States with strict gun laws found to ...

States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

There are 5075 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 7, 2013, titled States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths. In it, Reuters reports that:

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2561 Apr 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - rich people should not be allowed to have insurance.
Yes animals hate those of us who work........

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2563 Apr 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree - Entitlement Society should not be allowed to have access to the US Health Care System either then since they don't want to work.
Correct
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#2564 Apr 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you aren't close to grasping what rights are and are not.
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."
This is a quote, melon head. A real quote.
Not something a m/f c/s liar created- you know, one of your "quotes".
By the way, MOOCH: you notice he gave an opinion that conflicts with the cowards in the NRA who insist gun gnutters should have the right to carry into schools.
EXPLICITLY.
Funny how that is.
"This is a quote, melon head. A real quote."

I see you still haven't posted a link or a source...why is that...?

(pssst...I already know, see if you can get it right.)

"By the way, MOOCH: you notice he gave an opinion that conflicts with the cowards in the NRA who insist gun gnutters should have the right to carry into schools.
EXPLICITLY.
Funny how that is."

Funny how that's another lie of yours. A select few does not open the doors as you continue to bellyache about.

WASHINGTON (AP)— Schools across the nation should train selected staff members to carry weapons and should each have at least one armed security officer to make students safer and allow a quicker response to an attack, the director of a National Rifle Association-sponsored study said Tuesday.

The task force that produced the report has developed a 40- to 60-hour training program that the study recommends making available to school staff members who are qualified and can pass background checks.

"The presence of an armed security personnel in a school adds a layer of security and diminishes the response time that is beneficial to the overall security," said former Republican former Rep. Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas, who led the study.

Asked if every school would be better off with an armed security officer, Hutchinson replied, "Yes," but acknowledged the decision would be made locally.

"Obviously we believe that they make a difference," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/nra-school-officials-tr...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2565 Apr 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Why not the unions pay for the guards,
Why do you pay for it, Dumbo? You insist everyone should be able to carry guns into public schools.

Spread the cost out over your aliases?

Location hidden

#2566 Apr 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be a real burden on you to go down to the welfare office and fill out those forms.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#2567 Apr 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Have you ever seen the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution?
Because you seem to have the NRA version with half the words missing.
Ah... who can blame you for using yet another alias...
Have YOU ever seen it...? The reason I ask is even when the complete 2nd Amendment is posted as from the National Archives, YOU are the only one that says it is "wrong" or has something else "Stuck in" that isn't there.

YOU haven't been able to tell us what is wrong with it or what has been "stuck in"...why is that..?

Because you're an ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak"

Location hidden

#2568 Apr 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Why not the unions pay for the guards, the unions an liberals are the ones that made schools kill zones in the first place.
Why not blame the sun up in the sky because if the sun wasn't there, the gun gnutters could not see who they were shooting at, eh, DUMBO?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2569 Apr 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree - Entitlement Society should not be allowed to have access to the US Health Care System either then since they don't want to work.
No one is more "entitled" than the rich, and they can pay for their own care. Poor people can't.

Problem is, your kind just hate poor people.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2570 Apr 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Point was that rich people DON'T work, you moron. But then as a racist POS, you don't deserve answers to your hate-posts.

Location hidden

#2571 Apr 2, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"This is a quote, melon head. A real quote."
I see you still haven't posted a link or a source...why is that...?
Because if you had an IQ reaching past 80, you would be able to copy and paste the direct quote and find a few thousand sources.

Compare it to your "quotes" that you make up, Mooch, when google searches only turn up you.

Location hidden

#2573 Apr 2, 2013
Marauder wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP)— Schools across the nation should train selected staff members to carry weapons and should each have at least one armed security officer to make students safer and allow a quicker response to an attack, the director of a National Rifle Association-sponsored study said Tuesday.
That's funny, melon head: the NRA director is still blaming Sandy Hook on video games, and funny how he hasn't come up with the 6 billion dollars it would cost for the armed guards... putting aside there was an armed guard at Columbine and we know how that turned out.

But the NRA still insists gun gnutters should have the right to carry weapons- including assault weapons- into public schools.

