Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John K

Akron, OH

#70884 Apr 7, 2013
That's it I still win! Night all! It's been fun playing stump the pro-theist. See you all tomorrow!
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#70885 Apr 7, 2013
John K wrote:
Now I have to get on my recliner and pray to JR Bob Dobbs that I may find more slack in the days ahead!
I have to admit this is hilarious John K!

Dueling John's - pistols at dawn... <smirks>

I simply refuse to argue with idiots - they lower me to their level and then beat me with experience!
John K

Medina, OH

#70886 Apr 7, 2013
The JR Bob Dobbs reference usually flies of most people's head!
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#70890 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, inserting color when it suits your prejudice such as when you wish to portray blacks as bad is bigotry. Removing color when you wish to falsely make the assumption that it was not black when it is a good thing is bigotry.
In fact, most Jews are Black and since Israel is in the Northern portion of Africa, which we call the Middle East, it is you who needs to explain your prejudices.
Unless you are claiming the Imhotep was a Martian, then he was a black African king who was known as the Great Pyramid builder.
It's always refreshing to see a bigot at work.

Do you still have your white sheet?

Peekaboo!

Consult the library and you can learn all you wish about Imhotep.

Example: And a cool piece I might. Add ;)

In Ancient Egypt, Imhotep was considered to be an example of "personality cult" of Kemet, the notion that a person can be deified after his death and become some sort of a special intercessor for the living.

Nonetheless, the conditions of Imhotep’s death are unknown. The mystery behind his death is amplified as his disappearance coincided with the disappearance of all his medical texts and architectural manuscripts.

His tomb has never been found.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imhotep#sectio...

In addition, despite his major impact on Ancient Egyptian architecture and field of medicine, even ancient historians failed to write about him, which adds to his mystery.

What makes this mystery somewhat ironic is that the name "Imhotep" in Ancient Egyptian language translates to “He who came in peace,” underlining the way he came into the world, made his impact, and left it in peace taking all his genius work with him. However, Imhotep became even more famous with his death and was worshipped for 2,000 years afterwards.

Because of the mystery behind his death, he was considered as a demi-god. In Greek mythology, Asclepius was the god of medicine, therefore, Imhotep was often associated with him. Some even believed that he was Asclepius himself.

Only statues made of him remained which referred to his genius mind and served to illustrate his existence on earth. After his death, he was known to be responsible for the use of columns and monumental stone in Egyptian architecture and considered to have fully advanced ancient Egyptian medicine.

Nevertheless, he slowly turned into a legend and then a myth

Schools out Sparky
Adeiu

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70891 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you get it. Rational people do. You have a certain flair for exposing these antitheists that I'm enjoying.
I've heard enough nonsense in the last five years to last a lifetime. At this point they know my simple prerequisites for debate. Everything relevant has been covered and/or exposed.
Welcome to Stumpville!
Stump John: ask him for an .... ARGUMENT in support of his delusions.

John never delivers.

Ever.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70892 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise. 4
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70893 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have contributed one relevant point since you got here. You usually just cheerlead for Bob. I could be wrong. Provide what you feel is your most relevant post and I may reconsider.
PS Bob may be on the market. See above.
Nothing Bless
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70894 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, inserting color when it suits your prejudice such as when you wish to portray blacks as bad is bigotry. Removing color when you wish to falsely make the assumption that it was not black when it is a good thing is bigotry.
In fact, most Jews are Black and since Israel is in the Northern portion of Africa, which we call the Middle East, it is you who needs to explain your prejudices.
Unless you are claiming the Imhotep was a Martian, then he was a black African king who was known as the Great Pyramid builder.
Black, white, red or ... green.

Doesn't matter: you are all batsh7t insane.

There is no getting around that -- you are nucking futz.

Batsh7t crazy. Off your rocker. Looney.

You have, and I mean this literally, lost your mind.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70895 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you are beaten by idiots and you admit it, is what is revealing and telling of you. I see, that the same village idiot, you, belongs to many villages. You must be the best at what you do, being the village idiot.
You're still insane.

This post only helps prove that fact.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70896 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>They really are too easy. I expected that they would at least give it a good ole attempt. The best they could do was Cgay trying to blame Bush for what Clinton did and then saying that it was the GOP senate and house which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act. That exposes the fact that it was also the GOP who balanced the budget and not Clinton and he was done, toast.
Oh! I did not realize how batsh7t crazy you were-- but you just cemented the deal!

Too funny!

Your state of mental delusion is beyond the average True Believer™-- you are literally living in a fairy-world of make-believe.

Wow.
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#70897 Apr 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Stump John: ask him for an .... ARGUMENT in support of his delusions.
John never delivers.
Ever.
I disagree!

John does deliver - Almost as quick as your Pizza Hut - She delivers pabulum - Identical stale taste as her last pizza - She has received the Fred Phelps award of honor - She desperately needs attention - Someday she may work herself up to a Syllable.

She needs seed money To continue her tireless robo-posting efforts - And use of more letters on the keyboard copy paste is about all she knows.

;)
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#70898 Apr 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! I did not realize how batsh7t crazy you were-- but you just cemented the deal!
Too funny!
Your state of mental delusion is beyond the average True Believer™-- you are literally living in a fairy-world of make-believe.
Wow.
Yeah this one's brain-dead.

