Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#73465 Jul 3, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 46
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#73467 Jul 4, 2013
Can I have a nice cup of tea, please?
John wrote:
I've skipped the answers. My spam exposes that I realize the futility of my faith based belief in a prime mover.
I come back to make myself feel better about my delusion. What's the object of my spam today?....Evidence based thinking and skepticism?
Stump John! Ask me for something other than delusional and repetitive spam.46
John

United States

#73468 Jul 4, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 47
John

United States

#73469 Jul 4, 2013
I like it when my grunty hole is tickled with a feather duster. 1

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#73471 Jul 4, 2013
Everywhere I travel in USA I see closed vacant churches...YEA FOR FREEDOM.
John

United States

#73472 Jul 4, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*32
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#73473 Jul 4, 2013
“I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved it doesn't exist!”
― J.K. Rowling

Religion = superstition
C. Sense
John

United States

#73474 Jul 4, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 48

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#73475 Jul 4, 2013
John wrote:
Stump a cult member....Ask them to prove there god is real.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73476 Jul 4, 2013
John wrote:
The coward with no proof of god, convinces atheists he has no morals or honesty of any kind.
John

United States

#73477 Jul 4, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 49
Imhotep

United States

#73478 Jul 4, 2013
PSA

Yawns, Zzzz - Category

@john 'makes the presupposition' his feeble mind works or anyone cares!

@john 'Absolutely. Right back at ya'
Indicates a total detachment from rational thought. Devoid of reason, commonsense, facts, and logic.

@john 'Atheism is simply disbelief'
This is the ONLY "truth" he's posted.

@john 'I contend the preponderance of evidence'
Translated = I never research anything because I know everything. Ask me and my Narcissistic persona will tell you!

Irony meter explodes again...

@john 'Another day of ineptitude'
Once again @John speaks the truth about his daily ineptitude.

@john 'You skipped'
Once again @John speaks the truth. All of his posts are skipped.

@john psychobabble to begin soon !
see below ;)
I
|
\/
John

United States

#73479 Jul 4, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 50

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73480 Jul 4, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions.
And YOU?

You skipped the answers-- your silence means you don't HAVE an answer to anything.

Fail.
John

United States

#73481 Jul 4, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 51

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73482 Jul 4, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. Your silence
And YOU?

You skipped the answers-- your silence means you don't HAVE an answer to anything.

Fail.
John

United States

#73484 Jul 4, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 52
True Atheist

Long Beach, CA

#73485 Jul 4, 2013
Publius2 wrote:
Why is it so improtant for atheists to evangelize?
It's not. The true atheist would not, as it doesn't matter. As long as my life is not interfered with, and no one tries to shove it down my throat (so to speak), I will not make protesting a religion, my religion.

That's what in effect these so called atheists have done, made protesting their religion, and given strength to the religious in the process. They do more harm than good.

Plus, got to admit, there is a certain 'passion' that goes with religion...and if Christianity were to disappear in America, that would leave the door open to Islam in America.

Sooooo, while Christians merely think we are going to hell -in a polite manner for the most part-, Muslims will try and help us along the way to hell- and very vigorously I might add.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Oh, and about this ad I saw in the paper about the Constitution and country being a Godless country, using quotes from some of the Founding fathers.

As a history teacher and Atheist I think it is a sad day for Atheism when we have to use the quotes of men who were either Christians, or Deist believers in a God, to justify our own position. Really? That's the best we could do?

What these men saw during their time was a plethora of fanatical religious groups that made the Westboro Baptists seem like an agnostic charity club; thus their wariness of religious groups.

Most of them were Church goers themselves, or Christian flavored Deists. The ad would have been more accurate to say a religionless, as opposed to godless, Constitution/country founding.

To use such dishonesty...well, again, such hurts more than helps. Only the educated bother to read newspapers anymore (for the most part), and those will immediately recognize the dishonesty in the ad. Those who are religious or believers in a higher being/deity
(not necessarily the same thing) will scoff at the obvious subterfuge, while Atheists will be disturbed that this was the best we could do, and a historically deceptive best at that.

Ah well.

Location hidden

#73486 Jul 4, 2013
True Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not. The true atheist would not, as it doesn't matter. As long as my life is not interfered with, and no one tries to shove it down my throat (so to speak), I will not make protesting a religion, my religion.
That's what in effect these so called atheists have done, made protesting their religion, and given strength to the religious in the process. They do more harm than good.
Plus, got to admit, there is a certain 'passion' that goes with religion...and if Christianity were to disappear in America, that would leave the door open to Islam in America.
Sooooo, while Christians merely think we are going to hell -in a polite manner for the most part-, Muslims will try and help us along the way to hell- and very vigorously I might add.
Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.
Oh, and about this ad I saw in the paper about the Constitution and country being a Godless country, using quotes from some of the Founding fathers.
As a history teacher and Atheist I think it is a sad day for Atheism when we have to use the quotes of men who were either Christians, or Deist believers in a God, to justify our own position. Really? That's the best we could do?
What these men saw during their time was a plethora of fanatical religious groups that made the Westboro Baptists seem like an agnostic charity club; thus their wariness of religious groups.
Most of them were Church goers themselves, or Christian flavored Deists. The ad would have been more accurate to say a religionless, as opposed to godless, Constitution/country founding.
To use such dishonesty...well, again, such hurts more than helps. Only the educated bother to read newspapers anymore (for the most part), and those will immediately recognize the dishonesty in the ad. Those who are religious or believers in a higher being/deity
(not necessarily the same thing) will scoff at the obvious subterfuge, while Atheists will be disturbed that this was the best we could do, and a historically deceptive best at that.
Ah well.
Sock puppet.

Location hidden

#73487 Jul 4, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 52
Coward with no proof of god. its that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Voter 1,404,313
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Dr Guru 219,485
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 34 min Talkin To IBdaNight 35,559
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 38 min Cheech the Conser... 391,270
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 42 min George 6,107
News Mandela's remains transferred to air base (Dec '13) 5 hr Geezer Disease 5
News KKK Endorsement (Mar '08) 6 hr Divorce Attorney 132
More from around the web