Zimmerman not guilty, but ALEC sure a...

Zimmerman not guilty, but ALEC sure as hell is

There are 1499 comments on the Daily Kos story from Jul 13, 2013, titled Zimmerman not guilty, but ALEC sure as hell is. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

ALEC created the Stand Your Ground Law that allowed George Zimmerman to kill an unarmed, innocent young black man and be acquitted in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

First Prev
of 75
Next Last
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1809 Sep 4, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
What will George Bush be remembered as?
The president with big ears that was white?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1810 Sep 4, 2013
Zimmerman pulled over a second time in two months.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1811 Sep 4, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll be remembered as;
The only president to be appointed by the Supreme Court - without the popular vote;
The president who lied about WMD's and started a pre=emptive war in a country that in fact did not threaten the US;
The president who had shoes thrown at him at a press conference;
The president who implemented unfunded Medicare Part D - costing almost 700 million dollars;
The list is just way too long for that POS!
And your hero who currently sits with his feet on the desk in the oval office, is going to war with Syria now, based on questionable "intelligence". Other countries are reporting in their news stories, that the sarin gas was released by the rebels and not Assad's military.
What threat does Syria pose to the USA that Iraq did not?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1812 Sep 4, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
Zimmerman pulled over a second time in two months.
So?
Maybe he was trying to get away from the paparazzi.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1813 Sep 4, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the entire group receiving welfare, the percentage of that total receiving welfare who are black, is 39.3%.
Of the entire group receiving welfare, the percentage of whites in that group receiving welfare is 38.5%.
That's why I stated from a percentage viewpoint, it's a statistical tie - but the sheer numbers illuminate the fact that more whites in fact are on welfare that blacks. Thereby supporting the fact that whites in fact now cost more being on the wefare roles than blacks currently.

But the idiot from Virginia can't comprehend this simple fact.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1814 Sep 4, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Maybe he was trying to get away from the paparazzi.
Nope - speeding again - 60 in a 40 / not let off with a warning as last time though.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1815 Sep 4, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I stated from a percentage viewpoint, it's a statistical tie - but the sheer numbers illuminate the fact that more whites in fact are on welfare that blacks. Thereby supporting the fact that whites in fact now cost more being on the wefare roles than blacks currently.
But the idiot from Virginia can't comprehend this simple fact.
Pure nonsense.
Of the group that is receiving welfare, the breakdown is split between blacks and whites. The total population of the entire country is not in play here. You try to put them in play but you are incorrect to do so.
There is only the group receiving welfare.
Of ^that^ group ... ONLY those receiving welfare ... 39.3% are black and 38.5% are white.

You are trying to say that 38.5% of the total white population in the entire country are receiving welfare, and that is not the case.
That 38.5% is ONLY a percentage of the group that is actually receiving welfare.
You are trying to say that 39.3% of the total population of blacks is receiving welfare, and that is not the case. That 39.3% is ONLY a percentage of the group that is actually receiving welfare.

You attempt to distort the numbers by saying that since the black population in the entire country is only 13-15% of the entire country's population it is therefore a smaller number than a much larger number of whites in the entire country's population. That is incorrect.

The ONLY group in the equation here are the ones that actually receive welfare. Since that is true, it is also true that percapita, there are many more blacks receiving welfare than there are whites receiving welfare, so the real truth about the numbers is that you have it backwards. The real numbers do not support your claim. They counter it by 180 degrees.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1816 Sep 4, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
And your hero who currently sits with his feet on the desk in the oval office, is going to war with Syria now, based on questionable "intelligence". Other countries are reporting in their news stories, that the sarin gas was released by the rebels and not Assad's military.
What threat does Syria pose to the USA that Iraq did not?
Actually, the only country who questions the intelligence are the Russians - regardless of the fact that French intelligence has declassified their report confirming it was in fact Assad who did this.

Britain voted against this last week - prior to evidence being proffered - and I don't blame them - Iraq left a bad taste in their mouths, and they will not blindly follow again. Neither would you.

This "red line" was only embellished by Obama, but he by no means created this red line - this was voted on some time ago;

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/108...

"After 12 years of negotiations, the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) was adopted by the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva on 3 September 1992. The CWC allows for the stringent verification of compliance by State Parties. The CWC opened for signature in Paris on 13 January 1993 and entered into force on 29 April 1997. The CWC is the first disarmament agreement negotiated within a multilateral framework that provides for the elimination of an entire category of weapons of mass destruction under universally applied international control."

