The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404345 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#98741 Jan 31, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Sunnyvale, CA

#98742 Jan 31, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Now why would Rose get banned from Topix?
How horrible.
I can't believe that since just in my case she only threatened me and my daughters two or three times.
Remember the last one was "I'm going to get you and your kids, too.".
I don't believe if Rose hunted someone down and shot them Topix would do a thing.
Anyway if she is somewhere with the other Pats they are giving her what she needs, lots of attention and that's the really sad thing about Rose. Can only stay a few minutes. Been cooking all day. Making home made cream of broccoli soup for dinner tonight and for after "his" surgery tomorrow. Hopefully they will get all the tumor this time. My youngest has said she would do hospital duty for me so I making her & hers lasagna to take home after they get in tomorrow night. Late surgery at 4 then the wake up time. They may not get in till 8p so thought I better do something so she didn't have to cook. Anyway "his" house smells like heaven. Hope everyone is well today.
Rose's most famous threat, "i'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too."
That woman is a raving lunatic.

I NEVER made any such threats to her, and she's been lying about this sort of thing for years.

Naturally, you would believe the lies of an insane fool like that.

Now, go ask her for the PROOF in a post from me of those threats. They don't exist, because I never posted any thing of the kind.

Beat it, geek and don't even try your idiotic games on me. You'll lose.

“American & Cowgirl by Birth”

Since: Jan 13

Dodge City, KS

#98743 Jan 31, 2013
Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan & Eric Church - "Only Way I Know"

"These Are My People"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#98744 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
2) Applicants must notify their respective employers that they have applied to remain and work in the U.S.A. legally. Employers of illegals are granted a one time only pass on penalty or fine for employing illegal workers and will cooperate with government officials in any electronic request on their employee(s).
Applicants will be entered into a separate E-Verify database which is mandatory for all employers to use to authenticate worker status.
Applicants will undergo fingerprinting identification which data will be entered into a National crime database for access by law enforcement.
Okay, need a minute to look this part over.
Imagine discussing immigration reform on the Immigration reform forum.
Will the blasphemy never end?
So, people that employ illegals get one shot at making it right and must provide any information the governemnt requests concerning their undocumented workers.

Undocumented workers will be entered into a unique data base that will thereafter be used to verify legal guest worker status and fingerprints will be made available to law enforcement.

Am I getting this right?

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98746 Jan 31, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
Immigration plan: How 1986 amnesty compares to Senate proposal
A bipartisan group of senators put forward a plan Monday to give many of the country's 11 million undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship. This blueprint has sparked comparisons to a 1986 law which gave amnesty to 2.7 million people.
There are some major differences, however. The Senate proposal is much tougher in several aspects than the law signed by President Ronald Reagan.
How the two programs would be similar
Immigrants must not have a criminal background
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants could not qualify for temporary or permanent residence if they had been convicted of a felony or three misdemeanors in the U.S.
Senate proposal: The blueprint states that individuals with "a serious criminal background" or who "pose a threat to our national security" will not be eligible and may be deported.
Immigrants must have an understanding of English and civics
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants needed to meet "minimum requirements for an understanding of English and a knowledge of American history and government" or show they were studying those subjects. Those 65 and older were exempted.
Senate proposal: The blueprint states that individuals would need to "learn English and civics" before they were eligible for permanent residency, but not for a probationary status.
Immigrants must show a history of employment
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants were not eligible if they could not show a history of employment or otherwise looked like they might be likely to end up on public assistance.
Senate proposal: The blueprints states that individuals will need to "demonstrate a history of work in the United States, and current employment" to be eligible.
There is a separate process for agricultural workers
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants who had worked at least 90 days in seasonal agriculture in the previous year were allowed to apply in a separate program. Approximately 1.1 million people qualified under this provision.
Senate proposal: The blueprint says agricultural workers will be "treated differently" and handled through a "different process" to become citizens because of the role they play in providing food for Americans. It does not give details.
How the 1986 law was tougher
Immigrants were required to have lived continuously in the U.S.
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants had to have lived continuously in the U.S. since before Jan. 1, 1982, though brief trips out of the country were excused. Approximately 1.6 million people qualified under this provision.
Senate proposal: The blueprint does not list any requirements for having lived continuously in the United States or having moved here before a certain date.
There was no separate process for people brought as children
1986 law: Nothing in the 1986 law differentiated between adults and children who were undocumented immigrants.
Senate proposal: The blueprint states that " individuals who entered the United States as minor children" would "not face the same requirements" because they "did not knowingly choose to violate any immigration laws."
Immigrants were not eligible for federal benefits for five years
1986 law: Undocumented immigrants were ineligible for "federal financial assistance" including Medicaid (with certain exceptions) and food stamps for five years after becoming permanent residents, with exceptions for the elderly, blind and disabled.
Senate proposal: The blueprint states that individuals will be barred from "accessing federal public benefits" while they are on a probationary legal status, but there are no restrictions listed after that.
Read more: http://www.montereyherald.com/politics-nation...
I would really like your thoughts on the proposal put up earlier. It may be missing again, but we'll be getting to it again sometime tomorrow.

