The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384721 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#63240 Nov 21, 2012
Happiness may bring you more money, study says
Young people who express more positive emotions tend to have higher incomes by the time they're 29, a Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences study says.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/la-sci-hap...

Location hidden

#63242 Nov 21, 2012
USA Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
A fixed income SS check and you think you're not a 47%er!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAA!!! !!!
I am not old enough to receive SS. I receive two retirement checks honey and they are regularly increased based on inflation.

Now go and talk about something you may KNOW about!!!!!

Location hidden

#63249 Nov 21, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. They are so dictatorial it's hard to believe some of them are even Americans.
They criticize a person for posting from a "liberal" news source, then they criticize them for posting from a "conservative" news source.
What part of FREEDOM do these people not understand? I've never seen so much pettiness and small-mindedness.
You need to explain the entire story Rose. Every conservative on this thread who has posted from a conservative site is advised immediately the site is not legitimate. This has been especially true of anything from Fox News. Then an obvious liberal posts a Fox News link to share an opinion or they post from a far left media site.

I have no problem with anyone posting from whatever source they choose. I can read it and ignore it or not read it at all. My problem is with the double standard.

There is no need to respond.

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#63250 Nov 21, 2012
One Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
The very sad yet very funny thing about Rose is that she is serious.
She's not even a troll. Nope this post of hers is the real deal.
*Insert animated emoticon rolling all over the floor laughing here.*
That's right, I am serious. When I'm addressed with serious accusations, I reply in kind.

I see that you're a troll though, and you're right I'm not.

It's sad that so many of your kind don't even believe in basic Freedoms that you have to badger, taunt and harass people for expressing opinions that you don't happen to like.

Happy Trolling. LOL!

“God Bless our Republic”

Warrior for USA

#63251 Nov 21, 2012

"My Rifle"

This is my rifle.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

I must fire my rifle true.

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,

the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its sights, and its barrel.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.
-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus

The Creed of a United States Marine

Martinez, CA

#63253 Nov 21, 2012
One Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
*Insert animated emoticon rolling all over the floor laughing here too.*
Don't hurt yourself. Wouldn't want you to "die laughing" you know. Many a troll has suffered that dismal fate. Hahhaha!
Therealnews com

New York, NY

#63254 Nov 21, 2012
Patriot Warrior wrote:
"My Rifle"
This is my rifle.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
I must fire my rifle true.
I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.
I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,
the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.
We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its sights, and its barrel.
I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.
I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God I swear this creed.
My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.
-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus
The Creed of a United States Marine
You are losing the real war.

Smarten Up.

==========

CEOs and Simpson-Bowles 3.0
July 21 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/d7fdx4t
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ceos-a...

"Inside Job" Director Charles Ferguson: Wall Street Has Turned the U.S. into a "Predatory Nation" / May 29, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/6v49j98
Two years after directing the Academy Award-winning documentary,“Inside Job,” filmmaker Charles Ferguson returns with a new book,“Predator Nation: Corporate Criminals, Political Corruption, and the Hijacking of America.” Ferguson explores why no top financial executives have been jailed for their role in the nation’s worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. We also discuss Larry Summers and the revolving door between academia and Wall Street, as well as the key role Democrats have played in deregulating the financial industry. According to Ferguson, a "predatory elite" has "taken over significant portions of economic policy and of the political system, and also, unfortunately, major portions of the economics discipline."
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/29/inside_...

