Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
66,961 - 66,980 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
John

Branson, MO

#69776 Mar 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! "physically threatened me"... riiiiight... you got a link?
No?
So... you're lying. Again.
Lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
John

Branson, MO

#69777 Mar 18, 2013
It's so nice exposing you loons to everyone. So entrenched in your nothing you will lie despite the evidence being on the prededing page. Yeah, you are just the people to judge evidence.

I guarrantee not one of Bobs links has any evidence that meets the criteria he demands of others. I guarrantee he did not submit an accountable position of belief to debate vs my prime mover.

This is an atheism forum at that LOL. Fear the prime mover! Boo!
John

Branson, MO

#69778 Mar 18, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 66,990 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

Branson, MO

#69779 Mar 18, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.+
John

Branson, MO

#69780 Mar 18, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 66,990 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Lincoln

United States

#69781 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I answered them even today.
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
So you lie once more...
Observe that you call people liars
but when we point out that
you post endless nothing
"you call it hate".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#69782 Mar 18, 2013
It happened again..... I don't even know what to say.... But again... I will get back to it in the morning...

Next time i will copy what I typed

Ugh
Lincoln

United States

#69783 Mar 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no evidence to support your assertions, none of them, even this one. Perhaps you can break your lie streak and present the evidence now.
At televise sports events singing of God Bless America seems popular.

In schools let all ideas compete and those found wanting examined .
Lincoln

United States

#69784 Mar 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no evidence to support your assertions, none of them, even this one. Perhaps you can break your lie streak and present the evidence now.
Faith in God, as you observe can Not be proved.
Christian seem to persist in their belief for 2000 years.
Lincoln

United States

#69785 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>The above? Is not an argument in support of your ... ahem... "prime mover".
Neither is it evidence.
And yes-- science is repeatable and observable. Which is why evolution is science, and your "prime mover" isn't.
You are still a coward, without a single argument.
Waiting for science to be rational and your argument seems to be

"You are still a coward.."

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69786 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
I'll wait for the full response.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69787 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
Yes-- you lie each and every day.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69788 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
It's so nice exposing you loons to everyone. So entrenched in your nothing you will lie despite the evidence being on the prededing page. Yeah, you are just the people to judge evidence.
I guarrantee not one of Bobs links has any evidence that meets the criteria he demands of others. I guarrantee he did not submit an accountable position of belief to debate vs my prime mover.
This is an atheism forum at that LOL. Fear the prime mover! Boo!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69789 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 66,990 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69790 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. ;)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.+

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69791 Mar 18, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 66,990 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69792 Mar 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Observe that you call people liars
but when we point out that
you post endless nothing
"you call it hate".

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#69793 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Taxes are as low as they've historically been, under Obama.
As is the deficit spending-- which went UP-UP-UP during the various Bush-reigns.
In fact? Deficit spending is the LOWEST it's been since...
... Clinton.
Imagine that?
ReThugs: the party of DEFICIT SPENDING.
Proof? History, bub, history...
They keep claiming that they want to reduce the deficit, yet they wanted to continue the wars, while lowering taxes.
Lincoln

United States

#69794 Mar 19, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
They keep claiming that they want to reduce the deficit, yet they wanted to continue the wars, while lowering taxes.
Republicans often troubled by truth?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69795 Mar 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
At televise sports events singing of God Bless America seems popular.
In schools let all ideas compete and those found wanting examined .
You do realize that there would have to be millions of classes just to cover all the "ideas?" That is why they choose only that which has supporting evidence to teach students. Stop repeating creationist garbage and you might just be taken seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Brian_G 46,309
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 256,114
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Patrick 1,100,151
Obama cautions against using force to solve crises 46 min sandy1 12
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 46 min Ethan Allen 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min LRS 177,370
Gadhafi, in letter, asks Obama to end air strikes (Apr '11) 58 min Swedenforever 57
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••