Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Sep 09

Suwanee, GA

#64063 Aug 29, 2012
John wrote:
The sum total of your posts/forum is absolutely zero evidence or accountable position. That's certainly strange to have a forum about nothing. Unless of course this is a ruse to marginalize believers. That's when I offer to debate my something vs ???????. Oh yeah, you bigots don't ever get around to it.
So, we still have a forum about nothing and no evidence at all. This is fascinating. I will stick around and continue to expose you.
Feel free to innundate the forum with lies, side issues, and assorted nonsense. I'm still waiting for an accountable position or silence since you acknowledge you have no evidence or claim.
My claim that you have no evidence you hold others accountable to have been met. My claim that you have no rational, logical way to quantiify evidence has been met. My claim that there is more evidence of a prime mover vs whatever accountable position of belief you choose to submit remains. I guess you still want me to debate nothing LOL.
Nothing Bless
When was the last time you had a mental checkup? May be time for a follow up visit.

Since: Mar 11

Lewis Center, OH

#64064 Aug 29, 2012
No he can't. Hell he ran away screaming from my simple yes or no question! That stumped him!

He has already said he has no intention of answering any questions or having a meaningful dialogue with anyone. He just wants to bark his trolling nonsense and run away.
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me it should be, stump john ask him a question. Can you not answer a question yourself?
John

United States

#64065 Aug 30, 2012
You loons have a chance for meaningful dialogue. I don't debate nothing. I've already exposed you the few times you even attempted something substantive on your own.

Let's have a debate. I will debate there is mote evidence of something larger than us being responsible for the universe than nothing LOL. Of course you bigots have avoided an actual debate for years.

This forum is unnecessary. You don't believe and nothing is evidence to you. Ok, now what?

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#64066 Aug 30, 2012
John wrote:
I don't debate nothing.
Correct, it's better if you simply f*ck off because of that.
John

United States

#64067 Aug 30, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 61,520 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Henry

Germany

#64068 Aug 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that all religions are true and that they have no contradictions?
All religions are fakes
Henry

Germany

#64069 Aug 30, 2012
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 61,500 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Science and religions can never be united.
Henry

Germany

#64070 Aug 30, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
There was never a god.
Henry

Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany

#64071 Aug 30, 2012
John wrote:
The sum total of your posts/forum is absolutely zero evidence or accountable position. That's certainly strange to have a forum about nothing. Unless of course this is a ruse to marginalize believers. That's when I offer to debate my something vs ???????. Oh yeah, you bigots don't ever get around to it.
So, we still have a forum about nothing and no evidence at all. This is fascinating. I will stick around and continue to expose you.
Feel free to innundate the forum with lies, side issues, and assorted nonsense. I'm still waiting for an accountable position or silence since you acknowledge you have no evidence or claim.
My claim that you have no evidence you hold others accountable to have been met. My claim that you have no rational, logical way to quantiify evidence has been met. My claim that there is more evidence of a prime mover vs whatever accountable position of belief you choose to submit remains. I guess you still want me to debate nothing LOL.
Nothing Bless
There was never the faintest idea of a "prime mover"
Henry

#64072 Aug 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry john, just accept there's no heaven.
There was no god, no heaven, no hell and so on.
Henry

#64073 Aug 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry john, just accept there's no heaven.
No heaven and no hell and so on.
John

United States

#64074 Aug 30, 2012
Henry will fit right in here. Thank you for your disbelief and nothing substantive.

Do you loons get a playbook lol? Stand for nothing-check. Vote Obama despite the horrific performance- check. Attack and marginalize if you don't agree- check

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Say hello to Henry, Stumpvilles newest resident.
Henry

#64075 Aug 30, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have stuck to poems because he obviously didn't understand what justice is or was.
He also didn't know what evidence was either, considering he believes in a god that isn't real and has no evidence for it being true or real.
People who corrupt justice need to be sued and ousted from systems that are there to be fair and just, not a bunch of biased creationist liars.
The day you handed over justice to the mentally ill people who believe in god, was the day you abandoned reality.
There was never any god!
Henry

#64076 Aug 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the fact that the Paulites don't like him, either.
All religions are either fakes or lies.
John

United States

#64077 Aug 30, 2012
My name is Henry I have no evidence for anything. That should cover it. Just for fun though prove your two claims. You can't, but that won't stop your nothing now will it?

