Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70652 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69831 Mar 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Langy deliberately lied with his post.

Lying is his only strategy, it appears.
Nope posted facts.

There is item where the writers of Wikipedia try and cover things up by saying well in some country's it is believed not all atheist admit they are atheist. Pure conjecture not facts.
I posted the facts that Wikipedia
Just hates to admit to.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#69832 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"studies show they are the most moral"
No it doesn't, it's been a proven fact that the prisons are full of atheist and they claim to be theist only in hope of parole.
Here's a study from the U of M only a few block from you I believe.
"persecution. A study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities, "
in fact, most people in prison are people of faith.

yes, your cults do teach people to fear atheists, yet all studies show they are far more peaceful, moral people...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69834 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
No it doesn't, it's been a proven fact that the prisons are full of atheist and they claim to be theist only in hope of parole.
Here's a study from the U of M only a few block from you I believe.
"persecution. A study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities, "
Actually? You lie once more: studies show that atheism is UNDER REPRESENTED in prison.

Meaning? 90% of all prisoners belong to YOUR HATE CULT!

This is not surprising!

Genuine Christianity™ teaches it's followers that there are NO CONSEQUENCES OF ANY SORT!

All you have to do, after committing much crime? Is to say, "Jewsus! Forgive me!" Extra points for showing strong emotional agony when saying the magic phrase.

And VIOLA! No consequences for you Genuine Christians™

Unfortunately for YOU? Secular law has a somewhat different take on things...

... and thus?

90% of all prisoners belong to your hate-cult.

How about that?

You people are too stupid to understand why so many of you are in prison...!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#69836 Mar 21, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this guy
I kind of do too, but I suppose it would be rather narcissistic of me to dwell on it too much.:)
Lincoln

United States

#69837 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok you asked for it bone head
Here's the facts:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by thePew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...
Main category: Religious demographics
Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesotainvolving a poll of 2,000 households in theUnited States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
At 2% atheists seem to blend in with the American public.
Atheists on a mission to convince those who believe in God that they are wrong seem a minority.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#69838 Mar 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
At 2% atheists seem to blend in with the American public.
Atheists on a mission to convince those who believe in God that they are wrong seem a minority.
they're just trying to stop the shoving of others' cults down our throats... as per our constitutional right....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69839 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they're just trying to stop the shoving of others' cults down our throats... as per our constitutional right....
Yep.

Lincoln-Logs-For-Brains hates that the constitution does not require Genuine Christianity™ to be followed or Else.
Lincoln

United States

#69840 Mar 21, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering how short a time 2000 years is relative to the existence of man on this planet is that such a remarkable feat, especially looking at how Christianity was spread and how it is maintained, by reminding people frequently that even questioning it will get them the 'lake of fire'? Most people are far more comfortable not thinking than having to think about the possibility that they will burn for eternity if they don't believe in God.
Also much of the information that man has discovered which disproves much of the Bible was relatively recently discovered.
You have a literal Biblical interpretation? Interesting

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#69841 Mar 21, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of do too, but I suppose it would be rather narcissistic of me to dwell on it too much.:)
Lol. True.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69843 Mar 21, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Thanks for the links... i know they weren't for me. But i will actually click on them. ;-)
Want more?

Google: "atheism increasing"

:)

Location hidden

#69844 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, most people in prison are people of faith.

yes, your cults do teach people to fear atheists, yet all studies show they are far more peaceful, moral people...
"in fact, most people in prison are people of faith."

Yup they found it the second the bars were closed behind them. LOL

You do believe in fairy tales.

Location hidden

#69845 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>Actually? You lie once more: studies show that atheism is UNDER REPRESENTED in prison.

Meaning? 90% of all prisoners belong to YOUR HATE CULT!

This is not surprising!

Genuine Christianity™ teaches it's followers that there are NO CONSEQUENCES OF ANY SORT!

All you have to do, after committing much crime? Is to say, "Jewsus! Forgive me!" Extra points for showing strong emotional agony when saying the magic phrase.

And VIOLA! No consequences for you Genuine Christians™

Unfortunately for YOU? Secular law has a somewhat different take on things...

