Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#68994 Mar 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Simple chemical reactions between carbon and other elements.
All of those elements came from nuclear reactions in the cores of stars.
So this life stuff came from the core of a star and landed on earth in a mud puddle and then lighting struck and created life?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68995 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did those come from?
normal gathering together of elements and molecules.

Location hidden

#68996 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>So this life stuff came from the core of a star and landed on earth in a mud puddle and then lighting struck and created life?
Lightning
John

United States

#68997 Mar 2, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence of your magical Skydad?
I don't know what this means or what it has to do with your nothing. You skipped my questions by the way. That damn atheist coward gene is shining through.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#68998 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So this life stuff came from the core of a star and landed on earth in a mud puddle and then lighting struck and created life?
Still using the creationist linguine.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#68999 Mar 2, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what this means or what it has to do with your nothing. You skipped my questions by the way. That damn atheist coward gene is shining through.
Wait, so you think atheism is a genetic trait ... yet you deny evolution. Classic troll.

St. Croix valley

#69000 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lightning, radiation, heat. lots of energy being added to this mixing of molecules and chemicals.

then again, life may have first come to be someplace else under circumstnaces we wouldn't have had on Earth or wouldn't even know of yet.

there are many types of life that we know of that can handle the rigors of extended apace travel.

panspermia, it's just a fun word!

Location hidden

#69001 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>normal gathering together of elements and molecules.
So why then is there no life swimming around in space?

Location hidden

#69002 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Lightning, radiation, heat. lots of energy being added to this mixing of molecules and chemicals.

then again, life may have first come to be someplace else under circumstnaces we wouldn't have had on Earth or wouldn't even know of yet.

there are many types of life that we know of that can handle the rigors of extended apace travel.

panspermia, it's just a fun word!
I was going off of what rose believes in on how life started. Just trying to grasp how that could be any stronger of an argument then a creator.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#69003 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says there isn't? Of course even if there wasn't, it doesn't discount panspermia. You should actually ... um ... study things before trying to address them. Panspermia is one of those very feasible notions, one of the promising abiogenesis hypothesis that may just pan out over the terrestrial one. Only when they are actually done testing the information will we know which holds water the best, if either do, or maybe both.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#69004 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going off of what rose believes in on how life started. Just trying to grasp how that could be any stronger of an argument then a creator.
Simple, adding in the creator you still need the "puddle, elements and energy," all you do is add a bunch of new questions of "where did the creator come from?" or "what created the creator?" as well as "which of the creators is more likely possible?" and finally "why did all the religions get the wrong creator?"

St. Croix valley

#69005 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is not one teensy eensy shred of evidence of any creator.

there is tons of evidence that all the building blocks of life are readily abundant in the universe and life seems to thrive in even the most hostile of environments we have physically looked at.

St. Croix valley

#69006 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you know there isn't?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69008 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY argument is stronger than your ugly and terrorist creator, doofus!

Heck, the Invisible Pink Unicorn is a superior argument than the ugly creator YOU believe in!

And certainly, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is superior in >>every<< way to the ugly terrorist god YOU worship.

Face it: you worship a failed idea here.

Time to give your god a rest, and put him back on the shelf marked "ugly myths nobody believes in any more"

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69009 Mar 2, 2013
Since what may be known about God is plain to them .. because God has made it plain to them . . . For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities .. his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen .. being understood from what has been made .. so that men are without excuse

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#69010 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, adding in the creator you still need the "puddle, elements and energy," all you do is add a bunch of new questions of "where did the creator come from?" or "what created the creator?" as well as "which of the creators is more likely possible?" and finally "why did all the religions get the wrong creator?"
In answer to your last question?

That's easy: laziness.

ALL god-based creation stories ultimately stem from sheer laziness.

It is easy (and lazy) to claim "goddidit"

It is >>hard<< and difficult to discover how it really happened.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#69011 Mar 2, 2013
Oooops !!!.. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/80-367 .. and then there was man

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#69012 Mar 2, 2013
From Creation to Corruption .. http://www.insightforliving.com/3/ArchivePlay... .. the logic simply falls into place

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#69013 Mar 2, 2013
proof of God .. http://perry.fingerprints.s3.amazonaws.com/in... .. not for the fearful of heart [chickens]

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#69014 Mar 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your last question?
That's easy: laziness.
ALL god-based creation stories ultimately stem from sheer laziness.
It is easy (and lazy) to claim "goddidit"
It is >>hard<< and difficult to discover how it really happened.
Exactly. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 min Reverend Alan 3,123
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Katrina Roxx 294,762
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min RUSH10ME 1,156,186
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min wojar 182,147
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,352
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 47 min Guess Who 22
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr just wondering 908
More from around the web