Since: Dec 11

#98747 Jan 31, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That woman is a raving lunatic.
I NEVER made any such threats to her, and she's been lying about this sort of thing for years.
Naturally, you would believe the lies of an insane fool like that.
Now, go ask her for the PROOF in a post from me of those threats. They don't exist, because I never posted any thing of the kind.
Beat it, geek and don't even try your idiotic games on me. You'll lose.
Are you "Rose" or "Wild Irish Rose"? maybe you misunderstood?

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#98748 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, people that employ illegals get one shot at making it right and must provide any information the governemnt requests concerning their undocumented workers.
Undocumented workers will be entered into a unique data base that will thereafter be used to verify legal guest worker status and fingerprints will be made available to law enforcement.
Am I getting this right?
Perfectly.

Dodge City, KS

#98749 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
More BOOM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LbWIw3ztOlEXX
Shake Ya Tailfeather

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#98750 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so there is a one time chance to qualify for temporary guest worker status for those who have been here long enough and have been contributing by paying taxes.
Have I got that part right?
They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.

Location hidden

#98751 Jan 31, 2013
3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.

Part 3 seems pretty staright forward, but let's all take a minute consider the implications and then discuss it.

Whatta ya say?

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#98752 Jan 31, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shake Ya Tailfeather
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JkXrEUeULmcXX
In your air force ones....https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=BfzsMQGqrt0

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#98753 Jan 31, 2013

Sunnyvale, CA

#98754 Jan 31, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Now why would Rose get banned from Topix?
How horrible.
I can't believe that since just in my case she only threatened me and my daughters two or three times.
Remember the last one was "I'm going to get you and your kids, too.".
I don't believe if Rose hunted someone down and shot them Topix would do a thing.
Anyway if she is somewhere with the other Pats they are giving her what she needs, lots of attention and that's the really sad thing about Rose. Can only stay a few minutes. Been cooking all day. Making home made cream of broccoli soup for dinner tonight and for after "his" surgery tomorrow. Hopefully they will get all the tumor this time. My youngest has said she would do hospital duty for me so I making her & hers lasagna to take home after they get in tomorrow night. Late surgery at 4 then the wake up time. They may not get in till 8p so thought I better do something so she didn't have to cook. Anyway "his" house smells like heaven. Hope everyone is well today.
Rose's most famous threat, "i'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too."
You forgot the link, b*tch.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#98755 Jan 31, 2013
HellonHee1s-1 wrote:
Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan & Eric Church - "Only Way I Know"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pvI23Hmdk6YXX
"These Are My People"
These are my people..........

PLASTIC JESUS

http://youtu.be/LJ4z4Skumcw

PAUL NEWMAN
{coolhandluke/67'/jalemprod.}

Sunnyvale, CA

#98756 Jan 31, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you "Rose" or "Wild Irish Rose"? maybe you misunderstood?
I'm BOTH.

Are you a "Son" or just a "Son of?"

Sunnyvale, CA

#98757 Jan 31, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's exceedingly easy for a 10 year old to converse with a baby. You will see when you turn 10. JEJEJEJE.
Grow up.

Dodge City, KS

#98758 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.
Send them ALL home! They did not care about using our resources while here! Let obama send mexico some money... Get them "out of our HAIR! Come in on "The Path to Citizenship" like the rest of them 'used to.'

Fill the jobs with Americans! Let them come back slowly, not too much for our government to handle. There used to be a yearly quota, what happened to THAT?

Location hidden

#98759 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>They must demonstrate that they have resided and worked continuously for say 5 years. A lot of folks pushed for 10, but I don't think we could get that. Five seems to be the most reasonable number for several reasons, one of which is that their children born in recent years are not fully Americanized. Little ones are still "parentized" and would suffer no major culture shock.
I guess that makes sense.

I would prefer the 10 year mark, but that's a compromise I could live with considering the alternative right now seems to be an amnesty with eventual citizenship for just about everybody.

Dodge City, KS

#98760 Jan 31, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
These are my people..........
PLASTIC JESUS
http://youtu.be/LJ4z4Skumcw
PAUL NEWMAN
{coolhandluke/67'/jalemprod.}
800 Pound Jesus

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#98761 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.
Part 3 seems pretty staright forward, but let's all take a minute consider the implications and then discuss it.
Whatta ya say?
The implications are that when you're notified your employee didn't make the cut, you have to say goodbye, and that employee knows he/she can't hang around looking for work anymore. That's over with. No greenlight. The employer must then hire an American or legal immigrant who can take over the job, or he can hang around waiting to see who shows up looking for work who did make the TGW program, although I don't see how that's to his advantage. Still, it's his choice.

Now, we all know that down the road, there is going to be a TGW program for more at some point in time. I just don't see that as a part of THIS program. We need reassurances that TGW are coming for jobs Americans will not do. But, at any rate, if you don't fire your non-qualified worker, and the govt. discovers them still in your employ (after you've been officially notified to terminate), you're cut from using any future TGW whenever that happens. No more cheaper labor for you. That's pretty good incentive to play fair and by the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Presidential endorsements: now therea s a touch... 2 hr Will Dockery 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,460,465
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr True Judgment 689
News Secret CIA assessment says Russia intervened in... 3 hr Trump your President 99
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr District 1 231,241
News Ukrainians Want to Make a Deal with Trump 4 hr PolakPotrafi 1
News More 5 hr Reaganism 2
More from around the web