Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,353)

Showing posts 67,041 - 67,060 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means click on them. Same nothing as every other post in here. I noticed no one marching with Bobs agenda had the intellectual honesty to call Bob on his lie regarding me receiving threats. Want the page #?
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Skipping steps to avoid their nothing right to the end game; marginalizing Christianity.
you must be kidding.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.,,
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The larger question is something vs nothing. You can't even get started with your nothing but want to go all the way specifically to an Abrahamic God. It could reach that level of discussion. We could discuss whether God is a sentient being and any number of questions, but we won't, and the reason is your refusal to meet my reasonable prerequisites.
Now you can get upset and lash out at this God you don't believe in or move on. I was clear and honest about this in 2009 and haven't budged. Your nothing is fine. I get it. Your other nonsense will get checked.
Nothing Bless.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Yawn. Since nothing in this arena is provable according to your standard it very likely means it is nothing.
Is this forum unable to grasp I don't debate nothing and I have not been the one going around making claims. You simply want to steer the narrative onto something else. You singulary choose to do this with a God you don't believe in. I have thoroughly exposed your evidentiary process. That's why you skipped the questions.
You will not be the arbiter of evidence. You will not have a forum and throw out question after question expecting me to answer whatever axe you have to grind today.
I see no accountable position of belief or evidence from you. Keep repeating the same shyte the other antitheists do.
I do offer you the chance to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs ???. Fill in the blank.
It's fashionable in your crowd to marginalize believers but you realize there are multiple disciplines and great thinkers with a laundry list reasons, evidences, coincidences, guideposts, whatever term you like to make my case. If it doesn't satisfy you I don't care. Never did. That's your forums way to shirk any intellectual burden.
You skipped my questions by the way.
What do you believe?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be kidding.
Pipe down bigot. Your nothing is stale and illogical.
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how I am a bigot, when you aren't man enough to show us your _od.

First show us your _od and then we will take your seriously. That's how the world works.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

You need to catch up little fella. Another bigot fail with basic reading comprehension.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A man says he was refused a job at a country house hotel near Colchester—simply because he was a Christian.
Graphic designer Jamie Haxby applied for a job at Prested Hall hotel in the United Kingdom to assist with marketing and promotion. But, he claims, he was told he couldn’t have the job because some of the hotel staff are atheists who wouldn’t work with a committed Christian.
Haxby has tried to resolve his dispute with the hotel, but they have ignored his approaches and the matter is now heading for an Employment Tribunal.
According to Haxby’s claim form submitted to the Employment Tribunal, he was interviewed for the job on Dec. 4 by Celie Parker. He says that during the job interview he was asked whether he was a Christian, and he said yes.
As Parker flicked through his portfolio, she noticed that it contained work done for churches and other Christian groups. She said he was clearly a committed Christian, and remarked that she and other people on her team were atheists. She said they could never work with a committed Christian, and apologized for wasting Haxby’s time.
Haxby was astonished, and said that his religion should not stop him being considered for the job. According to Haxby, she then said other candidates had more experience and he was not offered the job.
Religious discrimination is unlawful, and the law covers the way job interviews are conducted, not just the outcome. Haxby’s claim for religious discrimination is being supported by The Christian Institute, a national charity that defends the civil liberties of Christians.
Spokesman Mike Judge said:“Jamie’s case is shocking, and shows that discrimination against Christians is getting more brazen. There’s no place for this anti-Christian intolerance at the hands of aggressive atheists. It’s high time the Government took the issue more seriously.”
Prested Hall country house hotel denies religious discrimination, saying the job was given to a more experienced candidate.
440 6
So it's okay for christians to deny atheists all the time, but not atheists denying christians once.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you agree that 99% of prisoners belong to your religious club.
And why not?
Your religion teaches NO CONSEQUENCES:
** commit a crime? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.
** rape someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.
** murder someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.
** steal from someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.
Sad.
Fortunately? SECULAR law does not agree.
Evangelistic Atheists are the most amusing with their great fear that somehow, someone, somewhere still believes in God .

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

There's that word "bigot" again.

John. I have to admit that this feels like the boy who cried wolf. I have repeatedly seen you call people bigots after they say noting generalizing all Christians as horrible people but in the same message you group all atheists and insult them.

