will someone please translate for me today?

I'm out of practice with Topix illiteracy. Anyone?

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99252 Feb 2, 2013
Sigh, a hundred pages of spam and nary an interesting or provocative thought among them.

I've read it all before.

Have a nice day.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#99253 Feb 2, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? Will someone please translate for me today?
I'm out of practice with Topix illiteracy. Anyone?
Just cause you are retarded don't mean everyone else is..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99254 Feb 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cause you are retarded don't mean everyone else is..
Eagle
<shaking head> Thanks for proving my above point, Eagle.

I am by no means "retarded."

And it's "doesn't mean everyone else is."

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99255 Feb 2, 2013
Will someone please start a remedial English Forum?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#99257 Feb 2, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
Will someone please start a remedial English Forum?
You mean like those COMP tests they give to "idiots" before letting them into 'technical' college.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99258 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps I was speaking of the same "action" that many here perform such as scouring through topix and bringing certain old posts forward that expose certain inconsistencies having to do with integrity and conviction in specific individuals.
You know as well as I that many here are playing some form of "game". That "game" starts with many here that compromise their own honesty by posting as multiple identities.
Perhaps you should address those folks about the same issue of "games" because IMO that "action" alone is a complete breach of one's own integrity.
So then you were threatening to take that action? Right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99260 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, Posit. You have gone straight for the "fear factor" which is, indeed, being hyped that this proposal is only a first step to taking away our guns. I don't agree with you. We already had an almost identical ban on assault weapons for a long time without anything sinister happening. I hope you recognize that even the folks who would support this ban would fight a circle saw to defend their Second Amendment rights to bear arms? I know I would. I'm not giving mine up, and I have no doubt whatsoever that there are many millions of Americans (by significant majority) who feel exactly the same way. The difference between some of us is that we truly believe we have the right to protect and defend our families against criminals who wish them harm. I'm not of the mindset or believe that, regardless of what weapons I have, I could overthrow the government with guns. And, even more important to me, is that I keep my eyes on how to protect our homeland, to keep it a land of opportunity and freedoms - with liberty and justice for all;-)
Now, I know that just sounds so sentimental mushy (LOL), but I actually do believe that's what we ALL must work to protect and defend. I just believe we do it with our votes, with protest, and with every tool within the law that is available to us short of destroying that which is the very foundation of the Republic - structure under The Constitution. It's not likely that we'd ever be able to return to what we have again in over a 100 year period - if even then. Let's not screw it up with divisiveness and extremism.
Look at what New York did in the middle of the night.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99261 Feb 2, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, you learn to distinguish between sarcasm and taking anything YOU say seriously. You generally have nothing to say, so you nitpick and play childish little word games.
Get real and grow up already.
You'll never catch up. I am miles ahead of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Earthling-1 47,633
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 9 min d pantz 1,524
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min RealDave 1,130,105
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Earthling-1 33,123
Poll: Economy, health care eclipse social issues 3 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 14
Joe Biden: Senate tie-breaker? 4 hr Hooogle It 1
Record-High Costs Cause Reporters To Jump Ship ... 5 hr Bama Yankee 1

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE