Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70864 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, if you cared to go to school, then you would know that Hindus and Buddhists share the same God, and the same as Jews and Christians.
Lie.

If it WAS the same god?

Then they would all have the same beliefs.

Do they?

Nope.

You lie-- why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70865 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped my questions booots and chose instead to create a false claim and attribute it to me. That's what liberal atheists do.
You loons are entrenched in your nothing cult. We have seen your version of jihad. Liberty and life are snuffed.
Tell us more about your disbelief. Believers are slow so this might take a while.
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?
John

United States

#70866 Apr 7, 2013
Yes, please go on.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70867 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
Yes, please go on.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

Shall I go on?
John

United States

#70868 Apr 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gay. I just think EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW IS CORRECT.
You?
You are just a bigot, full of hate.
Who Would Jesus Murder?
Hmmm?
I bet you know-- he'd murder everyone YOU want to murder.
All the gays, for example-- I'm certain you wish them dead.
Your hate is showing.
How do you know you aren't gay Bob? Perhaps social mores and upbringing has clouded your judgment. Are you anti-science as well? An orgasm releases chemicals that create a feeling of pleasure. You claim no moral qualms with homosexual sex and have described it as natural and normal. You hate gays and are intolerant. Increase your odds, unless you are a bigot.

Feelings can't be trusted. Go with the science.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70869 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you aren't gay Bob? Perhaps social mores and upbringing has clouded your judgment. Are you anti-science as well? An orgasm releases chemicals that create a feeling of pleasure. You claim no moral qualms with homosexual sex and have described it as natural and normal. You hate gays and are intolerant. Increase your odds, unless you are a bigot.
Feelings can't be trusted. Go with the science.

Shall I go on?
John

United States

#70870 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>That is what atheists do. If they had common sense, then they would not base their lives on what they don't believe.
Ask an atheist what his evaluation has concluded regarding what will happen after he dies. You will get a different answer from each of them. You see, atheism is a jumbled and scrambled religion. Even the rats and apes have a voice.
Yeah, you get it. Rational people do. You have a certain flair for exposing these antitheists that I'm enjoying.
I've heard enough nonsense in the last five years to last a lifetime. At this point they know my simple prerequisites for debate. Everything relevant has been covered and/or exposed.

Welcome to Stumpville!
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#70871 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>If you admit to soliciting support from "boooots", who admits to spending time in a mental hospital and being whipped and rejected as a child, then you desperation is complete. But, then you can not deal with the fact that Imhotep was a black Jewish scholar who became King. Many suggest that he is also known as Joseph, from the Bible.
To insert a color in front of Jewish is bigotry get over it.

Desperation?
I think you're going to have to explain that Sparky.
John

United States

#70872 Apr 7, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise. 4
John K

Akron, OH

#70873 Apr 7, 2013
Just for the sake of clarity.

What is a god? What is a prime mover? And why would a prime mover only be a god? Couldn't a prime mover be something less god like? How could it be proven that the god mentioned in the Koran is the prime mover and not one of the Greek gods? If I pray to Vishnu and Vishnu doesn't exist have I wasted my time? If I prayed real hard and sincerely for Zeus to grant my wish to be gay will Ra get pissed and force me to be straight. If god couldn't realize that he screwed up, and had to flood the whole earth, how will we ever be sure he won't screw up again? And why could he not fly around the earth real fast and turn back time like Superman? Since we are made in the image of god why wear cloths? Since all humans start out with no gender assignment until many days into their gestation period, is god gender-less. If not does god pee standing up or sitting down? If the prime mover had other things planed ( say a big date with a less prime mover) would we be here now? If I increase my slack, just like the prophet Bob has foretold will I be blessed with an eternity of endless pasta? All praise and honor be unto JR Bob Dobbs, our savior.
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#70874 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have read enough of their posts already to understand why you called them that. If those posting on Topix is the best that all Christendom has to put forward the demise of religion will be sooner than I think. The Christians posting on Topix alone will drive many people from the faith.
What Fred Phelps is doing for the gay movement, Christians here are doing for atheism.
Ain't it the truth!

Oh we have many names for these sheep.

True Christian™

True Believer®

True Bible Thumper©

Of course they don't represent mainstream Christianity.

Only the lunatic fringe (jesus roaches) and it shows up here for our entertainment.

We must pardon the mental illness however
John K

Akron, OH

#70875 Apr 7, 2013
Other John you have not answered any of my questions. You pro-theist always dance around waving your gods in our faces. But for the past three minutes you have not answered my questions. I win by default. Four minutes a and still counting!
John K

Akron, OH

#70876 Apr 7, 2013
I win again. 12 minuets and still dancing!
John

United States

#70877 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
To insert a color in front of Jewish is bigotry get over it.
Desperation?
I think you're going to have to explain that Sparky.
I don't think you have contributed one relevant point since you got here. You usually just cheerlead for Bob. I could be wrong. Provide what you feel is your most relevant post and I may reconsider.

PS Bob may be on the market. See above.

Nothing Bless
John K

Akron, OH

#70878 Apr 7, 2013
For the love of Zeus you pro-theist make it too easy. No answer yet I still win.
John K

Akron, OH

#70879 Apr 7, 2013
Other John your total lack of a position on the Superman turning back time thing is totally like bogus. You fail to understand the time contunum conundrums. I win! Again!
John K

Akron, OH

#70880 Apr 7, 2013
Five post and still no answer, I win!
John K

Akron, OH

#70881 Apr 7, 2013
I could keep this up for at least 3 more post but after that it is past my bed time. And you don't want to see me when I'm tired. I still win even when I sleep.
John K

Akron, OH

#70882 Apr 7, 2013
Now I have to get on my recliner and pray to JR Bob Dobbs that I may find more slack in the days ahead!
John K

Akron, OH

#70883 Apr 7, 2013
JR Bob Dobbs wishes everyone a heap of slack for all. Especially you the other John!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 51 min Curious 1,644,224
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who are the Clima... 64,174
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Farting More 24,616
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 3 hr Into The Night 1,239
News Racism and Nationalism Were Central to the Elec... 4 hr 2all 22
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 6 hr Ms Sassy 986
News Trump's Mar-a-Lago Thanksgiving 6 hr Just Wondering 2
More from around the web