Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

Lincoln

United States

#817 Apr 20, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Party that opposed Abolition, women’s suffrage and Civil Rights.
Republicans
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#818 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans
Actually that would be the Democrats. Ever since president Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves The Democratic party, the party of the K.K.K. have had a history of opposing civil rights. They fought against the 14th amendment and the Civil Rights act of 1964.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#819 Apr 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your service.
Vietnam Vet 1966 & 1969
You too. I'm sure you had it a heck of a lot harder than I did, as the only war I got into was the first Gulf War, and I didn't do much there.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#820 Apr 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so full of it.
I bet you are just the opposite of everything you just said to me.
MFer, cocaine using, marijuana smoking, brain dead, stupid, lying, liberal hippies.
You can close your eyes, cover your ears, cover your mouth, and pretend it ain't happening. Throw a fit if you must.

That's how children react to things they don't like.

Are you a child, or a man?

If you are a man, act like it.

Everything I said was true. I don't BS. And if you were a man, you wouldn't, either.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#822 Apr 21, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can close your eyes, cover your ears, cover your mouth, and pretend it ain't happening. Throw a fit if you must.
That's how children react to things they don't like.
Are you a child, or a man?
If you are a man, act like it.
Everything I said was true. I don't BS. And if you were a man, you wouldn't, either.
look. you can talk all you want. but if you think I'm going to believe everything somebody says on the internet just because they tell me they are honest, you are crazy.

drop dead.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#824 Apr 22, 2013
General Zapata wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that most immigrants "waiting in line" are actually here in the US already. Most of have been waiting for decades. They get all the benefits that a US citizen gets including jobs, licenses, social services, etc.
And some get more benefits than citizens. If you were poor wouldn't you want help ? Would you let your children starve ? Would you let them go without medical help if they were sick ? Of course you wouldn't.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#825 Apr 22, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
And some get more benefits than citizens. If you were poor wouldn't you want help ? Would you let your children starve ? Would you let them go without medical help if they were sick ? Of course you wouldn't.
you would steal it from others. not that you would feel good about it.

..just the same you would. right?

yeah. I understand where you are coming from.

BUT on the same note.. me being the guy that you steal from to feed your children. I'm worried about my children. it's MY stuff you are stealing. everything you steal from me is less for my children.

I'm sure you understand that I will do everything in my power to stop you from stealing my stuff. understand?

it's about survival of the fittest. the law of nature.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#826 Apr 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Republican party seems divided and fighting within. RINO and excellent term.
The Republican party is divided on immigration. The neocon leadership is pro illegal alien and the common sense contingent is against it. Boehner is a sissy boy amnesty supporter who is afraid to anger Obama. He's not much better than Pelosi. The Republican party needs to weed out the neocons if they want my vote. The Democrats have no chance for my vote at this time.
Strong girl

Woodbridge, VA

#827 Apr 22, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.
Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.
The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.
This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:
http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...
When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...
Are you sure you're all of the above?
Strong girl

Woodbridge, VA

#828 Apr 22, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
How strange, many people that I talk to don't share this view. Exactly who are these people who supposedly support this kind of action? Exactly how was the poll worded? I doubt that the majority are ready for what happens after illegals get gifted with the ability to remain and work here. I imagine they can't think outside the box, and don't realize that when employers have to pay them a fair wage, they will lose their jobs, and be in the unemployment line. And lo and behold, another crush of illegals will sneak in to pick up the slack and their jobs, because the border will never be secure...never. I don't believe the garbage that any politician spews about this subject. Bottomline, we are a country of laws, and we don't reward people for breaking them.
Firstly if people come here to work and they work under table there's no way they can collect unemployment so research your facts before you put things out there. the bottom line is you don't pay tax you cannot collect unemployment unless there's something going on in the unemployment office most of us don't know about check your .
Ice Pick Justice

Woodbridge, VA

#829 Apr 22, 2013
Illegal aliens are the disease. Mass deportation is the cure.
Strong girl

Woodbridge, VA

#830 Apr 22, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
Aside from any polls, I've said this before, and believe this to be true;
If we vehemently cracked down on all companies who hire illegals - primarily in the construction, roofing, and agriculture industries, this would not even be a subject any of us would be discussing.
As long as employers are given a free pass to hire them, they will come. E-Verify should be a mandatory requirement foe all employers who have any business license. The problem would then be over.
the problem is not the free pass....the problem is Americans will not work for what the illegals are working for, so therefore they hire immigrants who work fast get the job done and move on to the next thing. So sit on your high horse and think people work hard for little to nothing just because they want to. They do it because the have a family to support and bills to pay..