I am jealous!

Our favorite Jesus Roche a.k.a. John has never included me in one of his nothing posts.

Oh the horror. Did that sound sarcastic?

Silly boy you can't hear writing! John Can!

He sees the invisible knows the unknowable, a 'legend in his own mind'.

He pats himself on the back so often I'm surprised she hasn't broken both Arms!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70899 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree!
John does deliver - Almost as quick as your Pizza Hut - She delivers pabulum - Identical stale taste as her last pizza - She has received the Fred Phelps award of honor - She desperately needs attention - Someday she may work herself up to a Syllable.
She needs seed money To continue her tireless robo-posting efforts - And use of more letters on the keyboard copy paste is about all she knows.
;)
:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70900 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah this one's brain-dead.
I am jealous!
Our favorite Jesus Roche a.k.a. John has never included me in one of his nothing posts.
Oh the horror. Did that sound sarcastic?
Silly boy you can't hear writing! John Can!
He sees the invisible knows the unknowable, a 'legend in his own mind'.
He pats himself on the back so often I'm surprised she hasn't broken both Arms!
John hasn't posted anything new in months-- he has cut-and-pasted the same sh7t so often, I recognize it from the first couple of words-- so I know it's safe to skip over. Nothing new.

I doubt he's capable of an actual, original thought-- that would literally break his head.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70905 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, bigot, it is you who has the problem when Imhotep being a black Jew, not I. Perhaps, it is you with the white pointed hood.
No, bigot, any fool can do a google search. Was is amazing is that you point to it as your knowledge. Perhaps, you can buy some African history books or books about the Great Kings of Africa. You know, like I did. Even more so, buy a few books about the great black kings of Europe.
I suggest that you go to school,period. If you considered a google search as school, then you are in great need of an education.
Trust me, you are way over your head. It was the black Ethiopians who brought language and writings to the world. Plato and Aristotle sat as students to black scholars. Now, what were you saying, bigot?
You are a liar. There is no proof Imohotep was a black Jew. Nor is there any proof of black European Kings. Nor is there proof that Ethiopians brought writing to the world. Your Afrocentric lies have nothing to do with the thread

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70906 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>What bigot? Black does not matter to you bigots when you are describing success. You racist bigots are afraid to admit that blacks were the ones who brought civilization to Caucus Mountain uncivilized white cave men.
Don't worry, I expect stupidity from your village. Keep doing what you do best, representing your village as the Village Idiot. I mean this literally, you are a racist due to your non-accomplished living.
Good night. I am sure that you will spend the rest of the night, whining about being exposed as a racist.
You are a racist sir.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70907 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Boooots, if is up to you to go back and read the thread contents or not. In any case, I can assure John that your ignorance and lack of worth is not worthy of your delusion. Since, you do not believe that a "prime mover: can be proven by man, then your request is just out of stupidity.
If you have nothing to prove, then shut up, because no one asked you or even cared what you might think. Really, proof of a negative can not be proven? That is just stupid. I can prove that I am not God, and I can also prove that you do not have much in your bank account.
If you can not prove that something does not exist, then the smart position for you would be agnosticism but you choose the dumb road.
What more must we be agnostic about? Hobgoblins, talking Rhinos, genies, Fairies, witches?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70908 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ask you this, why would you continue to care about a man named Jesus and what he cares, if you claim that he did not exist.
Because Jesusfreaks like you continue to use him to oppress people.
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how any religion could be evil? How could religion have human qualities? Do you think that your house is evil? Do you think that math is evil?
Religion is an idea, a way of life. A house is just an object. The fact that you can compare those two shows that you are an idiot.
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what we find throughout history is you gays killing yourselves, other gays and children. Now, you wish to pretend that you gay atheists did not kill Jews and Christians, and enslave blacks, but you did.
Most killings have been done by Christians and Muxxies

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70909 Apr 8, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, if you cared to go to school, then you would know that Hindus and Buddhists share the same God, and the same as Jews and Christians. It is a matter of perspective and Hindus also have other gods within their religion. Now, would be time for you to learn something, go to school and don't be a fool who acts like a tool. Your closed-minded attempt did not work. Next time seek information before you go on a rant based on your delusions.
Besides, why would I have to prove to you that their gods exist or do not exist, when you do not believe that they do. Sorry, you are the atheist and your claim is that neither the Hindu gods, Buddhist God or Christian God exists. In fact, it is the same God.
Now, get an education and the proof called a life worth living.
Buddhists do not have a god,dummy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism
Hindus worship anything as a god, a belief that is not consistent with the monotheism of the Abrahamic gods.
John

United States

#70910 Apr 8, 2013
The only thing we seem to agree on is that Christianity has been the greatest institution for good the world has ever known

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min positronium 1,601,545
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 36 min Ms Mack 672
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Joe Balls 242,612
News DACA recipients question future 5 hr Dee Dee Dee 216
News The news media love America. The government, no... 5 hr Erl 63
News Opinion Column: Hard-liners on DACA may be too ... 5 hr spytheweb 5
News Can Congress Save DACA? 5 hr spytheweb 32
More from around the web