The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
83,361 - 83,380 of 244,013 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, people that employ illegals get one shot at making it right and must provide any information the governemnt requests concerning their undocumented workers.
Undocumented workers will be entered into a unique data base that will thereafter be used to verify legal guest worker status and fingerprints will be made available to law enforcement.
Am I getting this right?
Perfectly.

“American & Cowgirl by Birth”

Since: Jan 13

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
Shake Ya Tailfeather
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so there is a one time chance to qualify for temporary guest worker status for those who have been here long enough and have been contributing by paying taxes.
Have I got that part right?
They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.

Part 3 seems pretty staright forward, but let's all take a minute consider the implications and then discuss it.

Whatta ya say?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shake Ya Tailfeather
In your air force ones....https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=BfzsMQGqrt0

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

“Conservatives Are Liars!”

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Now why would Rose get banned from Topix?
How horrible.
I can't believe that since just in my case she only threatened me and my daughters two or three times.
Remember the last one was "I'm going to get you and your kids, too.".
I don't believe if Rose hunted someone down and shot them Topix would do a thing.
Anyway if she is somewhere with the other Pats they are giving her what she needs, lots of attention and that's the really sad thing about Rose. Can only stay a few minutes. Been cooking all day. Making home made cream of broccoli soup for dinner tonight and for after "his" surgery tomorrow. Hopefully they will get all the tumor this time. My youngest has said she would do hospital duty for me so I making her & hers lasagna to take home after they get in tomorrow night. Late surgery at 4 then the wake up time. They may not get in till 8p so thought I better do something so she didn't have to cook. Anyway "his" house smells like heaven. Hope everyone is well today.
Rose's most famous threat, "i'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too."
You forgot the link, b*tch.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan & Eric Church - "Only Way I Know"
"These Are My People"
These are my people..........

PLASTIC JESUS

http://youtu.be/LJ4z4Skumcw

PAUL NEWMAN
{coolhandluke/67'/jalemprod.}

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you "Rose" or "Wild Irish Rose"? maybe you misunderstood?
I'm BOTH.

Are you a "Son" or just a "Son of?"

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's exceedingly easy for a 10 year old to converse with a baby. You will see when you turn 10. JEJEJEJE.
Grow up.

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.
Send them ALL home! They did not care about using our resources while here! Let obama send mexico some money... Get them "out of our HAIR! Come in on "The Path to Citizenship" like the rest of them 'used to.'

Fill the jobs with Americans! Let them come back slowly, not too much for our government to handle. There used to be a yearly quota, what happened to THAT?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.
I guess that makes sense.

I would prefer the 10 year mark, but that's a compromise I could live with considering the alternative right now seems to be an amnesty with eventual citizenship for just about everybody.

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
These are my people..........
PLASTIC JESUS
http://youtu.be/LJ4z4Skumcw
PAUL NEWMAN
{coolhandluke/67'/jalemprod.}
800 Pound Jesus

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.
Part 3 seems pretty staright forward, but let's all take a minute consider the implications and then discuss it.
Whatta ya say?
The implications are that when you're notified your employee didn't make the cut, you have to say goodbye, and that employee knows he/she can't hang around looking for work anymore. That's over with. No greenlight. The employer must then hire an American or legal immigrant who can take over the job, or he can hang around waiting to see who shows up looking for work who did make the TGW program, although I don't see how that's to his advantage. Still, it's his choice.

Now, we all know that down the road, there is going to be a TGW program for more at some point in time. I just don't see that as a part of THIS program. We need reassurances that TGW are coming for jobs Americans will not do. But, at any rate, if you don't fire your non-qualified worker, and the govt. discovers them still in your employ (after you've been officially notified to terminate), you're cut from using any future TGW whenever that happens. No more cheaper labor for you. That's pretty good incentive to play fair and by the rules.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
Whatta ya say?
The data base would serve as a safety measure to ensure that employers know their workers status with no plausible deniability and if they don't comply they get hit with a fine and are disqualified from using any guest workers in the future.

Yep, I thought that part was pretty much self explanatory.

Who knew immigration reform could be this much fun?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Send them ALL home! They did not care about using our resources while here! Let obama send mexico some money... Get them "out of our HAIR! Come in on "The Path to Citizenship" like the rest of them 'used to.'
Fill the jobs with Americans! Let them come back slowly, not too much for our government to handle. There used to be a yearly quota, what happened to THAT?
Your government flat out rejected the idea. That's what happened to that. They kept telling you that for about twenty-five years. I know we're a little slow, but some of us got the message and decided we had to find another approach. Maybe you should think about why we did that. Do you think we're crazy about watching wages go down and Americans not be able to earn a living wage? Well, we're not. So, at least put this into context.

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Little Girl

Her parents never took the young girl to church Never spoke of His Name Never read her His Word Two non-believers walkin' lost in this world Took their ...

Concrete Angel

Don't Laugh At Me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

4) Those accepted into the program must register their permanent address with DHS and keep it current with their employer. They must respond to mail inquiries from program administrators or be subject to being terminated from the program.

Accepted and enrolled TGW will be eligible to apply for and receive a valid driver's license in their states of residence that identify TGW status and which may be used as proof of legal status in any encounter with law enforcement or in transacting routine business.
(CONTINUED:)

Okay, one more tonight and then we'll start over again tomorrow.

Like the third section,#4 seems fairly simple, but it's always best to take a few minutes to consider these things before making a comment.

:)
Rico the Nut

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the link, b*tch.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
That wasn't very nice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

We're parking American labor onto welfare, paid for by working class American taxpayers in favor of enriching the rich with their "cheaper" (for them) illegal labor. So, while corporatists are making out like bandits, the illegal labor is getting by living in some pretty bad situations and/or supplemented by welfare for children themselves, we're getting socked with the bill while business is reaping the profit, and earning 34% more in income over the course of the last decade while those same taxpayer contributors only managed an 11% increase in the same period of time.

Of course, I'm not describing the fabulous returns of corporations, the best they've had since the 60's or how happy their shareholders are. It's just a d*mned pity that so many working class Americans can't afford to BE those shareholders themselves. They don't have enough disposable or investment available income to buy 100 shares of a blue chip stock much less to help very much with college for their children. Sigh.

Nope

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••