Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#69568 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, and you know it. Lying for nothing tsk, tsk. I asked a question in 2009 on page one that hasn't been answered in a relevant way. Just put up this so called answer.
I've asked if you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria? Ignored.
I've asked how you would decide what is most or least likely of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing, or any other option. Show your work. Ignored.
Those have been asked dozens of times in the last few weeks alone.
Your accountable position of belief is? Yeah, you forgot it again.
Feign ignorance if you want as to the arena of discussion. I do need to reiterate what you have nonengaged in for years with every post.
Yeah, put up the post. I have been clear I don't debate nothing and expect an accountable position of belief.
Your turn for an evidence free retort.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Avoided by Woodtick. Atheism exposed 101.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#69569 Mar 13, 2013
You're talking to yourself again.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
John

United States

#69570 Mar 13, 2013
Nope. Yet another inaccurate claim. Your nothing contribution is appreciated.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#69571 Mar 13, 2013
Do you believe in Evolution?
John wrote:

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#69572 Mar 13, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Blasphemy = satire
There is no more proof of the existence of an Abrahamic god(s) than there is of a teapot between Earth and Mars..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot
That is pointing out that the King has no clothes.
http://hca.gilead.org.il/emperor.html
Perhaps a picture tells a thousand words....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...
It's probably unwise for a religionist or 'person of faith' to invoke comparisons with fairy tales or collectively delusional behavior.
Ah, interesting, but what I find different between the tea pot and god, is that there could be a tea pot between earth and Mars, yet there be no evidence of one. It wouldn't have enough mass to effect the orbits of either planet to a degree we could measure, and there is so much space to search.
Tea pots aren't all powerful, ever present, and they don't answer our prayers. God is supposed to do those things. That's why I say that if god did exist, there would be evidence of his existence. But since there is none, we can conclude he does not exist.

Panorama City, CA

#69573 Mar 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your... "something"?
I thought it was a "prime mover"?
Now it's just a "something"?
LOL!
I am STILL waiting for ONE (1) argument by you, in support of your... "something".
Just one.
I will bet you $1,000 that you will make a logical mistake within the first couple of sentences of your "argument".
I'll double that bet, that you won't post original material.
LOL!
You expect John to make an "argument"?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69574 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
Your forum Bob. Your nonclaim. I simply asked questions that exposed you.
What I believe shouldn't come into play with a nonclaim. Ah, you have an agenda though. Ok. Let's debate the evidences and reasons to believe in ???? vs my belief in a prime mover. Still thinking? I'll wait lmao.
Nothing to see here folks but bigots on parade.
This post of yours? Not an argument for either a "something" or a "prime mover".

So I get to keep my $2,000.

You are still the coward.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69575 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You give your nothing entirely too much credit. You also skipped the questions again. Why lie Tick? I can go back to 2009 showing I won't debate nothing. If you have an accountable position of belief you could defend (like me) you would do it. It is your forum.
My accountable position I am willing to debate vs whatever it is that shall not be named LOL is a prime mover.
Now come back with nothing.
Remember I simply asked what you believed and exposed the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to. You need to steer the narrative away from your nothing.
Get your nothing out of here!
This post of yours? Not an argument for either a "something" or a "prime mover".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69576 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, and you know it. Lying for nothing tsk, tsk. I asked a question in 2009 on page one that hasn't been answered in a relevant way. Just put up this so called answer.
I've asked if you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria? Ignored.
I've asked how you would decide what is most or least likely of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing, or any other option. Show your work. Ignored.
Feign ignorance if you want as to the arena of discussion. I do need to reiterate what you have nonengaged in for years with every post.
Yeah, put up the post. I have been clear I don't debate nothing and expect an accountable position of belief.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69577 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the heck are you to decide what is and isn't reasonable? Make up a reasonable origin without skipping steps. Is your illogical nothing reliant on something to have a voice? You don't believe in God.
However, I do enjoy exposing you so once again I will gladly debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief.
Do you have one? Plenty of the smartest men of multiple disciplines have reasons/evidences they, as I believe in a prime mover. I'll wait for your forum to man up. It is your forum. One lone theist scares you to death LOL.
Fight hard for your nothing loons!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69578 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
@woodtick- you must enjoy getting knocked around. You failed miserably. You also skipped the questions by the way. All atheists aren't liars, but this forum is close.
Take care stumpee!

Panorama City, CA

#69579 Mar 13, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not
But now they can't
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school
Evolution, Big Bang, Spontaneous self generating life is next.
Why are you so delighted at the idea of knowledge of the facts being blocked?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69580 Mar 13, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school
Athiesm is not promoted in a public school you idiotic moron.

In any case? Tell the WHOLE story:

The court stated that they used what is called a legal fiction-- the legal fiction is that "atheism is a religion", so that an atheist innmate in prison gets equal treatment by the prison for his atheism.

Prior to that? Only Genuine Christards™ got special privileges from the equally Genuine Christard™ prison officials.

It was UNEQUAL treatment under the law. So the atheist prisoner sued, and won.

Legal fiction.

Look it up, you simpering baboon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69581 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69582 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69583 Mar 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect John to make an "argument"?
Nope.

I wrote a little script to repeat my point that he cannot make a single argument in support of his fantasy-delusion.

So far? My script has been accurate 100% of the time-- he never posted a single argument.

:)
Lincoln

United States

#69584 Mar 13, 2013
Bergoglio almost never granted media interviews, limiting himself to speeches from the pulpit, and was reluctant to contradict his critics, even when he knew their allegations against him were false, said Rubin.
Failure to confront Argentine dictatorship

That attitude was burnished as human rights activists tried to force him to answer uncomfortable questions about what church officials knew and did about the dictatorship's abuses after the 1976 coup.

Many Argentines remain angry over the church's acknowledged failure to openly confront a regime that was kidnapping and killing thousands of people as it sought to eliminate "subversive elements" in society. It's one reason why more than two-thirds of Argentines describe themselves as Catholic, but fewer than 10 per cent regularly attend mass.

Under Bergoglio's leadership, Argentina's bishops issued a collective apology in October 2012 for the church's failures to protect its flock. But the statement blamed the era's violence in roughly equal measure on both the junta and its enemies.
Lincoln

United States

#69585 Mar 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiesm is not promoted in a public school you idiotic moron.
In any case? Tell the WHOLE story:
The court stated that they used what is called a legal fiction-- the legal fiction is that "atheism is a religion", so that an atheist innmate in prison gets equal treatment by the prison for his atheism.
Prior to that? Only Genuine Christards™ got special privileges from the equally Genuine Christard™ prison officials.
It was UNEQUAL treatment under the law. So the atheist prisoner sued, and won.
Legal fiction.
Look it up, you simpering baboon.
Evangelical atheists try to promote atheism in schools but usually fail

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69586 Mar 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelical atheists try to promote atheism in schools but usually fail
Explain how.
John

United States

#69587 Mar 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism exposed 101

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,510,510
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Miss T 239,703
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 33 min Lawrence Wolf 60
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Into The Night 63,592
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 40 min Guido Fawkes 7,570
News California and New York vow to press on after D... 40 min Dee Dee Dee 36
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 40 min Into The Night 36,806
More from around the web