Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh

Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh

There are 61648 comments on the blogs.courant.com story from Jan 25, 2009, titled Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh . In it, blogs.courant.com reports that:

This could get interesting. Obama v Limbaugh. #44 is telling the Rush Republicans to stop drinking Limbaugh's poisinous Kool-aid if they really want to contribute to change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.courant.com.

Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67722 Oct 7, 2012
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67723 Oct 7, 2012
http://www.roboromney.com/

Your own personal etch a sketch...
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67724 Oct 7, 2012
GOP Strategist Says Romney Is Withholding Details Of His Tax Plan To Avoid Criticism

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/10/07/...

Republican consultant Mike Murphy, a former Romney strategist, said on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday that it is unfair to criticize Mitt Romney’s lack of specificity on how to pay for his proposed 20 percent income tax cut. Should Romney identify what loopholes he would cut to offset the tax cuts, Murphy argued, he would be criticized for doing so.
Murphy argued:
Here is the problem. You guys won’t give him any credit for closing loopholes, because like you guys, he won’t name the loopholes. Why? Because you’ll attack him for doing it. You attack him for not giving you a little target… and then you attack him when you get the target.
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67725 Oct 7, 2012
How the G.O.P. Became the Anti-Urban Party

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/opinion/sun...

The very word “city” went all but unheard at the Republican convention, held in the rudimentary city of Tampa, Fla. The party platform ratified there is over 31,000 words long. It includes subsections on myriad pressing topics, like “Restructuring the U.S. Postal Service for the Twenty-First Century” and “American Sovereignty in U.S. Courts,” which features a full-throated denunciation of the “unreasonable extension” of the Lacey Act of 1900 (please don’t ask). There are also passages specifying what our national policy should be all over the world — but not in one American city.
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67726 Oct 7, 2012
Your right to resell your own stuff is in peril
It could become illegal to resell your iPhone 4, car or family antiques

http://www.marketwatch.com/Story/story/print...

Under the doctrine, which the Supreme Court has recognized since 1908, you can resell your stuff without worry because the copyright holder only had control over the first sale.

Put simply, though Apple Inc.(NASDAQ:AAPL) has the copyright on the iPhone and Mark Owen has it on the book “No Easy Day,” you can still sell your copies to whomever you please whenever you want without retribution.

That’s being challenged now for products that are made abroad, and if the Supreme Court upholds an appellate court ruling, it would mean that the copyright holders of anything you own that has been made in China, Japan or Europe, for example, would have to give you permission to sell it.

Seriously that has to piss off you southern red neck yard and garage sellers....gotta call china? And it's your good old right wing court screwing you over..DOH

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#67727 Oct 8, 2012
Spinach wrote:
Jack Welch, former CEO of GE, isn't buying the 7.8% unemployment figures. Is this an election month scandal that will expose the Obama team for what they are?
Jack Welch is a nitwit.. Anyone who takes what he says as any kind of fact is a bigger nitwit.
SOBE

Newington, CT

#67728 Oct 8, 2012
The Monday Line: Mitt Romney-The 767 Lyin’ King

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/the-monday-lin...

While pundits were quick to jump all over President Obama for “losing” the debate last week, this poker player of a President has to be pretty happy today for one simple reason… the weekend chatter is all about more Mitt Romney lies.

Mitt keeps trying to twist himself into a moderate pretzel after spending nine months as a fire-breathing right winger. The ‘Etch-a-Sketch’ has run out of sand because it was shaken so furiously so many times by his woefully inept campaign staffers.

The first rule of debating when in the lead is:“do no harm to yourself.” The second rule comes from Napoleon Bonaparte:“never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” The third rule? When your opponent is digging himself a huge hole, toss him down a cool, refreshing drink and… an extra sharp new shovel.

