Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
65,641 - 65,660 of 70,963 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,660 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You do know many of your fellow Christians also accept the bing bang?
<quoted text>
The big bang novelty is easier to accept when you also believe in a CAUSE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- atheists demand...
.... EVIDENCE.
You have none, with regards to your god.
But I freely admit that the demand for evidence is strong.
As strong as your demand for ... no evidence.
... sad for you-- you insist in lying (faith) instead.
Atheists definitely demand evidence but they also show a grim determination to believe anything science says, without it.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,660 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Still waiting on ur evidence.

You really like to hear urself talk dont you?

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists definitely demand evidence but they also show a grim determination to believe anything science says, without it.
Because Atheists believes in science and science requires evidence.

You really that stupid?

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The cause is an exploding star.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

<quoted text>
True-- but the two are hardly equal. The >>scientific<< approach is evidence-based >>only<<
As soon as there is evidence? A scientific viewpoint will fit said evidence into the worldview.
That's the theory, but not the practice. There is no scientific evidence proving NOTHING caused the SOMETHING to go bang, but you are willing to believe it anyway...while you wait for science to produce the evidence.
<quoted text>
In direct contrast to you god-robots: you REJECT any and all evidence that proves your GOD is MYTH.
So.
Who is lying here?
Yes-- that would be YOU.
<quoted text>
Your "heart" is just a blood-pump, made of meat.
It cannot "sense" anything.
And since you admit you REJECT rationality?(the intellect)
You admit you are ...
... lying here.
<quoted text>
A meat pump cannot "know", stupid.
<quoted text>
You can also "experience" insane hallucinations about little green leprechauns.
That does not mean green leprechauns are real.
No more real than your monster-terrorist (god) is.
The above harangue is a fine example of hallucinatory thinking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really that stupid?
Are you? There is no evidence that NOTHING caused a SOMETHING to go bang yet like the Boob of Quantum Fantasies you believe it anyway and only because it's "scientific".

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you? There is no evidence that NOTHING caused a SOMETHING to go bang yet like the Boob of Quantum Fantasies you believe it anyway and only because it's "scientific".
Like an explosion from a dying star that causes a massive supernova?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's almost like a song, but it's much too sad to write.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Meaning Jesus must have done it right?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Yes it sounds like a whole lot was going on there. Several factors and causes all observable and natural.
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on ur evidence.
You really like to hear urself talk dont you?
Why? This is your forum. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I've already exposed you. That's why you skipped the above questions. I feel no need to come to the bigot board and present evidence. I will make my case vs whatever it is you dare not say lmao.

You really like to fight Gods you don't believe in don't you?

On and on and on the stumpees fall. They are like zombies.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes it sounds like a whole lot was going on there. Several factors and causes all observable and natural.
<quoted text>
Yo meenz dis haapnd N youz seeees it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

John wrote:
The latest nothing has been brought to you by bigot Bob. Notice he skipped my questions
What? You had a... question?

Or was it just more of your lies?

Everyone with a working brain knows it was you, lying again.

Lying is not only your best move...

... lying is your ONLY move.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is rarely wrong. And?

When it is? It is pretty quick to correct any mistakes.

This is because science is EVIDENCE based.

In direct and total contrast to religion, which is LIE based.

Pity you-- you live a lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really that stupid?
Yes-- yes he really is that stupid.

He lives a lie on a daily basis.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the theory, but not the practice. There is no scientific evidence proving NOTHING caused the SOMETHING to go bang, but you are willing to believe it anyway...while you wait for science to produce the evidence.
As opposed to YOU?

YOU who lives a literal lie on a daily basis.

The lie, of course, is your personal universe-creating god.

How much of an ego does it take, to believe the Ultimate Creator of Everything, is YOUR personal GOD/SLAVE?

Hmmm?

Your ego is showing, godbot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
The above harangue is a fine example of hallucinatory thinking.
Let me repeat my "harangue" as you put it.

Since you cannot muster up ONE SINGLE counter-argument to it?

It must be pretty good.

In direct contrast to you god-robots: you REJECT any and all evidence that proves your GOD is MYTH.

So.

Who is lying here?

Yes-- that would be YOU.

Your "heart" is just a blood-pump, made of meat.
It cannot "sense" anything.

And since you admit you REJECT rationality?(the intellect)

You admit you are ...

... lying here.

A meat pump cannot "know", stupid.

You can also "experience" insane hallucinations about little green leprechauns.

That does not mean green leprechauns are real.

No more real than your monster-terrorist (god) is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you persist in your LIE that your personal god didit.

Wow.

Your ego is... huge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••