Girl who performed at Obama inauguration shot dead in Chicago park

Jan 31, 2013 Full story: The Guardian 113

Hadiya Pendleton, who was shot and killed when a gunman opened fire on a group of students.

Full Story

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#64 Jan 31, 2013
It's a shame that one of the last things this poor girl got to see was Beyounce...lip-synching. And Obama... Teleprompting.
Imhotep

United States

#65 Jan 31, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)– A rising chorus of congressional Republicans are calling on President Obama to acknowledge that the pop singer Beyoncé lip-synched during his inaugural festivities on Monday and resign from office, effective immediately.

“By lip-synching the national anthem, Beyoncé has cast a dark cloud over the President’s second term,” said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky).“The only way President Obama can remove that cloud is by resigning from office at once.”

While many in the media have blamed Beyoncé for the lip-synching controversy, Mr. Paul said,“We must remember that this happened on President Obama’s watch.”

Mr. Paul said that the White House’s refusal to comment on the Beyoncé crisis “only serves the argument that this President has something to hide.”

“If Beyoncé lip-synched the national anthem, how do we know President Obama didn’t lip-sync his oath of office?” he said.“If that’s the case, he’s not legally President. But just to be on the safe side, he should resign anyway.”

Mr. Paul also blasted Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her testimony on Benghazi before the Senate today:“Her tactic of answering each and every question we asked her didn’t fool anyone.”
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#66 Jan 31, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
It's a shame that one of the last things this poor girl got to see ....
... was the results and consequences of our gun culture and gun violence in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Guns.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#67 Jan 31, 2013
You just can't face that Obama comes from a neighborhood infected with nasty little gangbangers who kill each other for sport. And he does nothing to stop it. It is so much safer to threaten the law abiding.
Independent

Rushville, IN

#68 Jan 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)– A rising chorus of congressional Republicans are calling on President Obama to acknowledge that the pop singer Beyoncé lip-synched during his inaugural festivities on Monday and resign from office, effective immediately.
“By lip-synching the national anthem, Beyoncé has cast a dark cloud over the President’s second term,” said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky).“The only way President Obama can remove that cloud is by resigning from office at once.”
While many in the media have blamed Beyoncé for the lip-synching controversy, Mr. Paul said,“We must remember that this happened on President Obama’s watch.”
Mr. Paul said that the White House’s refusal to comment on the Beyoncé crisis “only serves the argument that this President has something to hide.”
“If Beyoncé lip-synched the national anthem, how do we know President Obama didn’t lip-sync his oath of office?” he said.“If that’s the case, he’s not legally President. But just to be on the safe side, he should resign anyway.”
Mr. Paul also blasted Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her testimony on Benghazi before the Senate today:“Her tactic of answering each and every question we asked her didn’t fool anyone.”
"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#69 Jan 31, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kiding me if there's so many deaths from guns and knives then it has somthing with how easy it is for a nut job/hitman/idiot to get guns and knives. You will never get all of the guns and knives off the street but you will get off the street will be the majority of automatic assault weapons and knives designed to kill people, and it's not like we can get rid of the nut jobs, hitmen and idiot’s who think they some sort of action man, nut jobs who want to kill just don’t give a f*** about the consequences, hitmen think they're too smart to be caught and stupidity is practically a part of human nature.
In short the only way to prevent gun crime is to stop the wrong people getting guns which involve regulation and for some guns out right banning, if you have better solution that works I wouldn't be surprised if you get a noble peace prize for your efforts in advancing psychology. The ball is in your court.
Hitmen????
You think "Hitmen" are the problem????
Sheesh
CLEVER GLOBO-COMMUNISTS & THEIR USEFUL LIBERAL "Crazy" IDIOTS

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#70 Jan 31, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
... was the results and consequences of our gun culture and gun violence in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Guns.
They sure could have used some guns in BENGHAZI.
CLEVER GLOBO-COMMUNISTS & THEIR USEFUL LIBERAL "Obnoxious" IDIOTS
BFnDeal

New Salem, ND

#71 Jan 31, 2013
Come on, it's Chicago. Rahm is in control. This happens every day.

Since: Oct 08

.

#72 Jan 31, 2013
and ram emanuale' the mayor is worried about banks making loans to gun manufacturers...more proof the left are out to lunch...how is that gun ban working out for you morons in shitcago
Imhotep

United States

#74 Feb 1, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"
;)

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, National Rifle Association C.E.O. Wayne LaPierre warned that the N.R.A. would vigorously oppose any legislation that “limits the sale, purchase, or ownership of politicians.”

“Politicians pose no danger to the public if used correctly,” said Mr. LaPierre, who claims to have over two hundred politicians in his personal collection.“Everyone hears about the bad guys in Congress. Well, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a vote is a good guy with a vote. I’m proud to be the owner of many of those guys.”

Mr. LaPierre’s comments drew a sharp rebuke from Carol Foyler, a politician-control advocate who has spent the past twelve years lobbying for stricter limits on the sale of politicians.

“Right now, a man like Wayne LaPierre can walk right into Congress and buy any politician he wants,” she said.“There’s no background check, no waiting period. And so hundreds of politicians are falling into the hands of people who are unstable and, quite frankly, dangerous.”

In addition to limiting the sale of politicians, Ms. Foyler said, it is time for society to take a look at the “sheer number” of politicians in the U.S.:“There’s no doubt that we would be safer if there were fewer of them.”