Mitt Romney is nearly to China with his digging now. When even npr (National Public Radio) the mildest, least controversial of any network leads with “Romney Goes On Offense, Pays For It In First Wave Of Fact Checks,” you know you are in trouble.
SOBE

Newington, CT

#67729 Oct 8, 2012
Gibbs: Jack Welch Embarrassed Himself Saying Jobs Stats Are Made Up

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/g...

From this Sunday's Meet the Press, Robert Gibbs called out former GE CEO, Jack Welch for embarrassing himself along with the other "jobs report truthers" who were touting that there was some grand conspiracy theory at work with the latest report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even Chuck Todd had a few words about the fact that it's a "bad trend" when we've got conservatives out there getting traction with this nonsense.

But of course, since right-wing flame thrower Newt Gingrich was invited to the table, the waters on whether this sort of behavior ought to be tolerated or not were muddied up a bit, with Gingrich touting a far right, Koch-funded lobbying group and their "survey" as proof that "small business" he supposedly speaks to, don't believe the economy is getting any better. I believe this is the same group Chris Hayes and his panel mentioned on his show today and they said they were created because the U.S. Chamber of Commerce wasn't far enough to the right to suit them.

Dan Froomkin has more on that here -- NFIB Exposed:'Voice Of Small Business' Is A Front, Group Charges.

What's really disgusting is that the likes of Gingrich keeps getting invited to these panels and treated like he's some senior statesman, instead of the shyster that he is, but then, he's far from alone when it comes to the list of terrible guests for these shows.

As Driftglass pointed out about this week's show, "The Gingrich Rules continue to remain in effect."
Starlight

United States

#67730 Oct 8, 2012
As Dinglebrain and his pals post insults, tidbits from "progressive" websights, and foolish assumptions, Romney has pulled even with Obama in the gallup poll and is set to pass the president as Obama and Biden try to think of a way to compete with Romney and Ryan in the debates.

It is the economy plus 4 dead in Benghazi and confusing statements from the White House about how they died.

If Obama loses the election, he can always emigrate to Venezuela and help Chavez create an "idyllic" peoples republic down there.

Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67731 Oct 8, 2012
https://www.change.org/petitions/house-scienc...

Sign the petition and rid the committee of this whack job.....
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67732 Oct 8, 2012
Republican Senator, Vietnam Veteran Endorses President Obama

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-pressler/...

As a combat veteran of two tours in Vietnam with twenty-two years of service as a Republican member of the U.S. House and Senate, I endorse President Barack Obama for a second term as our Commander-in-Chief. Candidates publicly praise our service members, veterans and their families, but President Obama supports them in word and deed, anywhere and every time.

As a Vietnam vet, one of the reasons I support President Obama is because he has consistently shown he understands that our commitment to our servicemen and women may begin when they put on their uniform, but that it must never end.

This decision is not easy for any lifelong Republican. In 2008 I voted for Barack Obama, the first time I ever voted for a Democrat, because the Republican Party was drifting toward a dangerous path that put extreme party ideology above national interest. Mitt Romney heads a party remaining on that dangerous path, proving the emptiness of their praise as they abandon our service members, veterans and military families along the way.

WOW THIS GUY ACTUALLY GIVES ME HOPE FOR CONGRESS... VERY LITTLE HOPE BUT HEY RIGHT ABOUT NOW I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET...
Starlight

United States

#67733 Oct 8, 2012
It seems that Obama is getting illegal campaign contributions from foreign sources ---- a Shanghai, China funds bundler is shoveling money to the Obama campaign --- If Ryan asks Biden about the Chinese funds connection, I hope Joe says it ain't so.

DingleBrain is a dunce

It is the economy stupid
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67734 Oct 8, 2012
Out of Sight, Till Now, and Giving Away Billions

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/nyregion/26...

