The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#63508 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I receive two retirements as I work for both state and county governments. I receive a retirement from each.
You people kill me! It just kills you for anyone to do well especially if they are Republican!
YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

http://youtu.be/GS-SOhoX-vU

Nine Inch Nails
FIST-Vid

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#63509 Nov 21, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have teeth but need one pulled but have to wait till 2/13 for the insurance to cover it..
Eagle
Sure you do, Mike! Who do you think you're kidding, bacalo? You look like a toothless wolfman.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#63510 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your all over it Eagle! In several years I will earn my SS on top of my two retirements. I really can't complain. Life is good.
I don't know why they are making a issue of it.. They want your personal info but fail to give theirs.. They are nothing but a bunch of cowards..

Eagle

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#63511 Nov 21, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
You should see the video where I get out of the shower butt naked,. I bet you'd love that one too.
Did you get that BDLS running yet? Hi Rico.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#63512 Nov 21, 2012
The left and right are STUPID! They Founder are smart azzes they introduced founded two party system !The Ploy is to get all DUMB, apathetic Sheeoople to bicker away endlessly without have time to go after corrupted leaders that did you all in! BWHAHHAAHHAH What a political chicanery!

----
Stenographers to Power, David Barsamian,
p88
-
A very important function of the ideological institutions—the media, the schools, and so on—is to prevent people from perceiving reality, because if they perceived it they might not like it and might act to change it, and that would harm privileged people who control these things.
------

Senator Bill Bradley, 2000,
Mark Green, Selling Out, p105

Today's political campaigns function as collection agencies for broadcasters. You simply transfer money from contributors to television stations.
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA

Arundhati Roy

In These Times magazine, November 2001, p13

In America, the arms industry, the oil industry and the major media networks-indeed, U.S. foreign policy-are all controlled by the same business combines.
----
Networks of Power, Dennis W. Mazzocco, p141
keyword(s)

manufacturing consent
propaganda
media
corporations

As the gatekeeper of "truth" in our media-driven society, corporate media conglomerates have the extraordinary power to marginalize dissident voices and discredit political opponents who may threaten their bottom line, even in a relatively minor way. In helping to "manufacture consent," concentrated media ownership continues to provide elite business interests with an awesome state propaganda apparatus for citizen thought control. Corporate media systems, even when they promise profits, prosperity, and freedom have remained steadfast in their opposition to citizen control of media.

---
Mazzocco, p166

quotation
When the majority of the U.S. citizenry do not share in the ownership, control, and power of mass media, "democracy" and "freedom" become illusions, disguising corporate tyranny and totalitarianism.

--

Iran - Contra and the Israel Lobby
Introduction by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap
Covert Action, edited by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap, 2003, p157

Today, the U.S. Government and its goose-stepping corporate media tightly control the most powerful propaganda apparatus the world has ever seen.
----

So easy to take the Sheeeeople to cleaners!
BWHAHHAHAHAAA

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#63513 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"So does spending $16 trillion + that we don't have."
Your boy should have thought about that before launching wars of convenience and giving away the cow to his rich buds in tax loopholes and corporate welfare.
Amen.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#63514 Nov 21, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are lying and I ask for proof.. Let them prove their claims once and for all..
Eagle
Fine. Got it.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#63515 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do, Mike! Who do you think you're kidding, bacalo? You look like a toothless wolfman.
So is the coward now willing to come clean and admit he lives in PA?? Or will you just remain a coward?? That is really the question..

Eagle
Tea Party Barbie

Fullerton, CA

#63516 Nov 21, 2012
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Well people could always call you Rose. Now that would be an insult.
He he he he!
Pull my string.

Religion made them human

#63517 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we just want the "truth" too. You want to advise us where to find it?
All I ask is that if you do not have you verify the sources of purported news outlets. You don't have to visit MSNBC or Comedy Central for that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#63518 Nov 21, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
BUTTHURT [but hert] Adjective
Butthurt is that special feeling in your a$$ after it's been kicked and/or fked. It is a common ailment amongst losers on the internet. It is usually characterized by noisy whining and complaining after being pwnt or otherwise outdone in any minute and insignificant way.
Why are people so mean, for God's sake? I sometimes try hard to understand why so many human beings find it easier to be critical and mean and hostile, instead of being nice, but I never seem to get to any valid explanation. Maybe because they express their inside furies and frustrations by trying to make others feel lousy too, or maybe because they just don't care about the way their reactions affect others.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#63519 Nov 21, 2012
ADD ! FOR LEFT AND THE RIGHT! sHEEEOOOOPLE1