http://www.un.org/disarmament/WMD/Chemical/

Obama is not my hero - he is the CIC / as was Bush.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1817 Sep 4, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - speeding again - 60 in a 40 / not let off with a warning as last time though.
I know he was speeding. That's why I quipped that he may have been trying to get away from the paparazzi.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#1818 Sep 4, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the only country who questions the intelligence are the Russians - regardless of the fact that French intelligence has declassified their report confirming it was in fact Assad who did this.
Britain voted against this last week - prior to evidence being proffered - and I don't blame them - Iraq left a bad taste in their mouths, and they will not blindly follow again. Neither would you.
This "red line" was only embellished by Obama, but he by no means created this red line - this was voted on some time ago;
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/108...
"After 12 years of negotiations, the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) was adopted by the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva on 3 September 1992. The CWC allows for the stringent verification of compliance by State Parties. The CWC opened for signature in Paris on 13 January 1993 and entered into force on 29 April 1997. The CWC is the first disarmament agreement negotiated within a multilateral framework that provides for the elimination of an entire category of weapons of mass destruction under universally applied international control."
http://www.un.org/disarmament/WMD/Chemical/
Obama is not my hero - he is the CIC / as was Bush.
There was only one question I asked of you in my post. You spent 4 or 5 paragraphs and two links to avoid my question.
Irregardless of who released the sarin gas, I ask you - again.
What threat to the USA does Syria pose that Iraq did not?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1819 Sep 4, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
What will George Bush be remembered as?
Spreader of Freedom.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1820 Sep 5, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreader of Freedom.
George W. Bush....Destroyer of ECONOMY.....

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1822 Sep 5, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one question I asked of you in my post. You spent 4 or 5 paragraphs and two links to avoid my question.
Irregardless of who released the sarin gas, I ask you - again.
What threat to the USA does Syria pose that Iraq did not?
Neither pose a direct threat.

Iraq never did.

Syria is a sore point in my opinion because Israel considers them to be destabilizing - and if Israel decides to attack, we will be drawn in anyway to defend them - which we should not.

Israel is a false country anyway - only with US backing did they receive their "Stolen Country" from Palestinians.

Hope this answer sufficed.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1823 Sep 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither pose a direct threat.
Iraq never did.
Syria is a sore point in my opinion because Israel considers them to be destabilizing - and if Israel decides to attack, we will be drawn in anyway to defend them - which we should not.
Israel is a false country anyway - only with US backing did they receive their "Stolen Country" from Palestinians.
Hope this answer sufficed.
Who did the Palestinians steal it from? Do you even know?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1824 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did the Palestinians steal it from? Do you even know?
I'll make this easy for you. From 1517-1917 Turkey's Ottoman Empire controlled a vast Arab empire, a portion of which is today Lebanon, Syria, and Palestine. During World War I (1914-1918), Turkey supported Germany. When Germany was defeated, so were the Turks. In 1916 control of the southern portion of their Ottoman Empire was "mandated" to France and Britain under the Sykes-Picot Agreement, which divided the Arab region into zones of influence. Lebanon and Syria were assigned (mandated) to France... and "Palestine" (today's Jordan, Israel and "West Bank") was mandated to Great Britain.

Does that help you at all?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1825 Sep 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make this easy for you. From 1517-1917 Turkey's Ottoman Empire controlled a vast Arab empire, a portion of which is today Lebanon, Syria, and Palestine. During World War I (1914-1918), Turkey supported Germany. When Germany was defeated, so were the Turks. In 1916 control of the southern portion of their Ottoman Empire was "mandated" to France and Britain under the Sykes-Picot Agreement, which divided the Arab region into zones of influence. Lebanon and Syria were assigned (mandated) to France... and "Palestine" (today's Jordan, Israel and "West Bank") was mandated to Great Britain.
Does that help you at all?
Very good, but I don't see in your post where Israel stole anything.

Also, why is it you start at 1517 and fail to mention how the Ottoman's gained control?

Why not bring up Nebuchadnezzar or Cyrus the Great?

Didn't think so...
AnswersRus

Lander, WY

#1826 Sep 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither pose a direct threat.
Iraq never did.
Syria is a sore point in my opinion because Israel considers them to be destabilizing - and if Israel decides to attack, we will be drawn in anyway to defend them - which we should not.
Israel is a false country anyway - only with US backing did they receive their "Stolen Country" from Palestinians.
Hope this answer sufficed.
Interesting.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1828 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, but I don't see in your post where Israel stole anything.
Also, why is it you start at 1517 and fail to mention how the Ottoman's gained control?
Why not bring up Nebuchadnezzar or Cyrus the Great?
Didn't think so...
listen, you want a war of words, go elsewhere. I was kind enough to supply you with this - either STFU or supply information yourself. I'm not your teacher son.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1829 Sep 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
listen, you want a war of words, go elsewhere. I was kind enough to supply you with this - either STFU or supply information yourself. I'm not your teacher son.
LMAO...get back on the porch with the puppies, lunch meat.

You got no game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 75
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 44 min Philosophic 132
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr spook food 230,970
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Brian_G 403,528
News Presidential commission urges better cybersecur... 1 hr Philosophic 6
News Tent jails, pink undies: Odd choices for New Ar... 2 hr TakeAmericaBack 6
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) 3 hr political smart 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,457,903
More from around the web