Ban on new fed gun laws stalled in Arizona Senate

Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando

A Republican proposal barring enforcement of any federal laws affecting semi-automatic weapons or high-capacity ammunition magazines appears dead after it was pulled from consideration in the Arizona Senate over constitutional questions, the proposal's author said Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

Since: Apr 09

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I guess Ward will probably what to be governor since she likes to pick a fight with the federal government like Governor Brewer. Instead of trying to fix the lousy education system here or trying to raise AZ wage rate from the bottom, she wants to waste time on this crap. What a loser.
Chuck

Sedona, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Sounds like you put very little importance in the Constitution Roco. When you think of all the people who gave their life defending it for you you would think it would be a priority Trouble is to many seek to destroy the BOR.

Far as wages Maybe a better education and some hard work might raise the living standard of some of the people

Since: Apr 09

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
Sounds like you put very little importance in the Constitution Roco. When you think of all the people who gave their life defending it for you you would think it would be a priority Trouble is to many seek to destroy the BOR.
Far as wages Maybe a better education and some hard work might raise the living standard of some of the people
Wrong. I place a high standard of importance on the Constitution. I just don't like all these knee-jerk reactions to something that has not even happened yet. No laws have been imposed. Fellow senators and senate lawyers told Ward that her bill will be unconstitutional and she pulled the bill. Sounds to me that Ward was putting "very little importance" in the Constitution. Some people should think before they speak. By the way, I am all for gun ownership and the 2nd Amendment. I'm just not for someone always looking for a opportunity to sound like a extremist and wants to do away with the government.
Chuck

Sedona, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Make no mistake the federal government is bent on destroying the Constitution. If the State doesn't take a strong stand the Republic as we know it will cease. Under the 10th amendment we have States Rights. What they have done is reaffirm are rights under the 10th amendment.

That is what the War Of Northern Aggression was really about. The North destroying States Rights Its time to take them back or we will cease to exist as a free nation
AZgirl99

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Ward is my hero! AT LAST somebody who is ready to stand up to the stinking putrid treasonous Feds

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Barack Obama Forum right now

Search the Barack Obama Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min scirocco 1,073,373
Obama blamed for immigration influx 6 min scirocco 147
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Coffee Party 240,590
Justices: Can't Make Employers Cover Contraception 9 min Le Jimbo 305
Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds 21 min scirocco 100
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 33 min litesong 31,879
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min SpaceBlues 45,611
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••