States with strict gun laws found to ...

States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

There are 5075 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 7, 2013, titled States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths. In it, Reuters reports that:

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3905 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you forgot *I* was the one who posted the ENTIRE Heller decision and you were the one that keeps forgetting this part:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century

++

Heller isn't a blank check, Dr-Deflection.
That is not the Heller decision.
Smoke and mirrors much?

Location hidden

#3906 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

"The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people. Freedom of the press too."-- Fisher Ames, June 12, 1789 letter to George R. Minor.(Mr. Ames was a Representative in the U.S. Congress from Massachusetts).

in·her·ent
/in&#712;hi(&#601;)r &#601;nt/
Adjective

Existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute: "inherent dangers".
Vested in (someone) as a right or privilege: "the president's inherent power".

Synonyms
innate - inborn - native - intrinsic
Thank you! Though you waste your time on that one. Barefoot ignores facts, refuses to post proof of any of its assertions, and insists on willful ignorance.

Location hidden

#3907 Apr 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... planning on having your rebellion anytime soon, son?
Why would he give you a heads up? You are part of the problem that will lead to rebellion.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3911 Apr 14, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he give you a heads up? You are part of the problem that will lead to rebellion.
So you're part of the group I need to protect America from, eh?

Not surprising.

Since: Feb 11

Grants Pass, OR

#3913 Apr 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Call us when they have a constitutional congress pookie
You should stop making things up, ScrotumnSniffer, this is a Congressional Congress.

Location hidden

#3914 Apr 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So you're part of the group I need to protect America from, eh?

Not surprising.
Tell me how you plan to protect America from my group.

Grants Pass, OR

#3915 Apr 14, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the Heller decision.
Tis.

Grants Pass, OR

#3916 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
I post those for all of the people looking at the threads. Most of which don't even comment.
Yeah... funny how that is... as if they see that you are going to post something that has no relationship to the Second Amendment whatsoever and ignore it.

Of course, your version of the Second Amendment isn't the US version so there ya go...

Grants Pass, OR

#3917 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
"It does not require a majority to prevail,
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Thomas Paine

Grants Pass, OR

#3918 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
"Among the natural rights of the Colonists
"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
Daniel Webster

Of course, your hero...Alexander Hamilton... the queer founding father... wanted to establish a monarchy, starting with King George.

Grants Pass, OR

#3919 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
"
"In short, it is the greatest absurdity
"We are in the process of creating what deserves to be called the idiot culture. Not an idiot sub-culture, which every society has bubbling beneath the surface and which can provide harmless fun; but the culture itself. For the first time, the weird and the stupid and the coarse are becoming our cultural norm, even our cultural ideal."
Carl Bernstein

Location hidden

#3921 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome. I don't post those for 'barefoot'. I post those for all of the people looking at the threads. Most of which don't even comment.

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."--Samuel Adams
I hear you, and understand.
I, on the other hand, have decided and chosen to disregard barefoot, from this point forward. I have repeatedly mopped the floor with barefoot. It continues to ignore, avoid, deflect, detract, sidestep, and hide. It then returns later to post propaganda.
It never admits being wrong. It never provides backing sources or links. It never provides acknowledges conservative sources, links, or facts.
This has gone on for months. I'm done wasting my time.
Barefoot can talk to itself as far as I'm concerned.
Have fun mopping the floor with it for a while. I fear you will soon come to the same conclusion I did, however.
Again, thanks for the back up and support. I look forward to conversing with you further in the near future.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3922 Apr 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... planning on having your rebellion anytime soon, son?
We are not liberals, we don't give aid and comfort to the enemy.
Randy

United States

#3923 Apr 14, 2013
does a spoon make people fat, does a car crash cuz a drunk was driving. does a pencil make you write bad things no its the dumb people behind

Location hidden

#3924 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
"Among the natural rights of the Colonists are these: First, a right to life; Secondly, to liberty; Thirdly, to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can. These are evident branches of, rather than deductions from, the duty of self-preservation, commonly called the first law of nature."

""Just and true liberty, equal and impartial liberty," in matters spiritual and temporal, is a thing that all men are clearly entitled to by the eternal and immutable laws of God and nature,[418]as well as by the law of nations and all well-grounded municipal laws, which must have their foundation in the former."

"In short, it is the greatest absurdity to suppose it in the power of one, or any number of men, at the entering into society, to renounce their essential natural rights, or the means of preserving those rights; when the grand end of civil government, from the very nature of its institution, is for the support, protection, and defence of those very rights; the principal of which, as is before observed, are Life, Liberty, and Property. If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave."--Samuel Adams, The Rights of The Colonists, November 20, 1772
Thank you for the post. Maybe some youngsters can Learn what the USA once represented, consisted of, and could be if fought for.
Again, thanks!

Location hidden

#3925 Apr 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We are not liberals, we don't give aid and comfort to the enemy.
Why would he, she, it, think you would give early warning?
It is inevitable and coming soon enough. Not that I look forward to the necessity of death, but I do look forward to the restoration of a once great nation.
I think the rest of the tax paying enablers are looking forward to finally enabling themselves for a change. What are your thoughts on the future?

Location hidden

#3926 Apr 14, 2013
Randy wrote:
does a spoon make people fat, does a car crash cuz a drunk was driving. does a pencil make you write bad things no its the dumb people behind
All valid points, lost on the liberal brainwashed.

Location hidden

#3927 Apr 14, 2013
Hey David, is it just me, or does barefoot have an issue with homosexuals, yet professes to be an understanding compassionate liberal? So what if a founding father was homosexual? He stood up for liberty. He didn't try to redefine marriage. He would have stood up and kicked barefoot's wimpy ass! What is the issue?
I think barefoot should disclose its location since it thinks the NRA should disclose its membership roll.
I mean, what is the big deal? Does barefoot think posters would show up to kick its ass? There should be no issue. The government will protect it!

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3934 Apr 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
Daniel Webster
Of course, your hero...Alexander Hamilton... the queer founding father... wanted to establish a monarchy, starting with King George.
]The difference is resolved in one question. I am ready to die for my country and to keep our substance of the constitution the way it was written. The question is, are the liberals ready to die to take our weapons and end our constitution.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#3935 Apr 15, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>]
Conservative pro-gun Senator demolishes arguments against background checks....

Coburn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Dr Guru 219,709
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min RoxLo 1,405,625
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 49 min Relaxen2 391,563
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 58 min George 6,134
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr El Padre 60,664
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 1 hr SirPrize 34
News Kelly Clarkson Defends First Lady Michelle Obam... 4 hr Bill Clinton 6
More from around the web