The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336994 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#99249 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I am honored but don't assume that because I am that you think or feel about anything but you. LOL
Huh? Would you mind re-writing that in a coherent sentence please?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#99250 Feb 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Posit, I called it a threat because it sounded like, a threat. You didn't "lower the boom", did you? You posted, "wait till I lower the boom on him" and spoke of all the posts you "had". Now either you were speaking of an action you are planning on fulfilling or you were making a threat. Why continue playing these games?
It's good to know as far as Ntr's posts are concerned that you are on the right side of right.
Perhaps I was speaking of the same "action" that many here perform such as scouring through topix and bringing certain old posts forward that expose certain inconsistencies having to do with integrity and conviction in specific individuals.
You know as well as I that many here are playing some form of "game". That "game" starts with many here that compromise their own honesty by posting as multiple identities.
Perhaps you should address those folks about the same issue of "games" because IMO that "action" alone is a complete breach of one's own integrity.

San Ramon, CA

#99251 Feb 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For one rosie I have nothing against NTR.. Second if I am given 3 months to live I sure as hell wouldn't plan a vacation next year.. I am willing to discuss that is being proposed in todays time..
Eagle
What?? Will someone please translate for me today?

I'm out of practice with Topix illiteracy. Anyone?

San Ramon, CA

#99252 Feb 2, 2013
Sigh, a hundred pages of spam and nary an interesting or provocative thought among them.

I've read it all before.

Have a nice day.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#99253 Feb 2, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? Will someone please translate for me today?
I'm out of practice with Topix illiteracy. Anyone?
Just cause you are retarded don't mean everyone else is..

Eagle

San Ramon, CA

#99254 Feb 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cause you are retarded don't mean everyone else is..
Eagle
<shaking head> Thanks for proving my above point, Eagle.

I am by no means "retarded."

And it's "doesn't mean everyone else is."

San Ramon, CA

#99255 Feb 2, 2013
Will someone please start a remedial English Forum?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#99257 Feb 2, 2013
Will someone please start a remedial English Forum?
You mean like those COMP tests they give to "idiots" before letting them into 'technical' college.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99258 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps I was speaking of the same "action" that many here perform such as scouring through topix and bringing certain old posts forward that expose certain inconsistencies having to do with integrity and conviction in specific individuals.
You know as well as I that many here are playing some form of "game". That "game" starts with many here that compromise their own honesty by posting as multiple identities.
Perhaps you should address those folks about the same issue of "games" because IMO that "action" alone is a complete breach of one's own integrity.
So then you were threatening to take that action? Right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#99260 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, Posit. You have gone straight for the "fear factor" which is, indeed, being hyped that this proposal is only a first step to taking away our guns. I don't agree with you. We already had an almost identical ban on assault weapons for a long time without anything sinister happening. I hope you recognize that even the folks who would support this ban would fight a circle saw to defend their Second Amendment rights to bear arms? I know I would. I'm not giving mine up, and I have no doubt whatsoever that there are many millions of Americans (by significant majority) who feel exactly the same way. The difference between some of us is that we truly believe we have the right to protect and defend our families against criminals who wish them harm. I'm not of the mindset or believe that, regardless of what weapons I have, I could overthrow the government with guns. And, even more important to me, is that I keep my eyes on how to protect our homeland, to keep it a land of opportunity and freedoms - with liberty and justice for all;-)
Now, I know that just sounds so sentimental mushy (LOL), but I actually do believe that's what we ALL must work to protect and defend. I just believe we do it with our votes, with protest, and with every tool within the law that is available to us short of destroying that which is the very foundation of the Republic - structure under The Constitution. It's not likely that we'd ever be able to return to what we have again in over a 100 year period - if even then. Let's not screw it up with divisiveness and extremism.
Look at what New York did in the middle of the night.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#99261 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh please, you learn to distinguish between sarcasm and taking anything YOU say seriously. You generally have nothing to say, so you nitpick and play childish little word games.
Get real and grow up already.
You'll never catch up. I am miles ahead of you.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#99262 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Huh? Would you mind re-writing that in a coherent sentence please?
Why? Learn to comprehend what is said the first time.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#99263 Feb 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you were threatening to take that action? Right?
No, embarking on a quest. My legal right.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#99264 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>As the laws stand now I am not in violation of any gun laws.
I have acquired all the firearms I own through private sales and inheritance. It's not illegal to own a firearm and there are no laws requiring me to register the firearms that I own. However, I believe that the gun control legislation being proposed is a start at forcing all law abiding citizens who have a firearm to report their weapons and pay a fee or a fine.