The CEO Plan to Steal Your Social Security and Medicare
July 30, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cq5h4uj
Many people are following the presidential election closely with the idea that the outcome will have a major impact on national policy. However, according to Steven Pearlstein, a veteran Washington Post columnist and reporter, it may not matter who wins the election. In a column last week, Pearlstein told readers that the top executives of some of the country’s largest companies are getting together to craft a budget package that they will try to push through Congress and get the president to sign.
http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-co...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#63255 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
LMAO! Because I don't HAVE to link a damn thing to conservative source if I choose not to. It's called Freedom, something many of you little dictators don't seem to grasp.
The comment was in reference to antb using a Fox news source and being criticized for it because she's labeled a liberal.
I don't "always insult anyone that links anything to a conservative source." That is a blatant lie. I seldom comment on the sources at all in fact. It's others here who do that. I couldn't care less where a news item originates. If I like or agree with the CONTENT that's all I care about.
I'm no obligated to link ANY particular type of source just because some of you control freaks use that petty, stupid argument to push your agenda. Is there no limit or end to your pettiness and lack of intelligence?
I have supported and defended everyone's right to post from ANY source they choose because I believe in and support Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. And people have the right to disagree with what is posted as well.
Find someone else to annoy with your petty nitpicking.
The reason you don't link anything from a conservative source is because you don't read them and you don't agree with them. You nitpick EVERYONE's posts that don't agree with your far left POV. You always come across insulting people because their POV doesn't match yours. If someone posts something here, you criticize it and claim that they're lying or to prove what they post is true. Yet, here you are saying you're not obligated to post any links to backup your BS claims you constantly post here. Last I checked, it is still OK to have a POV OTHER THAN YOURS!! Funny how you get spun over the same thing you do to other people. My, how hypocritical and petty of you.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#63256 Nov 21, 2012
USA Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the key difference between posi and ilk like him. They feel that it's ok to see people suffer and starve in the USA yet claim to be Patriots that care about other Americans. They want us all to believe that when government is taken out of the mix that people are inherently giving to those who're less fortunate yet the policy of trickle down economics has proven to be a contradiction to that belief. Another example is hurricane Sandy. Where are all the Republicans at throwing their riches at the less fortunate? You see, they like to talk a big game but they fail when push comes to shove.
I believe all these Republicans on Topix are dirt broke welfare recipients who "wish" they were rich. I've never seen a successful person dedicate so much time on the internet to claiming they're so much better off than others. Simply put, they tell a story of nothing more than delusions of grandeur.
And for the record, who calls a business a "firm"? LOL
I'm old enough to know from both first hand knowledge and talking to my mother who went through the depression how it goes without the Governments assistance. Although my mother told me that she and her family only recieved a ration for sugar during the depression. But her family owned their own land and were self sufficient living there so the depression didn't really hurt them.

I really find those that claim to be patriots hard to understand. On the one hand they want to ban abortions. Yet they also want to cut Government help for those same children. They want to change our citizenship laws. Yet don't want to honor the current laws which allow those born here to have citizenship regardless of their parents.

I simply find far too much contradiction in what they say they want. I really don't believe they have thought out much. It seems to me they have simply drank the kool-aid without checking it out first. That comes when one only listens to one source of information instead of listening to all sources and deciding for ones self.

"In the U.S., individuals often use the words "firm" or "company" to refer to a business and its activities. However, the meaning of "establishment," as defined for tax and statistical purposes, highlights the importance of the physical location of an organization."

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/differences-be...

Martinez, CA

#63258 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to explain the entire story Rose. Every conservative on this thread who has posted from a conservative site is advised immediately the site is not legitimate. This has been especially true of anything from Fox News. Then an obvious liberal posts a Fox News link to share an opinion or they post from a far left media site.
I have no problem with anyone posting from whatever source they choose. I can read it and ignore it or not read it at all. My problem is with the double standard.
LMAO! "There is no need to respond"???

Why, because the ENTIRE truth might be told including BOTH sides of the story?

"Every conservative on this thread who has posted from a conservative site is advised immediately the site is not legitimate."

I don't believe that's true at all, and you are misrepresenting what's happened.

But what really puzzles me is why you care so much and why do you let it bother you so? Who care? I've been posting on this Forum for a long time, and I've had countless posts to me about "liberal" news sources, and so what? It's petty in my opinion.

And who cares WHO posts from a "far left" news site OR a "conservative" news site? I don't see the importance of it at all. We're a country that thrives on different opinions, and Freedom of the Press is a fundamental feature of our Bill Of Rights.

Why don't you just ignore what you dislike and move on. There is no "double standard" if everyone is doing the same thing.

I will respond to anything I please. Remember?

Martinez, CA

#63259 Nov 21, 2012
Cafe Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why Jack was whining about the angry white male being the cause of America's problem.
Jack is not even White - though he may think so. He is a Khazar
Why are you asking me about Jack?

Ask Jack. Wish you people would stop whining to me about other posters.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#63260 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
If liberals don't trust conservative links and conservatives don't trust liberal links then one goes to the others links. You bring forth anything resembling truth for the other side from their own site. How then can they deny the truth?

