Insight: Shrinking U.S. labor unions see relief in marijuana industry

There are 20 comments on the Feb 6, 2013, Reuters story titled Insight: Shrinking U.S. labor unions see relief in marijuana industry. In it, Reuters reports that:

The medical marijuana shop next to a tattoo parlor on a busy street in Los Angeles looks much like hundreds of other pot dispensaries that dot the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Sure, both break the law on a regular basis.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Sure, both break the law on a regular basis.
You nailed it sir.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Well marijana needs to be leagl. But hope we can keep unions out of it Also keep big business out of it.
Dorian

East Weymouth, MA

#4 Feb 6, 2013
About time all the false info and drama be taken out of marijuana....better to shine a light on it's benefits medically, stop spending tax payer's money on prosecuting and jailing those who need and use...a bit of common sense, and less childish hysteria....
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#5 Feb 6, 2013
We spend close to 500 billion a year nation wide counting city county state and federal money to stalk and arrest and jail people for marijuana alone.......

HUGE WASTE OF MONEY..........

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 6, 2013
sickofit wrote:
We spend close to 500 billion a year nation wide counting city county state and federal money to stalk and arrest and jail people for marijuana alone.......
HUGE WASTE OF MONEY..........
True, but so is the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, OSHA, Department of Agriculture and every other governmental agency not provided for by the constitution.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#7 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>True, but so is the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, OSHA, Department of Agriculture and every other governmental agency not provided for by the constitution.
I do think all you listed should be gone except OSHA.....Without OSHA companies would treat employees safety like they dont care....

So you want the DEA ATF FBI CIA AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND TSA DONE AWAY WITH ALSO.....Since none of those are constitutional

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 6, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>I do think all you listed should be gone except OSHA.....Without OSHA companies would treat employees safety like they dont care....
So you want the DEA ATF FBI CIA AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND TSA DONE AWAY WITH ALSO.....Since none of those are constitutional
fine with me. The states can handle it.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#9 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>fine with me. The states can handle it.
Agreed.

Most GOP voters dont feel like you though. Most GOP voters love controling people private lives....You must be more of a Libertarian like me.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Feb 6, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>I do think all you listed should be gone except OSHA.....Without OSHA companies would treat employees safety like they dont care....
So you want the DEA ATF FBI CIA AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND TSA DONE AWAY WITH ALSO.....Since none of those are constitutional
Here's how OSHA works...they come inspect our facility, find an old table saw without a shutoff, shutoff..yes, shutoff, shutoff...something that keeps it from coming on, if it was in use while the power suddenly went off. apparently they feel that if a saw is on when the power goes off, that some idiot will stick his hand under it, and if the power suddenly comes back on, amputate something....I guess it could happen, but gimme break. so they tell us this saw is a violation, we say, sorry, and we tell them we'll throw it in the dumpster, they say, ok but your fine is $2600......$2600.....kinda steep....finally they let us argue it down to $1600....what nice people, fining us $2600 for a old, non code $200 table saw.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#11 Feb 6, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how OSHA works...they come inspect our facility, find an old table saw without a shutoff, shutoff..yes, shutoff, shutoff...something that keeps it from coming on, if it was in use while the power suddenly went off. apparently they feel that if a saw is on when the power goes off, that some idiot will stick his hand under it, and if the power suddenly comes back on, amputate something....I guess it could happen, but gimme break. so they tell us this saw is a violation, we say, sorry, and we tell them we'll throw it in the dumpster, they say, ok but your fine is $2600......$2600.....kinda steep....finally they let us argue it down to $1600....what nice people, fining us $2600 for a old, non code $200 table saw.
Have things safe and you have no problem...I mean care for your employees and make things safe....WHY IS THAT SO HARD. I know rich people think workers are trash that can be thrown away but that isnt true.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#12 Feb 6, 2013
If the entire reason for Unions now is to force others to agree to never ending demands which make the public poorer than the unioned public workers doing the exact same work than it has to stop.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#13 Feb 6, 2013
More unions, marijuana, and freedom and less war, gun violence, and corporatism, please.

There's an agenda for Obama's second term!:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Sure, both break the law on a regular basis.
While you lie on a CONSTANT basis, au Jimbo.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#15 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>True, but so is the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, OSHA, Department of Agriculture and every other governmental agency not provided for by the constitution.
More pointless, babbling irrelevancies from Topix' worst poster. How do you live with yourself, or is ignorance really bliss, au Jimbo?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Bob Lewis wrote:
If the entire reason for Unions now is to force others to agree to never ending demands which make the public poorer than the unioned public workers doing the exact same work than it has to stop.
This hasn't "stopped" because it's purely your imagination, Bobby ol' boy. You're just an anti-union GOP hater, that's all.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
This hasn't "stopped" because it's purely your imagination, Bobby ol' boy. You're just an anti-union GOP hater, that's all.
Your unending hate and anger must be addressed, Professor Fartsack before you harm somebody. Unless you are already institutionalized, hopefully. You are irrelevant in the real world but we've all seen POS like you lose it because "nobody is listening to you" and in your extremely deluded self absorbed psychosis lash out. This just happened in Alabama but luckily they offed that POS and saved the kid.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#18 Feb 6, 2013
the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
My unending hate, obsessive stalking and anger must be addressed, Professor. I need to stop being a Fartsack before I harm somebody. Unless I'm institutionalized I'll not only remain irrelevant in the real world, but might lose it because "nobody is listening to me." In my extremely deluded self absorbed psychosis, a POS like me might lash out. This nearly happened in Alabama but luckily this POS escaped, and they saved the kid I was molesting.
Worse and worse. You DO need to be in an institution.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19 Feb 6, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Most GOP voters dont feel like you though. Most GOP voters love controling people private lives....You must be more of a Libertarian like me.
That is pure unadultarated bull shit! Most GOP do not want to control people, maybe some right wing radicals, but in general, you comment is crap!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
More unions, marijuana, and freedom and less war, gun violence, and corporatism, please.
There's an agenda for Obama's second term!:)
Where is the growth and Prosperity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,220,619
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Independent patriot 324,685
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min zion 52,870
News Trade Fight Galvanizing the Left 8 min Le Jimbo 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 187,373
News Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away am... 12 min Gov Corbutt of th... 3
News Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate (Sep '14) 42 min GayleWood 4,094
More from around the web