Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
67,021 - 67,040 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
At 2% atheists seem to blend in with the American public.
Atheists on a mission to convince those who believe in God that they are wrong seem a minority.
they're just trying to stop the shoving of others' cults down our throats... as per our constitutional right....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they're just trying to stop the shoving of others' cults down our throats... as per our constitutional right....
Yep.

Lincoln-Logs-For-Brains hates that the constitution does not require Genuine Christianity™ to be followed or Else.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering how short a time 2000 years is relative to the existence of man on this planet is that such a remarkable feat, especially looking at how Christianity was spread and how it is maintained, by reminding people frequently that even questioning it will get them the 'lake of fire'? Most people are far more comfortable not thinking than having to think about the possibility that they will burn for eternity if they don't believe in God.
Also much of the information that man has discovered which disproves much of the Bible was relatively recently discovered.
You have a literal Biblical interpretation? Interesting

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of do too, but I suppose it would be rather narcissistic of me to dwell on it too much.:)
Lol. True.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie. Proof? Here is a smattering of proof you are LYING.
Of course-- since your habit is to LIE, and LIE ALWAYS, we already knew that.
" http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-13... ;
Huffington Post: Atheism Rises, Religiosity Declines In America
" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/athe... ;
Examiner: New study: Religion in decline in the U.S., atheism on the rise
" http://www.examiner.com/article/new-study-rel... ;
Yahoo News: The rise of atheism in America
" http://news.yahoo.com/rise-atheism-america-11... ;
UK Metro: Census 2011: Christian numbers fall with atheism on the rise
" http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/11/census-2011-chr... ;
Atheism on the rise in Rwanda
" http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013/03/at... ;
Ireland & the world: Religiosity Plummets In Ireland And Declines Worldwide; Atheism On The Rise
" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/reli... ;
World-wide:
Christian Monitor: Atheism on the rise around the globe
" http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/20... ;
Christian Post: Atheism on the Rise in Asian and European Nations, Poll Finds
" http://www.christianpost.com/news/atheism-on-... ;
In Wiki:
The entire article lists country after country where atheism/non-belief is on the rise, not falling as YOU LIE.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_... ;
Nice. Thanks for the links... i know they weren't for me. But i will actually click on them. ;-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Thanks for the links... i know they weren't for me. But i will actually click on them. ;-)
Want more?

Google: "atheism increasing"

:)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, most people in prison are people of faith.

yes, your cults do teach people to fear atheists, yet all studies show they are far more peaceful, moral people...
"in fact, most people in prison are people of faith."

Yup they found it the second the bars were closed behind them. LOL

You do believe in fairy tales.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Actually? You lie once more: studies show that atheism is UNDER REPRESENTED in prison.

Meaning? 90% of all prisoners belong to YOUR HATE CULT!

This is not surprising!

Genuine Christianity™ teaches it's followers that there are NO CONSEQUENCES OF ANY SORT!

All you have to do, after committing much crime? Is to say, "Jewsus! Forgive me!" Extra points for showing strong emotional agony when saying the magic phrase.

And VIOLA! No consequences for you Genuine Christians™

Unfortunately for YOU? Secular law has a somewhat different take on things...

... and thus?

90% of all prisoners belong to your hate-cult.

How about that?

You people are too stupid to understand why so many of you are in prison...!
Fool

Prisons are full of two types of people

1) those that found The Lord
2) innocent people.

Another fairy tale believer. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>At 2% atheists seem to blend in with the American public.
Atheists on a mission to convince those who believe in God that they are wrong seem a minority.
A minority among the smallest minority!

Look line HELL does not have to be so big after all. After the few atheist on these threads you just have the other atheist that got killed before they could plead for for give ness.

Posted earlier by derek4

Last words of famous atheists:

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me!Â…No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!…Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"in fact, most people in prison are people of faith."
Yup they found it the second the bars were closed behind them. LOL
You do believe in fairy tales.
Even you agree that 99% of prisoners belong to your religious club.

And why not?

Your religion teaches NO CONSEQUENCES:

** commit a crime? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** rape someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** murder someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** steal from someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

Sad.

Fortunately? SECULAR law does not agree.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool
2) innocent people.
Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy-lite.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool
2) innocent people.
Yes-- you are foolish.

99% of prisoners are Genuine Christians™-- EXACTLY like YOU.

Sad for you.

I bet you have a prison record yourself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A minority among the smallest minority!
Look line HELL ...
Your empty threats of INFINITE TORTURE are as worthless as your lies and lying links.

The cruel god you worship? Is not real.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Even you agree that 99% of prisoners belong to your religious club.
A man says he was refused a job at a country house hotel near Colchester—simply because he was a Christian.

Graphic designer Jamie Haxby applied for a job at Prested Hall hotel in the United Kingdom to assist with marketing and promotion. But, he claims, he was told he couldn’t have the job because some of the hotel staff are atheists who wouldn’t work with a committed Christian.

Haxby has tried to resolve his dispute with the hotel, but they have ignored his approaches and the matter is now heading for an Employment Tribunal.

According to Haxby’s claim form submitted to the Employment Tribunal, he was interviewed for the job on Dec. 4 by Celie Parker. He says that during the job interview he was asked whether he was a Christian, and he said yes.

As Parker flicked through his portfolio, she noticed that it contained work done for churches and other Christian groups. She said he was clearly a committed Christian, and remarked that she and other people on her team were atheists. She said they could never work with a committed Christian, and apologized for wasting Haxby’s time.

Haxby was astonished, and said that his religion should not stop him being considered for the job. According to Haxby, she then said other candidates had more experience and he was not offered the job.

Religious discrimination is unlawful, and the law covers the way job interviews are conducted, not just the outcome. Haxby’s claim for religious discrimination is being supported by The Christian Institute, a national charity that defends the civil liberties of Christians.

Spokesman Mike Judge said:“Jamie’s case is shocking, and shows that discrimination against Christians is getting more brazen. There’s no place for this anti-Christian intolerance at the hands of aggressive atheists. It’s high time the Government took the issue more seriously.”

Prested Hall country house hotel denies religious discrimination, saying the job was given to a more experienced candidate.
440 6
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Religion can and should be discriminated against. If anyone disagrees, let them prove their god in a court of law like any other decent and honest human being.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means click on them. Same nothing as every other post in here. I noticed no one marching with Bobs agenda had the intellectual honesty to call Bob on his lie regarding me receiving threats. Want the page #?

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Skipping steps to avoid their nothing right to the end game; marginalizing Christianity.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,000 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means click on them. Same nothing as every other post in here. I noticed no one marching with Bobs agenda had the intellectual honesty to call Bob on his lie regarding me receiving threats. Want the page #?
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Skipping steps to avoid their nothing right to the end game; marginalizing Christianity.
you must be kidding.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.,,
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The larger question is something vs nothing. You can't even get started with your nothing but want to go all the way specifically to an Abrahamic God. It could reach that level of discussion. We could discuss whether God is a sentient being and any number of questions, but we won't, and the reason is your refusal to meet my reasonable prerequisites.
Now you can get upset and lash out at this God you don't believe in or move on. I was clear and honest about this in 2009 and haven't budged. Your nothing is fine. I get it. Your other nonsense will get checked.
Nothing Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Barack Obama Forum right now

Search the Barack Obama Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 min Mothra 32,058
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min In The Right 1,079,901
Obama offers US help negotiating Israel cease-fire 4 min scirocco 256
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Mothra 45,794
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 10 min scirocco 604
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min LRS 174,625
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min American Lady 244,055
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••