As the NRA so lobbied in Michigan when the Sandy Hook massacre transpired.

Of course: 90 percent of Americans want universal background checks... and nine percent of Americans are felons.

I guess we know how the felons feel... just like you, eh, melon head?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#2575 Apr 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I want the 2nd Amendment repealed and have said so. Did you not know that, or are you confused?
"I want the 2nd Amendment repealed and have said so."

Why...?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#2576 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, right indeed. Our forebears did it, and so can we. If you don't want to be part of the solution, then stay the hell out of the way.
Funny thing is it's only your claim son.

Clearly you were confused about what your so called sources on the 2nd Amendment were saying. Obviously the roadblocking is being done by people like you.

I was hoping you would go on all day long like threatened.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2577 Apr 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need for such dangerous weapons, obviously.
How do you rate how dangerous one weapon is compared to another ?

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#2578 Apr 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will it matter when guns kill more than cars?
No- you'll come up with another excuse.
PS: Seat belts have save somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,00 lives. They save lives because laws were created to make manufacturers put them in cars and require people to use them.
So it's not the seat belt that saves lives it is the law that requires it's use. But some people ignore those laws. It is against the law to murder someone with a gun and people ignore those laws also. Funny how you left wing constitution hating nuts don't want to ban cars because laws are ignored but want to ban guns because laws are ignored.And don't give us this bullshit "cars are necessary for the economy" as if that makes it easier to accept the over 30,000 deaths each year. Make laws mandating public transportation.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#2580 Apr 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if you had an IQ reaching past 80, you would be able to copy and paste the direct quote and find a few thousand sources.
Compare it to your "quotes" that you make up, Mooch, when google searches only turn up you.
Why does it not surprise me that you don't know how to "click" on a link...or use a search engine to search for the United States Supreme Court or the case DC vs Heller...?

But then again, coming from an ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak", nothing surprises me.

Location hidden

#2581 Apr 2, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>So it's not the seat belt that saves lives it is the law that requires it's use.
Seat belt laws include laws that require they be put in the car in the first place and that they be used.
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

#2583 Apr 2, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>So it's not the seat belt that saves lives it is the law that requires it's use. But some people ignore those laws. It is against the law to murder someone with a gun and people ignore those laws also. Funny how you left wing constitution hating nuts don't want to ban cars because laws are ignored but want to ban guns because laws are ignored.And don't give us this bullshit "cars are necessary for the economy" as if that makes it easier to accept the over 30,000 deaths each year. Make laws mandating public transportation.
The gun industry is the only unregulated manufacturer of a consumer product that is specifically made to kill, with a level of secrecy that makes the tobacco industry look like a model of transparency. Cars are made to transport you, me, your family, your food and everything else you buy every day ... now what did you say guns are made for?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2585 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain why quite a bit of the perverse 'gun control' laws have been shot down. And explain why the rate of gun ownership is SKYROCKETING. As well as explain why it's so hard for your LIE-beral 'masters' to get new [unconstitutional]'gun control' laws passed.
You freaks have been steadily LOSING, even though you have had [imaginary]'power' for five years now. Only you are far to IGNORANT to see it or admit it.
Moronic. Made absolutely NO sense whatever. Typical of a gun-nut's idea of debate, I guess.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2586 Apr 2, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>How do you rate how dangerous one weapon is compared to another ?
Common sense dictates that a weapon which fires rapidly as long as I pull the trigger is a very, very dangerous weapon. It could kill a lot of people very fast, depending on how much ammo you have.

No one objects to single-shot weapons, or moderate-sized clips or magazines. When you get even semi-automatic assault rifles with 30 or more bullets in the magazine, however, you have an increasinly dangerous weapon which people don't really need.

Unless they're planning to go out and blow away 30 schoolkids or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump: a year since his election, how do voters... 11 min Never hillary 1,179
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min loose cannon 243,249
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 50 min LIMnologist 285
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr crackerhead 1,684,593
News Standing up to the lynch mob 4 hr C Kersey 44
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 hr FART FOOD 24,704
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 8 hr LIMnologist 2,655
More from around the web