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Since: Apr 13

Tijuana MX

#832 Apr 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that would be the Democrats. Ever since president Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves The Democratic party, the party of the K.K.K. have had a history of opposing civil rights. They fought against the 14th amendment and the Civil Rights act of 1964.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was the brain child of Democratic President JFK, Jr. What was finally signed into law was JFK's original version enhanced by the Democrats. The Republicans wrote and introduced their own version that was extremely watered down and was mostly inconsequential.

Ironically, this law was the watershed moment for both parties. The Democrats moved towards the left and, one may argue, changed for the better.

The Republicans, then stalwarts of the exact interpretation of the Constitution, moved further to the right, became obsessed with social & cultural engineering, and it's been downhill for them ever since. Unless they change direction now, they will cease to be of any importance on a national level.
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#833 Apr 23, 2013
General Zapata wrote:
<quoted text>
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was the brain child of Democratic President JFK, Jr. What was finally signed into law was JFK's original version enhanced by the Democrats. The Republicans wrote and introduced their own version that was extremely watered down and was mostly inconsequential.
Ironically, this law was the watershed moment for both parties. The Democrats moved towards the left and, one may argue, changed for the better.
The Republicans, then stalwarts of the exact interpretation of the Constitution, moved further to the right, became obsessed with social & cultural engineering, and it's been downhill for them ever since. Unless they change direction now, they will cease to be of any importance on a national level.
and what makes you think that?

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Since: Apr 13

Tijuana MX

#834 Apr 23, 2013
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> and what makes you think that?
Well, just look at how the GOP is floundering around trying woo Hispanic votes away from the Democrat. Hispanics know that their chains are being jerked and will stay away from the GOP. The hard-core right will or have already left and gone tea-bag.
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#835 Apr 23, 2013
General Zapata wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, just look at how the GOP is floundering around trying woo Hispanic votes away from the Democrat. Hispanics know that their chains are being jerked and will stay away from the GOP. The hard-core right will or have already left and gone tea-bag.
When amnesty passes then you can claim that nonsense.republicans know who thier voters are and will not do anything to piss them off. Democrats lack of respect for the American people will cost them in the next election.
USA

El Paso, TX

#836 Apr 23, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
There is a pathway in place for illegals to become citizens. It is in the present immigration laws.
Go home. Wait 10 years. Apply legally.
Use that 10 years to insure passing the requirements for legal entry into the country... you know, educated, self supporting, disease free.

Obama and the political morons should have been deporting all this criminals. Our immigration laws should have been enforced all along.. The Federal government has failed us all, the government has not enforced our immigration laws for a while now. Today illegal immigration has become a free for all. Shame on Obama and the rest, they have let the American citizen down. The politicians in Washington are not doing their work but are pandering to interest groups like La Raza, Mecha and the many more. This is a shame and there is no excuse for it. We have the immigration laws in place that would have put an end to this illegal immigration problem. We would not be in this predicament if our Federal government had done it's job. Now they want to give citizenship to millions just like before. This politicians are a bunch of clueless bozos.
USA

El Paso, TX

#837 Apr 23, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.
Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.
The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.
This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:
http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...
When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...
The reason illegal aliens come here is because they are criminals. They could careless about breaking our laws. It is in their culture they don't follow laws it doesn't pertain to them. Our government says they should come out of the shadows. Our politicians are clueless, illegal aliens are out of the shadows they are brazen, obnoxious, and demanding. They have been out of the shadows for years since our immigration laws have not been enforced. If this amnesty proposal passes our nation will go through a big change and it doesn't look good.
Lincoln

United States

#838 Apr 23, 2013
The immigration proposal pending in Congress would transform the nation’s political landscape for a generation or more — pumping as many as 11 million new Hispanic voters into the electorate a decade from now in ways that, if current trends hold, would produce an electoral bonanza for Democrats and cripple Republican prospects in many states they now win easily.
Beneath the philosophical debates about amnesty and border security, there are brass-tacks partisan calculations driving the thinking of lawmakers in both parties over comprehensive immigration reform, which in its current form offers a pathway to citizenship — and full voting rights — for a group of undocumented residents that roughly equals the population of Ohio, the nation’s seventh-largest state.
Lincoln

United States

#839 Apr 23, 2013
WASHINGTON - Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said on Tuesday that broad legislation to overhaul the nation's immigration laws would further strengthen the country's security system to guard against cases like the Boston Marathon ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min The Donald_ 1,395,076
News News Supreme Court set to close out current ter... 5 min WeTheSheeple 33
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Into The Night 60,079
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min -Dont Panic- 388,026
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 25 min DerekJ 17
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 44 min Cat74 33
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
More from around the web