Obama: Gun-control advocates have to ...

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen more

There are 673 comments on the WOI story from Jan 27, 2013, titled Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen more. In it, WOI reports that:

16, 2013, file photo, President Barack Obama, accompanied by Vice President Joe Biden, talks about proposals to reduce gun violence at the White House in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI.

Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#484 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Jjjeeeecccchhh, you really should research your references before you attempt to use those for support of an agenda.
Didn't read the youtube {cartoon}!
The other articles DID NOT STATE THAT A VEHCILE WAS USED AS A WEAPON TO TARGET THE CHILDREN.
Do you not understand the difference in a choice of weapons and accidents and weapons in which are used to use to mass murder children in school settings. Or is it when attempting to prove your point you cannot or will not accept real events?
"The other articles DID NOT STATE THAT A VEHCILE WAS USED AS A WEAPON TO TARGET THE CHILDREN."

No but they CAN be, you troll, and HAVE been.

The so-called "cartoon" was a direct rendition, right off the air, of an RT News story about the Taiwan incident. Keep your blinders on and your fingers in your ears, MS. "See both sides."
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#485 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Man don't you paranoil conservatives get tired of believing everyone is against you.
You poor little weak cons if its not mean ol long haired hippies, or mean ol socialists, or mean ol liberals, or mean ol progressives, or mean ol communists, or mean ol news outlets, or mean ol dems, hell, its everyone and everything!
Step up and grow some, or get on some anti-paranoia medication! How many times do you hear liberals believing the world is against them, because they lose in so many areas.
You don't win batles complaining and having excuses.
Where have liberals "lost"?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#486 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>They are both usually viewed by children who do not have the intelligence to understand the realites of our daily lives.
You apparently haven't spent much time perusing the content on YouTube. Either that or you're a "Faux News" parrot.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#487 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! When you look at a list of mass shootings in the last 30 years in which a single gunman killed at least 4 people last year was the highest.
How does your flawed stats accout for those numbers?
From where did you obtain your "stats"?
Joe Nelson

Long Beach, CA

#488 Feb 7, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what the Left response would be if a Republican administration said they want to adjust the 1st Amendment to "limit it a little bit."
It would never happen. NBC, and CNN are colluding with the leftists to transform America into an Orwellian tax slave camp. Boycott all their advertisers if you want them to be more even handed in their reporting.

Watching the Left deconstruct America is very entertaining and will get far more divisive as Obama's second term gets into full swing. The majority of Americans who voted for Obama see America as vultures see road kill.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#489 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>No, but with a civilized nation and peoples comes empathy for fellow men.
But with an apparant uneducated person as yourself you do not have the ability to understand that concept but would rather stay "stupid" as some uncivillized middle east countries. Hell, your male counterpart most likely makes you wear a burka and walk 10 feet behind him when walking down the road.
See how concept of empathy works now?
We're talking here about infringement of God-given RIGHTs, not protecting people's FEELINGS.

What's your highest level of education?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#490 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Not enough apparantly with crime on the rise, or would you like to do away with all laws instead of attempting to less the "murder and mayhem'?
" do away with all laws "

Typical liberal non-response idiocy!
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#491 Feb 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
What in my statement says or even implies that everyone is against me or us? Can you post anything without trying to twist what I am saying or down right pitting words in my mouth?
Typical liberal smear tactics. Alinsky must be proud of the "proud liberal."
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#492 Feb 7, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It would never happen. NBC, and CNN are colluding with the leftists to transform America into an Orwellian tax slave camp. Boycott all their advertisers if you want them to be more even handed in their reporting.
Watching the Left deconstruct America is very entertaining and will get far more divisive as Obama's second term gets into full swing. The majority of Americans who voted for Obama see America as vultures see road kill.
You must be "paranoid", LOL!! Actually, it would be funny if it wasn't true. Obama said, out loud and recorded for posterity, that he intends to "fundamentally transform the United States." No one asked him to explain exactly what he meant by that, but now we are seeing the manifestation of the "dreams from his father.".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#493 Feb 7, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder what the Left response would be if a Republican administration said they want to adjust the 1st Amendment to "limit it a little bit."
Precisely! It would spur a national cry of outrage, including some way to include the race card in there.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494 Feb 7, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Typical liberal smear tactics. Alinsky must be proud of the "proud liberal."
It's so redundant and old. But they keep doing and using it,

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#495 Feb 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
You should begin by finding the definition of infringed. Liberal progressives are so out of touch, I saw an interview of a Democrat yesterday saying,"we don't want to take your second amendment rights, we just want to limit them a little bit". Ironically, infringe is defined as,"to limit or undermine".
Doesn't Constitution say something about Postal Service Too?
Not a PEEP from Tea Baggers and WingNuts.

3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post ... www.alternet.org/story/152451/3_big_lies_at_t... ...

Sep 22, 2011 ... House Republicans are aiming to dismantle the postal service, but their ... has “ more or less a third more people than you need” on payroll.... over a decade, to pre-fund its health benefits for the next 75 years.... Republican demands to lay off 100,000 workers now so that pensions are funded for 75 years is ...
Congress Fiddles While the Post Office Burns | The Nation www.thenation.com/blog/169234/congress-fiddle...

Aug 3, 2012 ... An additional $5.6 billion payment due next year is also in question.... In 2006, a Republican Congress—acting at the behest of the ... a law that required the postal service to “pre-fund” retiree health benefits 75 years into the future.... billion in overpayments it has made to its pension plans,” adds Sanders.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#496 Feb 7, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't Constitution say something about Postal Service Too?
Not a PEEP from Tea Baggers and WingNuts.