For his part, the N.R.A. leader ended his testimony by serving notice that he would “resist any attempt” to take away the hundreds of elected officials he says are legally his.

As if to illustrate that point, he clutched Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) close to his chest and bellowed,“From my cold, dead hands.”

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#77 Feb 1, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
... was the results and consequences of our gun culture and gun violence in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Guns.
Gangs would kill with spears if they ran out of guns.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#78 Feb 1, 2013
It's not the guns, it's the society that we live in....in Europe personal guns are illegal except for a hunting rifle...what prevents some nutcase from taking his hunting rifle into a school and start killing in Lisbon? Madrid? London?...... The culture of the society...that's what, it's not how they think....as a society, America has become violent and cold....shooting and killing is glorified in rap songs, movies, video games,tv shows, etc...
It's not the guns, it's our culture that is bad.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#79 Feb 1, 2013
Mi_nina wrote:
It's not the guns, it's the society that we live in....in Europe personal guns are illegal except for a hunting rifle...what prevents some nutcase from taking his hunting rifle into a school and start killing in Lisbon? Madrid? London?...... The culture of the society...that's what, it's not how they think....as a society, America has become violent and cold....shooting and killing is glorified in rap songs, movies, video games,tv shows, etc...
It's not the guns, it's our culture that is bad.
Europe is not as safe as they would have you believe, take a look at England and Wales where they are quick to tell us that their 2011 murder rate was 1.3 per 100,000 and they have strict gun control with fewer guns. What they won’t mention is though is that while they have a lower murder rate their violent crime rate is 3.5 times what ours was during the same period. They have a combined population of 56 million and suffered 762,515 violent crimes in 2011, which is a rate of 1361 per 100,000 compared to our 386.

The murder rate in cities over 200K is double the national average, take note that in the US we have 186 areas where the population is 200k or greater, in England and Wales they have 32. If our leaders really want to deal with violent crime nothing would do more than to deal with inter-city poverty, un employment and education.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81 Feb 1, 2013
Did they catch the guy?
Was he a Muslim?
Was it terrorism?
Why isn't the shooter even mentioned?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#82 Feb 1, 2013
Jizzlam wrote:
<quoted text>
lawrence wolf, a fat slob posting live 24/7/365 from his mommy's basement
Another boring "mommy's basement" crack from the demented right. Fuckoff, lowlife.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#83 Feb 1, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>

"Is it worth it for me to keep posting my mindless bulshit on that forum and spreading the very information that is gonna lead to even more suffering for my fellow liberal bastards and whores?"
Think long and hard about that because I have a great deal more to post and if you think those methods above were evil, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Now Prof and I have gone head to head many of time (all of which I won. LOL *jabs @ Prof*).

But who the f*ck are you to tell someone what they can and cannot say? Like it or not douchebag, everyone has the right to free speech. Just because you my not agree with it doe not mean they do not have a right to say it.

You sir need to learn about morality, virtue, and humanity.

Mr Bill should have your IP address banned.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#84 Feb 1, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe is not as safe as they would have you believe, take a look at England and Wales where they are quick to tell us that their 2011 murder rate was 1.3 per 100,000 and they have strict gun control with fewer guns. What they won’t mention is though is that while they have a lower murder rate their violent crime rate is 3.5 times what ours was during the same period. They have a combined population of 56 million and suffered 762,515 violent crimes in 2011, which is a rate of 1361 per 100,000 compared to our 386.
The murder rate in cities over 200K is double the national average, take note that in the US we have 186 areas where the population is 200k or greater, in England and Wales they have 32. If our leaders really want to deal with violent crime nothing would do more than to deal with inter-city poverty, un employment and education.
Robert while I was born and raised in Savannah Ga to a heavily armed family..I did grow up and move onward...I believe in the right to bear arms, but I do also believe there needs to be restrictions on the kinds of guns and who should have them.
I have a house in Portugal, I am there several months every year. In Lisbon my husband and I have walked the streets of the Alfama late at night, feeling totally safe because here are no handguns in the population, and the society there is nicer, more respectful of people. Believe me, America has de-evolved into a mean, thoughtless society that respects no one.

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#85 Feb 1, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The killing field where this girl died is less then a mile from Obama's Chicago home. The stupid woman at Homeland Security says if you need to overcome a mass muderer use scissors. Yep, scissors. Me, I'd raher shoot the SOB. They can never ever make a civilized area of Chicago's south side. It is their culture to kill one another. Where is Barack,and Rahm when the real killing is going on?
Confused nonsense. What's it's proximity to Obama's house got to do with anything? Does he run Chicago? You talk about how to handle "mass murderers" then claim people on the South Side are simply "uncivilized" and nothing can be done, "it's their culture."

Why shouldn't we just acknowledge that you're a dumb, partisan racist right-winger and dismiss your posts accordingly?

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#86 Feb 1, 2013
Mi_nina wrote:
<quoted text>the laws say we have the rights to bear arms and form civilian militias...
How does this answer my questions or refute any points I made?

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#87 Feb 1, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>See the above post for an example of the Chicken Little type hand wringing that is emanating from our friends on the Marxist side of the fence.
Mixed metaphors, mixed-up thinking...a true rightie idjit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Lois 294,643
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 5 min havent forgotten 678
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 6 min freebird 19
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TSM 1,156,127
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 23 min Reverend Alan 3,113
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 28 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 28
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Lesser of Two Evils 49,347
More from around the web