“Peace”

Location hidden

#63261 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
"Every conservative on this thread who has posted from a conservative site is advised immediately the site is not legitimate."
I don't believe that's true at all, and you are misrepresenting what's happened.
But what really puzzles me is why you care so much and why do you let it bother you so? Who care? I've been posting on this Forum for a long time, and I've had countless posts to me about "liberal" news sources, and so what? It's petty in my opinion.
And who cares WHO posts from a "far left" news site OR a "conservative" news site? I don't see the importance of it at all. We're a country that thrives on different opinions, and Freedom of the Press is a fundamental feature of our Bill Of Rights.
Why don't you just ignore what you dislike and move on. There is no "double standard" if everyone is doing the same thing.
Hi Rose.....Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#63264 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
I see you haven't expressed your "petty" concern to x-man, USM, NTR, Rico, etc for constantly disregarding anything posted from conservative websites. Here you are again criticizing those who post from conservative POV as "petty". If we "thrive on different opinions and freedom of the press is a fundamental feature of our bill of rights", then why are you so insulting to EVERYONE who's opinion doesn't match yours? Can't you make your counter argument without the insults? I'm sure you've heard the term; you get back what you deliver. Just sayin'.

Brentwood, TN

#63265 Nov 21, 2012
Just popping in to wish everyone... far left...far right...Everyone!!....a very Happy Thanksgiving!! May your turkey's be juicy and your fixin's just right...your dessert's delightful and no family fight's. Differences set aside if only for a day....and thankful for all the blessing's that have come along your way. If I get lemons and peanuts for this...well that's ok...I'll just say...Thank You!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#63266 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone from the left keeps telling me you CAN'T trust anything from Fox News and then you refer it to us!
Love it!!!!
Oh, there were a lot of other credible sources but I didn't think your kind would read anything unless Faux News told you it was true.

:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#63267 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You just referred to "Faux News" as a source of information.
antb wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Eagle....
"IRS: Agents will not be involved in tax audits, pursuing Americans without health insurance
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/16/ir ...
See above....^^^

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#63269 Nov 21, 2012
Cafe Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
When I do that the cowardly "Hispanic' X Man tells me he wants "no contact" with me.
I dont blame him.
I ripped him to pieces a long while back and he hasnt forgotten it.
You have been asked repeatedly to cease and desist.

Your attacks are unprovoked and unwarranted.

Your comments and communications will be forwarded to Authorities.

“God Bless our Republic”

Warrior for USA

#63270 Nov 21, 2012
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
You are losing the real war.
Smarten Up.
==========
CEOs and Simpson-Bowles 3.0
July 21 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/d7fdx4t
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ceos-a...
"Inside Job" Director Charles Ferguson: Wall Street Has Turned the U.S. into a "Predatory Nation" / May 29, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/6v49j98
Two years after directing the Academy Award-winning documentary,“Inside Job,” filmmaker Charles Ferguson returns with a new book,“Predator Nation: Corporate Criminals, Political Corruption, and the Hijacking of America.” Ferguson explores why no top financial executives have been jailed for their role in the nation’s worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. We also discuss Larry Summers and the revolving door between academia and Wall Street, as well as the key role Democrats have played in deregulating the financial industry. According to Ferguson, a "predatory elite" has "taken over significant portions of economic policy and of the political system, and also, unfortunately, major portions of the economics discipline."
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/29/inside_...
The CEO Plan to Steal Your Social Security and Medicare
July 30, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cq5h4uj
Many people are following the presidential election closely with the idea that the outcome will have a major impact on national policy. However, according to Steven Pearlstein, a veteran Washington Post columnist and reporter, it may not matter who wins the election. In a column last week, Pearlstein told readers that the top executives of some of the country’s largest companies are getting together to craft a budget package that they will try to push through Congress and get the president to sign.
http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-co...
A Marine IS a Marine for Life
Regardless of war.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#63271 Nov 21, 2012
Cafe Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
topix is Rose's LIFE. Just like Rico aka X Man. Example - none of them work. Example - all of them are anti social misfits
You have been asked repeatedly to cease and desist.

Your attacks are unprovoked and unwarranted.

Your comments and communications will be forwarded to Authorities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,384,407
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 min Patrick 51,165
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 33 min Rock 20
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Popeye 214,665
News 'We'll Wash Away All The Black!' -- Another Rac... 1 hr NAZI RUSSIA 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 59,546
News Obama thinks communist Vietnam should give peop... 5 hr YouDidntBuildThat 9
More from around the web