3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post ... www.alternet.org/story/152451/3_big_lies_at_t... ...

Sep 22, 2011 ... House Republicans are aiming to dismantle the postal service, but their ... has “ more or less a third more people than you need” on payroll.... over a decade, to pre-fund its health benefits for the next 75 years.... Republican demands to lay off 100,000 workers now so that pensions are funded for 75 years is ...
Congress Fiddles While the Post Office Burns | The Nation www.thenation.com/blog/169234/congress-fiddle...

Aug 3, 2012 ... An additional $5.6 billion payment due next year is also in question.... In 2006, a Republican Congress—acting at the behest of the ... a law that required the postal service to “pre-fund” retiree health benefits 75 years into the future.... billion in overpayments it has made to its pension plans,” adds Sanders.
Post your propaganda if you want to. There is no law against you lying.

The reason the USPS is in trouble is one thing. Internet email. As I recall, a Democrat, Al Gore, claims responsibility for inventing or creating the Internet.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497 Feb 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Post your propaganda if you want to. There is no law against you lying.
The reason the USPS is in trouble is one thing. Internet email. As I recall, a Democrat, Al Gore, claims responsibility for inventing or creating the Internet.
Bullshit. Name any other company forced to Pre Fund Pensions for 75 years within a ten year period?
Cantor and Issa want to Privatize USPS. Bottom line. They get a lot of money from Fed Ex and UPS.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#498 Feb 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Post your propaganda if you want to. There is no law against you lying.
The reason the USPS is in trouble is one thing. Internet email. As I recall, a Democrat, Al Gore, claims responsibility for inventing or creating the Internet.
U.S. Postal Service | ThinkProgress

thinkprogress.org/tag/us-postal-service/

Jan 4, 2013... of 2006 requires the USPS to “prefund” retirement benefits for 75 years,... other federal agency or private corporation and b) forces the USPS ... Postal Service to prefund its pension benefits for 75 years through a $5.5 billion yearly payment.....Act of 2006 (PAEA), which was passed by a Republican-led ...

[ More results from thinkprogress.org ]


Americans need to be told why the U.S. Post Office is in ...

my.firedoglake.com/iflizwerequeen/2011/09/11/... -...

Sep 11, 2011 ... Bill Maher gets it.... In 2006, Congress required that the USPS prefund 80 percent of future postal .... Mandating that the USPS pay their health care cost 75years in ... the over payment into their pension fund smells like sabotage to me!... therefore be expanding its services, not trying to force poor people to ...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#499 Feb 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Post your propaganda if you want to. There is no law against you lying.
The reason the USPS is in trouble is one thing. Internet email. As I recall, a Democrat, Al Gore, claims responsibility for inventing or creating the Internet.
It's not only that, but their service sucks now too. I've been in yelling matches with the PO the last year or so. They act like they just don't care about the problems they've caused me. It used to be that if you didn't get satisfaction with your branch manager. you called the postmaster general, and he would ,make sure your problem was resolved. Then the branch manager would call you to apologize scared to death. Now the postmaster general doesn't give a ship either.

Bad attitudes and bad service. That's not somebody you want to deal with if you can avoid it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#500 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Not enough apparantly with crime on the rise, or would you like to do away with all laws instead of attempting to less the "murder and mayhem'?
We could do that, but not with liberal judges and red tape makers stopping us.

It take us more than 18 years to fry a murderer here in Ohio. That's not much of a deterrent. If we executed murderers within 3 months of their sentence, that would really drop murders by a few notches.

Violent crime has been on the decrease the last couple of decades. That's not to say we can't do better, but at least we are in the right direction.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#501 Feb 7, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>No, but with a civilized nation and peoples comes empathy for fellow men.
But with an apparant uneducated person as yourself you do not have the ability to understand that concept but would rather stay "stupid" as some uncivillized middle east countries. Hell, your male counterpart most likely makes you wear a burka and walk 10 feet behind him when walking down the road.
See how concept of empathy works now?
Empathy is something that comes from an individual--not from a government. Our government was never designed to be a welfare state.

In our country, half of our population is being partly or totally supported by a government check or handout. At this rate, it's unsustainable and will cause the demise of the entire country.

If only we listened to our founders instead of changing the structure of this once great country.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison
Annals of Congress, 1794

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#502 Feb 7, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Name any other company forced to Pre Fund Pensions for 75 years within a ten year period?
Cantor and Issa want to Privatize USPS. Bottom line. They get a lot of money from Fed Ex and UPS.
Propaganda!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#503 Feb 7, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. Postal Service | ThinkProgress

thinkprogress.org/tag/us-postal-service/

Jan 4, 2013... of 2006 requires the USPS to “prefund” retirement benefits for 75 years,... other federal agency or private corporation and b) forces the USPS ... Postal Service to prefund its pension benefits for 75 years through a $5.5 billion yearly payment.....Act of 2006 (PAEA), which was passed by a Republican-led ...

[ More results from thinkprogress.org ]


Americans need to be told why the U.S. Post Office is in ...

my.firedoglake.com/iflizwerequeen/2011/09/11/... -...

Sep 11, 2011 ... Bill Maher gets it.... In 2006, Congress required that the USPS prefund 80 percent of future postal .... Mandating that the USPS pay their health care cost 75years in ... the over payment into their pension fund smells like sabotage to me!... therefore be expanding its services, not trying to force poor people to ...
Give us some government links. You think we are stupid enough to buy into the biased liberal sites?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min woodtick57 1,419,666
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 8 min gwww 7
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 9 min Ave purisima 5
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Agents of Corruption 393,340
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 32 min gwww 25
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Not Documented 61,059
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Phil 222,647
More from around the web