Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
65,301 - 65,320 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no scientific theory that claims "something from nothing".
That is you idiot godbot's claim to fame: you claim your nothing-god created the universe from nothing.
Silly boy!
The Big Bang theory states that a singularity (a SOMETHING) started to expand rapidly (the "bang" part of "big bang").
At no time is there a "nothing".
Are you really this stupid? Or did you take too many hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons?
I'm betting on the latter.
Where did this something come from? Explain What ---> caused <--- this something to expand rapidly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you need a label, you can use which ever one you wish.
I lied about nothing. let's face it, your made up god doesn't iven make it into the realm of real discussion for sane people...
What's the matter, don't like the label atheist? Neither does Bill Maher."I like rationalist a lot better. I preach the gospel of 'I don't know,' " he said. Who can blame him for not wanting to be associated with a pack of brainless pseudo-intellectuals, eh?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did this something come from? Explain What ---> caused <--- this something to expand rapidly.
Why do you capitalize "what" in that post?

Possible answers: Some wild quark, a fracture in the forces, time traveling midgets .... etc.

The only honest and factual answer: We don't know yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you lied about this "comeback" .... wow, you are dishonest, if you can't lie about one thing, you'll make up something to lie about.
Um....if I throw a stick will you go away, Rover?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....if I throw a stick will you go away, Rover?
Nice, so you can't counter anything I post, how cute. It's always fun to watch you fundies squirm when logic is presented.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you capitalize "what" in that post?
Possible answers: Some wild quark, a fracture in the forces, time traveling midgets .... etc.
The only honest and factual answer: We don't know yet.
If you don't know yet, then you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, so you can't counter anything I post, how cute. It's always fun to watch you fundies squirm when logic is presented.
You aren't logical, you're just argumentative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no scientific theory that claims "something from nothing".
That is you idiot godbot's claim to fame: you claim your nothing-god created the universe from nothing.
Silly boy!
The Big Bang theory states that a singularity (a SOMETHING) started to expand rapidly (the "bang" part of "big bang").
At no time is there a "nothing".
Are you really this stupid? Or did you take too many hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons?
I'm betting on the latter.
Hey Boob of Quantum Fantasies, your village called they want their idiot back.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know yet, then you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe.
We know it wasn't created in 7 days. Thats for sure.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't logical, you're just argumentative.
Ya, argumentative. Ironic how you are saying that when you just parrot on post after post.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I have actually heard fundies claim that days might have been really long back then and that 6 days could mean anything!

In which case, why say 6 days?
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what? If you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe, you can't say with certainty that it wasn't created in 7 days. You can't say with certainty that it wasn't created by God.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what? If you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe, you can't say with certainty that it wasn't created in 7 days. You can't say with certainty that it wasn't created by God.
You may not be able to prove things with absolute certainty, However you can say that the evidence of an old earth is very strong. Have you examined the scientific evidence? Have you been to a museum of natural history?

Whether God created it, there is nothing to make us believe that the universe was created by a Christian God. There are many gods and many different versions of God past and present amongst the incompatible world religions.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

btw BBSting you slipped up cause your book says 6 days not 7. God had a nap on the seventh day. Since then he and Jesus having been sitting enthroned with arms crossed not answering prayers and watching humankind destroy each other and the earth, and doing nothing to stop natural disasters, according to theists.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Because all powerful beings get tired... ;)
Adam wrote:
btw BBSting you slipped up cause your book says 6 days not 7. God had a nap on the seventh day. Since then he and Jesus having been sitting enthroned with arms crossed not answering prayers and watching humankind destroy each other and the earth, and doing nothing to stop natural disasters, according to theists.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Proves evolution. proves your mythical god rehashed from hundreds of previous gods is just a man-made ruse to run the cult...
What type if evolution. Proves no such thing by the way. Keep coming after the God you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense stumpee.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Your forum loon. I've exposed you relentlessly. You have no evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to. You have no way to determine which possibilities are most or least likely. Why would I flatter a bigot as if he was the arbiter of evidence. You've looked. Nothing suffices. End forum. Oh, but this is about much more than your nothing.
I will compare the evidences and reasons to believe in a prime mover vs whatever it is your forum wants to make a case for. That scares you loons to death. You realize there are many disciplines that have concluded the likelihood of a prime mover. Not one. Many. You got zip.
Another day responding to nothing. Pathetic.
Duck, duck, GOOSE.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Duckspeaker.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck, duck, GOOSE.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we can. God isn't real - you're lying about god - none of what you claim about your cult is true.

You are entirely defeated and are left to insult atheists when you have no facts on your side.

Just do us all a favour and f*ck off back to creation camp.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
What type if evolution. Proves no such thing by the way. Keep coming after the God you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense stumpee.
If you deny evolution it means you're automatically and idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••