GREAT STORY WE NEED MORE...
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67735 Oct 8, 2012
Starlight wrote:
It seems that Obama is getting illegal campaign contributions from foreign sources ---- a Shanghai, China funds bundler is shoveling money to the Obama campaign --- If Ryan asks Biden about the Chinese funds connection, I hope Joe says it ain't so.
DingleBrain is a dunce
It is the economy stupid
"As Dinglebrain and his pals post insults"

THE IRONY IS KILLING ME...LMAO IT'S NOT LIGHTS OUT YET? DO ME A FAVOR PROVE ME WRONG AND POST AT 2AM THIS MORNING....
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67736 Oct 8, 2012
Romney calls for US military role in Syrian civil war

http://americablog.com/2012/10/romney-calls-u...

Mitt Romney called today for American military involvement in Syria.

Yes, because if there’s one thing Americans are begging for these days, it’s another war in the Middle East that drains money and requires more US troops.

If the Romney-class put their own sons and daughters on the front lines it might be more sellable, but when is the last time you saw anyone from Romney’s family, the Bush family, or the Cheney family volunteer for battle?

WHAT A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG...
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67737 Oct 8, 2012
The Spectre Of Obama's America

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...

In 2008, Focus on the Family penned (pdf) a “Letter From 2012 in Obama’s America.” Fred Clarke scores their predictions:

Focus on the Family made 34 specific, detailed predictions about what would happen in “Obama’s America.” They came up 0-for-34. Well, let’s be generous — we’ll give them half credit for prediction No. 10. That one correctly foresaw the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”— but then also incorrectly predicted a host of disastrous consequences of that repeal. Obama did repeal DADT, but Christians have not been expelled from the military and the Pentagon isn’t paying “special bonuses” to LGBT recruits.

TOO FUNNY.....
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67738 Oct 8, 2012
Romney loses cool with reporter that catches him in a lie

&fe ature=g-vrec
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67739 Oct 8, 2012
GALLUP: Obama Bouncing Back Already To 5-Point Lead

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romne...

President Barack Obama moved back to a 5-point lead over Mitt Romney, halting the Republican nominee's post-debate momentum. Obama now leads Romney 50 percent to 45 percent in Gallup's daily tracking poll.
Romney had seen a big three-day post-debate move in the Gallup daily tracking poll, but today's results signal that his debate bump is beginning to level off.

GEE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AT LEAST THE SECOND DEBATE....WHO KNEW MAYBE AMERICA DOESN'T JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THE MEDIA...

IT'S THE INTERNET STUPID..... INFORMATION AT ONE'S FINGER TIPS...LITERALLY
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67740 Oct 8, 2012
IT'S BEEN AN HOUR STARLIGHT, NICKLE AND DIME, DINGLEBERRY ETC..ETC... SO I'M GUESSING EST (THAT WOULD EASTERN STANDARD TIME) IT'S LIGHTS OUT AT 8PM.....? WHO KNOWS MAYBE HE WILL PROVE DIFFERENTLY? WE KNOW HE WATCHES THE THREAD 24 7...SO LET'S SEE
Sobe

Emmaus, PA

#67742 Oct 8, 2012
To Draft Dodger Mitt Romney Foreign Policy Equals Endless War

http://www.politicususa.com/draft-dodger-mitt...

After Romney’s usual blame Obama segment, the Republican nominee spoke about his myopic militaristic foreign policy,

The size of our Navy is at levels not seen since 1916. I will restore our Navy to the size needed to fulfill our missions by building 15 ships per year, including three submarines. I will implement effective missile defenses to protect against threats. And on this, there will be no flexibility with Vladimir Putin. And I will call on our NATO allies to keep the greatest military alliance in history strong by honoring their commitment to each devote 2 percent of their GDP to security spending. Today, only 3 of the 28 NATO nations meet this benchmark.

WHAT A NUT JOB... PLEASE JUST PUT A MIKE IN FRONT OF HIS FACE THAT IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Leeward Outlier 222,256
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min VetnorsGate 1,417,185
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 18 min Quirky 393,372
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min OzRitz 60,993
News Presidential golf: Scandal for thee, but not fo... 47 min Slade surfer Thom... 13
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 1 hr Christians In Nam... 146
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 1 hr Christians In Nam... 347
More from around the web