Currently, If I sell a firearm to an acquaintance there is no law requiring me to fill out papers or run a background check on my acquaintance. He/she simply hands me what I want and I had him/her what she wants.

If the proposed legislation turns to law, I will have to comply with the same requirements as a licensed gun dealer or face fines and perhaps imprisonment. Should I follow the law, I would have to bring my merchandise and prospective customer to a licensed dealer, pay that licensed dealer a fee and hope that licensed dealer doesn't steal my customer after passing the background check.

Not only would this legislation screw private citizens wanting to sell or trade, it would also create tens of thousands of soft targets for federal agents to make a name for themselves busting private citizens who are now criminals for doing what they have been doing for centuries.

The Agency enforcing the proposed legislation would go to congress asking for thousands of new agents needed to enforce the rampant criminal activity and congress will approve the request and borrow hundreds of billions to fund it.

This proposed legislation is not about saving lives. It's all about money, power and control for the proponents and it will not stop with assault rifles and high capacity magazines. It will only lead to the end of the 2nd amendment and the beginning of tyranny.
Psychic

Dallas, TX

#99265 Feb 2, 2013
Learn what anyone can -...
http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7pYHN9iC9I...
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#99266 Feb 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you view this as a conflict between dems and pubs? There we go again. It always has to be a partisan issue. Yet, I'm absolutely positive that there are dems who oppose an assault weapons ban and pubs who support one. I know that for a fact. But, here's a Texas poll that's interesting:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/...
January 30, 2013
TEXANS SUPPORT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN, MIXED ON CORNYN
...Overall on the issue of guns Texans say they trust the NRA over President Obama by a 47/43 margin.
And despite all of that 49% of Texas voters support an assault weapons ban to just 41% opposed to it. Most Democrats support it, independents favor it by a 53/34 margin, and even among Republicans 23% support it. We've found support for the assault weapons ban everywhere we've polled it, but it's particularly striking to see that voters favor it in a pro-gun, anti-Obama state like Texas.
Party Identity in a Gun Cabinet

It will come as no surprise to those with a passing interest in American politics that Republicans are more likely to own guns than Democrats. But the differences have become much more stark in recent years, with gun ownership having become one of the clearest examples of the partisan polarization in the country over the last two decades.

Read more: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...

Location hidden

#99267 Feb 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No, embarking on a quest. My legal right.
Well you shouldn't threaten people with your "quests", legal right or not. ;)
MrDouche

United States

#99269 Feb 2, 2013
Just wash the rotten thing Rosie for Petes sake

Location hidden

#99270 Feb 2, 2013
MrDouche wrote:
Just wash the rotten thing Rosie for Petes sake
Coward.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99271 Feb 2, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again! The constitution is an evolutionary document containing amendments. The policing of legal or illegal aliens falls under the policy and guidelines set forth by the Attorney General that trickle down to the enforcement branches of ICE.
Due process has nothing to do with "reciprocal treaty process." All that means is if they do it to us, then we do it to them. Once here, they're subject to due process in the form of a deportation hearing, where an Immigration Judge determines what benefits, if any, are warranted and what violations have been committed.
Over 40% of illegals are overstays.
"reciprocal treaty process" has everything to do with due process, were it not for treaties this nation could not prosecute any visiting aliens, we would have to depend upon the aliens country of origin to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Sharpton blasts 'racist' Trump adviser for '... 5 min RustyS 141
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min EasyEed 1,265,043
News Iran deal foes spend big, get little so far 7 min discocrisco 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru MD CEO CF... 194,822
News Obama: Dems getting 'squishy' over Iran deal 1 hr goonsquad 115
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 1 hr Die Hippie Scum 190
News Washington battle rages over Iran deal's fate 1 hr goonsquad 11
More from around the web