BWHAHHAHHAAAAAAAA

Amy Goodman, Exception to the Rulers, p9

Bush team has invoked a basic principle of propaganda: Control the images and you control the people... The lesson had been learned from Vietnam - a lesson in manipulation. In Iraq, there would be no daily television images of the human toll of war. The government and the media would portray a clean war, a war nearly devoid of victims.
Dry Cleaning Ticket

Fullerton, CA

#63520 Nov 21, 2012
UidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
The left and right are STUPID! They Founder are smart azzes they introduced founded two party system !The Ploy is to get all DUMB, apathetic Sheeoople to bicker away endlessly without have time to go after corrupted leaders that did you all in! BWHAHHAAHHAH What a political chicanery!
----
Stenographers to Power, David Barsamian,
p88
-
A very important function of the ideological institutions—the media, the schools, and so on—is to prevent people from perceiving reality, because if they perceived it they might not like it and might act to change it, and that would harm privileged people who control these things.
------
Senator Bill Bradley, 2000,
Mark Green, Selling Out, p105
Today's political campaigns function as collection agencies for broadcasters. You simply transfer money from contributors to television stations.
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA
Arundhati Roy
In These Times magazine, November 2001, p13
In America, the arms industry, the oil industry and the major media networks-indeed, U.S. foreign policy-are all controlled by the same business combines.
----
Networks of Power, Dennis W. Mazzocco, p141
keyword(s)
manufacturing consent
propaganda
media
corporations
As the gatekeeper of "truth" in our media-driven society, corporate media conglomerates have the extraordinary power to marginalize dissident voices and discredit political opponents who may threaten their bottom line, even in a relatively minor way. In helping to "manufacture consent," concentrated media ownership continues to provide elite business interests with an awesome state propaganda apparatus for citizen thought control. Corporate media systems, even when they promise profits, prosperity, and freedom have remained steadfast in their opposition to citizen control of media.
---
Mazzocco, p166
quotation
When the majority of the U.S. citizenry do not share in the ownership, control, and power of mass media, "democracy" and "freedom" become illusions, disguising corporate tyranny and totalitarianism.
--
Iran - Contra and the Israel Lobby
Introduction by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap
Covert Action, edited by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap, 2003, p157
Today, the U.S. Government and its goose-stepping corporate media tightly control the most powerful propaganda apparatus the world has ever seen.
----
So easy to take the Sheeeeople to cleaners!
BWHAHHAHAHAAA
The plan was to provide for the welfare of the general public.

Location hidden

#63521 Nov 21, 2012
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey, mikey, mikey...to ask one to post personel, especially business related information on topix is sooooo naive of you.
Here's a mind twister for you....post a copy of your "public assistance" award letter.
But wait!!..Hell..you posted pictures of you half naked with a bloody towel!...oh yea what about that one of you in your "gown" with all those electrodes plugged into your body...
how about your fantasy biker bar where they called you "rattlesnake", "python", "cockroach" or some reptilian /insect species...
lol...no Mikey you're the ultimate drama monger here on topix..you win hands down. LOL :)
Why are people so mean, for God's sake? I sometimes try hard to understand why so many human beings find it easier to be critical and mean and hostile, instead of being nice, but I never seem to get to any valid explanation. Maybe because they express their inside furies and frustrations by trying to make others feel lousy too, or maybe because they just don't care about the way their reactions affect others.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Yellowknife NT

#63522 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>Cafe Monica was given the pink slip by the Mods.
So I would assume that she had been hired by Topix? And I would assume you were also, to know this?
How do you explain? Besides making reference to the huevos you once had.