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Another one bites the dust LOL.
Henry

#64078 Aug 30, 2012
American Lady wrote:
"Sleep With One Eye Open"
by ~ JOHN KAY
Watch out behind you, down the alley
You hear my foot steps closing in?
Look all around, there ain't nobody
No sign of life, to save your skin
Now you might make it to your door step
But I'll still get you in the end
Lock all the doors, lock all your windows
Bring home your children from the park
I'm in the shadows waiting for you
Yes can't you hear your bull dog bark?
I'm what you fear most in your nightmares
When you lie shakin' in the dark
Sleep with one eye open
And one hand on the gun
In dreams I'm right behind you
As you run and run and run
I am your misbegotten seed
Growing wild outside your gate
I strike at everything you love
With blinding and jealous rage
I'm the unspoken that you hide from
I'm what your children may become
I kill without reason
Without pity or regret
I'll leave you holding nothing
But crushing emptiness
And your walls, they won't hide you
From the haunting and the dread
And your god, he won't find you
As you pray and pray to see me dead
Yeah I might die tomorrow
Might catch a bullet in the brain
You may strap me to the deathbed
And stick the needle in my vein
But by the time you dig my grave
A hundred more will take my place
Sorry but there never was the faintest idea of any god. Very sorry!
Henry

#64079 Aug 30, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the percentage of people that follow your brand of religion?
My guess is you only think your religion is true and all others are false.
All religions are lies
Henry

#64080 Aug 30, 2012
swerty wrote:
<quoted text>Virgin Birth&#8213;Among the pagan cultures that preceded Christianity, virgin birth stories abounded. The long list of pagan gods born of virgins includes: Romulus and Remus, Zoroaster, Buddha, Mithras, Chrishna, Osiris-Aion, Agdistis, Attis, Tammuz, Adonis, Korybas, Perseus, and Dionysus.
Disciples&#8213;In the following 'saviors' cases, a grouping of disciples was present, just as they were present in Jesus' story: Horus, Buddha, Chrishna, Dionysus, Mithra. Interestingly enough, in the case of Dionysus, his disciple Acoetes was a boatman, just as Jesus' disciple Peter. And just as Peter was freed from jail when the doors miraculously flew open, so was Dionysus' disciple Acoetes. In Budda's case, he, like Jesus, demanded that his disciples renounce all worldly possessions. Yet another instance of similarity is that the disciples of both Jesus and Buddha were said to have been arrested for preaching, as well as witnessed to have "walked on water."
Miracles&#8213;Among those 'saviors' who, like Jesus, performed countless miracles include: Horus, Chrishna, Buddha, Dionysus, Mithra, Osirus, and Adonis. Horus was said to have walked on water, just as Jesus did. In addition, Horus raised one man, El-Azarus, from the dead in front of countless witnesses. In the case of Buddha, it was told that he fed five hundred men with one loaf of bread, that he cured lepers, and that he caused the blind to see. Dionysus rescued a person from dying when the person was utterly desolate and placed them among the stars. And he gave food and drink, herbs and berries, to the starving people -- not to mention turning water into wine.
The Sun&#8213;Here is another common theory, quoted from S. Acharya's "The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus:" "The reason why all these pagan narratives are so similar to a "god-man" is that these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the planet because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe.
The Bible is in the interests of the mighty and rich ones
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#64081 Aug 30, 2012
swerty wrote:
<quoted text>Virgin Birth&#8213;Among the pagan cultures that preceded Christianity, virgin birth stories abounded. The long list of pagan gods born of virgins includes: Romulus and Remus, Zoroaster, Buddha, Mithras, Chrishna, Osiris-Aion, Agdistis, Attis, Tammuz, Adonis, Korybas, Perseus, and Dionysus.
Disciples&#8213;In the following 'saviors' cases, a grouping of disciples was present, just as they were present in Jesus' story: Horus, Buddha, Chrishna, Dionysus, Mithra. Interestingly enough, in the case of Dionysus, his disciple Acoetes was a boatman, just as Jesus' disciple Peter. And just as Peter was freed from jail when the doors miraculously flew open, so was Dionysus' disciple Acoetes. In Budda's case, he, like Jesus, demanded that his disciples renounce all worldly possessions. Yet another instance of similarity is that the disciples of both Jesus and Buddha were said to have been arrested for preaching, as well as witnessed to have "walked on water."
Miracles&#8213;Among those 'saviors' who, like Jesus, performed countless miracles include: Horus, Chrishna, Buddha, Dionysus, Mithra, Osirus, and Adonis. Horus was said to have walked on water, just as Jesus did. In addition, Horus raised one man, El-Azarus, from the dead in front of countless witnesses. In the case of Buddha, it was told that he fed five hundred men with one loaf of bread, that he cured lepers, and that he caused the blind to see. Dionysus rescued a person from dying when the person was utterly desolate and placed them among the stars. And he gave food and drink, herbs and berries, to the starving people -- not to mention turning water into wine.
The Sun&#8213;Here is another common theory, quoted from S. Acharya's "The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus:" "The reason why all these pagan narratives are so similar to a "god-man" is that these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the planet because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe.
There is no god. Very sorry.
John

United States

#64082 Aug 30, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 61,530 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Into The Night 60,670
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Obama is a joke 1,406,198
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 37 min Yeah 391,745
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 1 hr gwww 40
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 219,774
News Bill Clinton tells a love story to make his cas... 4 hr Webb Hubbell meth... 2
News O'Bama for the day, president marks St. Patrick... (Mar '12) 5 hr MichaelrepublicaN 199
More from around the web