... and thus?

90% of all prisoners belong to your hate-cult.

How about that?

You people are too stupid to understand why so many of you are in prison...!
Fool

Prisons are full of two types of people

1) those that found The Lord
2) innocent people.

Another fairy tale believer. LOL

Location hidden

#69846 Mar 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>At 2% atheists seem to blend in with the American public.
A minority among the smallest minority!

Look line HELL does not have to be so big after all. After the few atheist on these threads you just have the other atheist that got killed before they could plead for for give ness.

Posted earlier by derek4

Last words of famous atheists:

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me!Â…No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!…Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69847 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"in fact, most people in prison are people of faith."
Yup they found it the second the bars were closed behind them. LOL
You do believe in fairy tales.
Even you agree that 99% of prisoners belong to your religious club.

And why not?

Your religion teaches NO CONSEQUENCES:

** commit a crime? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** rape someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** murder someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

** steal from someone? Ask magic jesus to forgive you-- NO CONSEQUENCES.

Sad.

Fortunately? SECULAR law does not agree.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#69848 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool
2) innocent people.
Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy-lite.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69849 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool
2) innocent people.
Yes-- you are foolish.

99% of prisoners are Genuine Christians™-- EXACTLY like YOU.

Sad for you.

I bet you have a prison record yourself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69850 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A minority among the smallest minority!
Look line HELL ...
Your empty threats of INFINITE TORTURE are as worthless as your lies and lying links.

The cruel god you worship? Is not real.
Lincoln

United States

#69851 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Even you agree that 99% of prisoners belong to your religious club.
A man says he was refused a job at a country house hotel near Colchester—simply because he was a Christian.

Graphic designer Jamie Haxby applied for a job at Prested Hall hotel in the United Kingdom to assist with marketing and promotion. But, he claims, he was told he couldn’t have the job because some of the hotel staff are atheists who wouldn’t work with a committed Christian.

Haxby has tried to resolve his dispute with the hotel, but they have ignored his approaches and the matter is now heading for an Employment Tribunal.

According to Haxby’s claim form submitted to the Employment Tribunal, he was interviewed for the job on Dec. 4 by Celie Parker. He says that during the job interview he was asked whether he was a Christian, and he said yes.

As Parker flicked through his portfolio, she noticed that it contained work done for churches and other Christian groups. She said he was clearly a committed Christian, and remarked that she and other people on her team were atheists. She said they could never work with a committed Christian, and apologized for wasting Haxby’s time.

Haxby was astonished, and said that his religion should not stop him being considered for the job. According to Haxby, she then said other candidates had more experience and he was not offered the job.

Religious discrimination is unlawful, and the law covers the way job interviews are conducted, not just the outcome. Haxby’s claim for religious discrimination is being supported by The Christian Institute, a national charity that defends the civil liberties of Christians.

Spokesman Mike Judge said:“Jamie’s case is shocking, and shows that discrimination against Christians is getting more brazen. There’s no place for this anti-Christian intolerance at the hands of aggressive atheists. It’s high time the Government took the issue more seriously.”

Prested Hall country house hotel denies religious discrimination, saying the job was given to a more experienced candidate.
440 6
Jimmy

London, UK

#69853 Mar 22, 2013
Religion can and should be discriminated against. If anyone disagrees, let them prove their god in a court of law like any other decent and honest human being.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#69854 Mar 22, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Thanks for the links... i know they weren't for me. But i will actually click on them. ;-)
By all means click on them. Same nothing as every other post in here. I noticed no one marching with Bobs agenda had the intellectual honesty to call Bob on his lie regarding me receiving threats. Want the page #?

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Skipping steps to avoid their nothing right to the end game; marginalizing Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activist takes down Confederate flag outside So... 5 min Synque 47
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 15 min Synque 208
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Dr Guru 191,785
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Yeah 1,249,899
Michelle Obamas secret Diary 39 min Ina 1
News Gingrich warns GOP to not be the 'anti' party (Mar '14) 41 min who cares 29
News Let Puerto Rico Go Bankrupt? Maybe. 42 min Synque 4
More from around the web