Jimmy may have said something bigoted, but after what I have seen so far.... I can't believe it without evidence.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A man says he was refused a job at a country house hotel near Colchester—simply because he was a Christian.
Graphic designer Jamie Haxby applied for a job at Prested Hall hotel in the United Kingdom to assist with marketing and promotion. But, he claims, he was told he couldn’t have the job because some of the hotel staff are atheists who wouldn’t work with a committed Christian.
Haxby has tried to resolve his dispute with the hotel, but they have ignored his approaches and the matter is now heading for an Employment Tribunal.
According to Haxby’s claim form submitted to the Employment Tribunal, he was interviewed for the job on Dec. 4 by Celie Parker. He says that during the job interview he was asked whether he was a Christian, and he said yes.
As Parker flicked through his portfolio, she noticed that it contained work done for churches and other Christian groups. She said he was clearly a committed Christian, and remarked that she and other people on her team were atheists. She said they could never work with a committed Christian, and apologized for wasting Haxby’s time.
Haxby was astonished, and said that his religion should not stop him being considered for the job. According to Haxby, she then said other candidates had more experience and he was not offered the job.
Religious discrimination is unlawful, and the law covers the way job interviews are conducted, not just the outcome. Haxby’s claim for religious discrimination is being supported by The Christian Institute, a national charity that defends the civil liberties of Christians.
Spokesman Mike Judge said:“Jamie’s case is shocking, and shows that discrimination against Christians is getting more brazen. There’s no place for this anti-Christian intolerance at the hands of aggressive atheists. It’s high time the Government took the issue more seriously.”
Prested Hall country house hotel denies religious discrimination, saying the job was given to a more experienced candidate.
440 6
It's hard not to use sarcasm here....

This situation is very unfair yes.... But if this is aiming at Christian persecution?!?! Wow! First we are being told that the number of atheists are declining ... Then that there aren't very many even now.... Now you are acting like a minority.

Look up the atheist discrimination...

I would post a link but I see nobody actually clicks on them so i won't waste my time doing the research for you.

I apologize for the tone... My reaction wasn't the best but I'm posting it anyway. Lol
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard not to use sarcasm here....
This situation is very unfair yes.... But if this is aiming at Christian persecution?!?! Wow! First we are being told that the number of atheists are declining ... Then that there aren't very many even now.... Now you are acting like a minority.
Look up the atheist discrimination...
I would post a link but I see nobody actually clicks on them so i won't waste my time doing the research for you.
I apologize for the tone... My reaction wasn't the best but I'm posting it anyway. Lol
"Do unto others..." type of situation... agree

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means click on them. Same nothing as every other post in here. I noticed no one marching with Bobs agenda had the intellectual honesty to call Bob on his lie regarding me receiving threats. Want the page #?
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Skipping steps to avoid their nothing right to the end game; marginalizing Christianity.

Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,000 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.,,

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
The larger question is something vs nothing. You can't even get started with your nothing but want to go all the way specifically to an Abrahamic God. It could reach that level of discussion. We could discuss whether God is a sentient being and any number of questions, but we won't, and the reason is your refusal to meet my reasonable prerequisites.
Now you can get upset and lash out at this God you don't believe in or move on. I was clear and honest about this in 2009 and haven't budged. Your nothing is fine. I get it. Your other nonsense will get checked.
Nothing Bless.

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
Yawn. Since nothing in this arena is provable according to your standard it very likely means it is nothing.
Is this forum unable to grasp I don't debate nothing and I have not been the one going around making claims. You simply want to steer the narrative onto something else. You singulary choose to do this with a God you don't believe in. I have thoroughly exposed your evidentiary process. That's why you skipped the questions.
You will not be the arbiter of evidence. You will not have a forum and throw out question after question expecting me to answer whatever axe you have to grind today.
I see no accountable position of belief or evidence from you. Keep repeating the same shyte the other antitheists do.
I do offer you the chance to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs ???. Fill in the blank.
It's fashionable in your crowd to marginalize believers but you realize there are multiple disciplines and great thinkers with a laundry list reasons, evidences, coincidences, guideposts, whatever term you like to make my case. If it doesn't satisfy you I don't care. Never did. That's your forums way to shirk any intellectual burden.
You skipped my questions by the way.
What do you believe?

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>

Makes perfect sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
You need to catch up little fella. Another bigot fail with basic reading comprehension.

Makes perfect sense.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

[The above rantings of Bob (a proven liar) are all for the God he doesn't believe in lmao. There is no evidence. There is no logic. No science. No reason. Pure and simple maniacal hate enveloping a man unhappy with his existence. Living life on the fringes of society like a leper contributes to his already diminished cognitive state. That, or he is a hologram LOL.
Notice Bob won't debate me with something of his own; using his own standard, in his own forum.
Do you have any evidence at all in this arena you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,041 - 67,060 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Barack Obama Forum right now

Search the Barack Obama Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama Ties LBJ's Civil Rights Legacy to LGBT Am... 6 min Huge Fake Boobs 20
Obama blasts 'least productive Congress in mode... 6 min charles in charge 368
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Sir William Ferrell 218,259
Title of new Hillary Clinton book: - Hard Choices' 9 min Responsibility 13
Obama: We Will Get To Bottom Of Ford Hood Shooting 12 min barefoot2626 331
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,034,188
Obama to announce $600 million U.S. job-trainin... 13 min barefoot2626 152
•••
•••