Location hidden

#63524 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you he has teeth. That's a lot more than you got, gummy.
Why are people so mean, for God's sake? I sometimes try hard to understand why so many human beings find it easier to be critical and mean and hostile, instead of being nice, but I never seem to get to any valid explanation. Maybe because they express their inside furies and frustrations by trying to make others feel lousy too, or maybe because they just don't care about the way their reactions affect others

Religion made them human

#63525 Nov 21, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
Conservative Media Bias: Obama Gets The Most Negative Coverage of Any 2012 Candidate
A new study of the mainstream media coverage of the 2012 election found that every single Republican candidate received more positive coverage than Barack Obama.
Over the course of 23 weeks The Pew Center’s Project For Excellence in Journalism studied the media coverage of the all the 2012 presidential candidates, and their results should put an end to the myth of liberal media bias. The study found that every single Republican candidate received more positive media coverage than President Obama.
The leader in media love was Rick Perry. Thirty two percent of the coverage that Perry received was positive. Perry’s positive coverage outweighed his negative coverage by 12%,(32%-20%). The media was as cool towards Mitt Romney as Republican voters appear to be. His coverage was a mixes 26%-27%, but mainstream media gave Herman Cain lots of love, 28%-23%.
Despite the fact that her presidential campaign has slipped into oblivion, 31% of Michele Bachmann’s media coverage was positive. Ron Paul supporters are always claiming that the mainstream media is out to destroy their candidate, but Paul’s positive coverage outweighed his negative coverage, 21%-17%. The vast majority of stories on Paul (62%) were neutral. Like Rep. Paul, Jon Huntsman’s positive coverage outnumbered his negative, 21%-17%.
Sarah Palin who is always complaining about the bias of “lamestream media” received the second highest percentage of positive media coverage of any Republican. Thirty one percent of the coverage Palin received was positive. To put it another way, by a 3-2 margin, Sarah Palin’s media coverage was positive.
The candidate who received the most negative coverage from the supposed liberal media was President Barack Obama. According to the study,“As for Barack Obama, 9% of the news coverage about him over the last five months has registered as positive while 34% has been negative and 57% has been neutral or largely straight news accounting of events. In each of the 23 weeks studied, his negative coverage exceeded his positive coverage by more than 20 percentage points. And in none of those weeks did his negative coverage fall below 30%. The tone of Obama’s coverage on blogs, while still overwhelmingly negative, was slightly better—14% positive and 36% negative.”
The liberal media bias that conservatives complain about on a daily basis is a myth. The right is correct about one thing though. There is bias in the mainstream media, but that bias is in favor of conservatives. The study also found that the tone of the media coverage drives poll results. How voters feel about a candidate is shaped by the type of coverage that candidate gets.
The rise of Herman Cain is a perfect example of this dynamic in action. After the media decided that Cain’s victory in a meaningless Florida straw poll made him a serious contender, they have heaped a steady stream of positive coverage on the formerly second tier candidate. The result of this coverage is that Herman Cain is now among the leaders in the GOP field. The media is playing an active role in the 2012 contest. By subjectively deciding who gets the positive coverage, the media is shaping the 2012 GOP field.
Obama is getting so much negative coverage, not because his support has vanished, but because the media wants a close 2012 election. Close elections increase viewership, which drives ad revenue. A tight General Election is money maker for the corporate media.
Here is how the media is trying to bring Obama’s popularity down. First, they run lots of negative stories about Obama. Then they conduct polls that show Obama’s popularity slipping. They follow this up with another round of negative stories about the president based on their own polling which was influenced by their own negative reporting.....(cont.)
http://www.politicususa.com/conservative-medi...
Thanks Rose.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Yellowknife NT

#63526 Nov 21, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vQEcp6c1wf0XX
Know your limits and ignore them....There is always a chance you'll win.
No one can say you didn't try...
Win-win...

Religion made them human

#63527 Nov 21, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Take a multi- comprehension course that involves a full empirical undderstanding of English idioms.
Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!
Pfftt!!

Take an english writing course. Learn how to write a complete sentence for Pete's sake. Then try a spelling course.
Master Po

Fullerton, CA

#63528 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The question you ask has been answered by your own self, the human condition pertaining to lashing out at others remains as mysterious as a meteorite which has fallen to Earth, embedded with gold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nuculur option 1,224,684
News Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to i... 8 min see the light 36
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min FastandFurious 187,907
News Cartoon contest organizer known for inflammator... 20 min serfs up 73
News Gov. Walker slights Obama, Clinton on foreign p... 32 min serfs up 26
News Obama expected to push for Gulf missile defense... 36 min lolol 3
News Obama blasts Baltimore rioters but cites 'slow-... 44 min Cat74 87
More from around the web